Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Actually, someone mentioned earlier in the comments that in that scene, Lene appeared with two other men who were controlling her in case her brother wanted to stop the operation or something, and they were also the ones who pressed the knife against Claire's neck.

Honestly wish they left it like that in the manga too, it makes people dislike Lene more which is kind of sad.

Went back and read that comment. This change seems like a bad call on the manga's part. The way it's framed in this makes it seem like both of them agreed willingly for their own selfish reasons and buckled down when they were caught. Very unsympathetic without the threats and blackmail element.

joined May 29, 2019

Claire calling her Rei in her head but still commoner out loud is so cute, Claire-sama is cute!

Tumblr_caf3b0f42fae30c4861ed20d01537352_218b78f1_250
joined Apr 6, 2021

I love this manga it’s so refreshing.
As always thanks so much for the translation !

joined Feb 21, 2019

I still don't understand why incest. Like the character was so good its disappointing it went that way.

ya, the whole incest thing was just random and weird. You could have done the exact same story but not do the incest, have it be about their family or something and it's fine. And then the author actually trying to equate homosexuality and incest was another level of dumb, but I digress.

well, hopefully these characters are gone after the goodbye next chapter, and we don't have to any more of the incest shit, focus on the main plot now and all.

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 5:07AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Claire calling her Rei in her head but still commoner out loud is so cute, Claire-sama is cute!

Okay you made me reread the chapter and I don't see it occuring, which panel is it?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Okay you made me reread the chapter and I don't see it occuring, which panel is it?

Page 3, panel 3

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Page 3, panel 3

Isn't this just prince Rodd speaking in a flashback by Claire?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Page 3, panel 3

Probably, but I do think that's what they were referring to

last edited at Mar 21, 2022 7:34AM

joined Sep 29, 2018

Actually, someone mentioned earlier in the comments that in that scene, Lene appeared with two other men who were controlling her in case her brother wanted to stop the operation or something, and they were also the ones who pressed the knife against Claire's neck.

Honestly wish they left it like that in the manga too, it makes people dislike Lene more which is kind of sad.

Went back and read that comment. This change seems like a bad call on the manga's part. The way it's framed in this makes it seem like both of them agreed willingly for their own selfish reasons and buckled down when they were caught. Very unsympathetic without the threats and blackmail element.

joined Sep 29, 2018

nope, I bought the digital copy of the novel... and what happened is the same in the manga...

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Well, it's a nice change to see a King who's not "Oh, you helped me with xxx, I'll be your best friend now, ask me anything, anytime!". Also, t's good to see Rei has no power on certain circunstances and it's not like she has a hidden card for everything, if not by Thane the slibings would be dead by now. And speaking of them, to all the people wishing bad things to them just for their relationship and not for what they did, I really hope bad things happen to you too :) . Have a nice day~

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Claire and Rei once again SERVING LOOKS. The art in this adaptation is so good.

Also, I get that folks on this forum are generally fans of the wimmen and his character doesn't help but imo Salas does look pretty attractive here.

joined May 29, 2019

Page 3, panel 3

I absolutely read that page wrong lol. my mistake

FreyjaWolfieN65
Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

@Woffle So what is the original, a light novel? I assume it's not been translated?

Original is a web novel, there is an author approved fan translate here:

https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/i-favor-the-villainess/

Welp time to go read the novel hehe, the manga's too dam amazing and I can't bear to wait X3

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Damn. I need to catch up and finish the LN as soon as possible. I can't bear to wait

joined Jun 12, 2015

Animu announcement soon.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ don’t give me hope

joined Jan 6, 2017

Never understood why so many people seem to hate Manaria. I like her quite a bit (I actually like her more that Lily)

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Never understood why so many people seem to hate Manaria. I like her quite a bit (I actually like her more that Lily)

Her character is just too convinient

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

PD: The sibling died by a dinosaur in the way of house, end

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NGL seeing the brother so composed and peaceful like that pissed me off, not a trace of regret... I get that all the attention and emotions focus was put on Lene but still.

Nyashi, thank you so so much for your immense hard work, this chapter was really long and yet it feels like the previous one came recently too, didn't have time to miss it, but sorry I totally skipped the dickhead's text bubbles in the store, I learned to avoid reading things from characters like that, they're basically walking noise and insults.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 5:13PM

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

Wuhuu!! is comming <3

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Her character is just too convinient

She's definitely Ms Plot Device, which is annoying and bad writing, especially when compared to how other important characters are treated in the web novel

I personally also hate Manaria for how much she abuses and bullies Rei, I mean, at some point Rei is actually at the point of breaking down completely and that's just not cool, no matter if you had "good intentions" or not. Let's not forget that she literally put Rei in hospital as well... Overall, she's just a character that behaves shitty and seems to always get away with it, which feels really unfair and kind of like her actions are supposed to be okay, which they are absolutely not and under no circumstances ever would be

Still, I'd probably be more happy to see her as a flawed but interesting character if she wasn't just such a convenient plot device

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 5:23PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

here she comes,manaria incooominng

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Honestly for me she's more in the dislike category. Only reason why she's not in the despise category is the fact that she is a plot device. I still hate her for ruining the mood during the festival

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.