Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Ms Landlady immediately going for the lap-pillow on page 24...

joined Apr 3, 2021

Doctor_Hoot posted:

It's a slightly unusual relationship, but I think Miyako would be disappointed to learn that Asako doesn't consider her a friend. But I do understand that Asako has some insecurities that make her wary of getting too attached...

Your landlord isn't "a friend", even if you have a good relationship with them.

Well, that’s true IRL. But isn’t the grandma technically the actual landlord? She’s more like a super. Despite not doing any of the maintenance. I guess you could see her as her grandma’s tenant and she’s subletting to the main character

joined Apr 3, 2021

Doctor_Hoot posted:

It's a slightly unusual relationship, but I think Miyako would be disappointed to learn that Asako doesn't consider her a friend. But I do understand that Asako has some insecurities that make her wary of getting too attached...

Well, that’s true IRL. But isn’t the grandma technically the actual landlord? She’s more like a super. Despite not doing any of the maintenance. I guess you could see her as her grandma’s tenant and she’s subletting to the main character

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Doctor_Hoot posted:

I mean sure, but this is a yuri manga and not real life.

joined Jun 11, 2016

lolol Hato-san is such a comedic genius. I love every appearances of her so far!

Anw, can't wait to see how the concert will go. I wonder will miss landlord get to see her former members there?

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Seein the word fav instead of oshi is so odd, but I spos it makes more sense for a translation. I forsee her using her name being concerning

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Hatomori is the best kind of fan. She passes out with important stuff related to her fav idol, but don't stalk, asks for tmi or personal things, bothers Miyako in any way. She treats her as human too, not some outerspace being that she MUST serve. Bless u, Hatomori. YOU are my fav <3

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Seein the word fav instead of oshi is so odd, but I spos it makes more sense for a translation. I forsee her using her name being concerning

I would argue she's a kamioshi because that has connotations of you'll always be my fave, even though you're not out there anymore. I think of an oshi as being someone who's your favourite member oshimem in an active group. it would be funny to have Hato call her a goddess-favourite.

There's a lot of rhyming and wordplay in this series.

last edited at Apr 1, 2022 1:29AM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

A week to know the winners?

Seeing how things are going with onee-san, I'd say Ms. Landlady is already a winner.
¯⧵_( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

X10
joined Jul 14, 2017

Thank you for the chapter!!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Going without the support of Asako huh? Well, I'm sure she'll be worried about Miyako the whole time. Wonder how seeing her past band members will affect her.

Cute chapter with them bonding. Matching mugs would've been cute though!

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 12:30PM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Wait so the pair will be the mangaka and miyako? I kinda don't get the lottery one

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Well it's not really a surprise they won, but that was a cute bonding chapter. Like it!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wait so the pair will be the mangaka and miyako? I kinda don't get the lottery one

Yup, since she is part of the fan club, she got in the advance lottery, which gave her access to one additional ticket, so one for her and a guest. She'll be taking Miyako with her. I suppose Asako could always try to get in with the general lottery.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's always a second lottery they registered to.

So if they win again, she might go with Asako.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

a cup lost its handle,
a new cup didn't get a pair,
one ticket it is

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

flea market date!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I forgot about the height difference ... uuuuuhhhhh woooow

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Yeah I’ve been curious what their official heights are, the difference is delicious.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kurocchin posted:

Yeah I’ve been curious what their official heights are, the difference is delicious.

It's written at the end of chapter 6.5.

They got 10cm difference.

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 3:46PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Really, really cute series.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

The arm over the shoulder did things to my heart

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i know this is cope but really miyako is like, barely a landlord at all. Although it does seem weird that there's been a few landlord romances now. taking "screw landlords" literally. Don't get the impulse there. Wish the age gap was like pushed back so like, Miyako was 23-24ish? But then you couldn't do as much of those "I'm teaching you to adult." things I guess. Although, being in the idol grinder for longer would definitely entrenched her baggage in a more exciting (characterization-wise) way. Given her being 19, she what, spent 3-4 years in the biz? Which is really not a lot!

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 5:05AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I do not get the Dynasty readers’ concentration on age gaps among grown people who are out of school. Sure, age differences affect the details of how relationships work (which is one of the reasons authors deploy them), but if there’s no official power differential (teacher-student, boss-employee), what real difference does an age gap make?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Blastaar posted:

I do not get the Dynasty readers’ concentration on age gaps among grown people who are out of school. Sure, age differences affect the details of how relationships work (which is one of the reasons authors deploy them), but if there’s no official power differential (teacher-student, boss-employee), what real difference does an age gap make?

There's often at least a difference in experience of relationships.

Here, Asako has been in romantic relationships before (and got burned) but the younger Miyako, a priori, never was.

This change the dynamics.

But other than that 26 x 19 is perfectly fine.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 10:01AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.