Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

me like

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Aight I bought this from Renta lol I couldn't wait for more =w=

Can confirm, pretty good!! Excited to re-read it again as it comes up on here, ahaha

Also it's weird having farther knowledge and seeing people's comments on how they think the story is gonna go. Never had that kinda situation before, its fun.

647d03d7d32d7f4e7776be9ce8bb60f8
joined Dec 21, 2021

"So I was thinking I'd send you two there on a short one night, two day trip!"

Me: oh yeah, it's all coming together

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Ummm, so based on the photo she received and her reaction, looks like she's already gone through dating a woman and was left by said woman for a man. Ouch.

No??? It’s much more likely a boyfriend broke up with her and is now with a different girl. The same guy showed up in an earlier flashback panel scoffing at the idea of marrying her.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ummm, so based on the photo she received and her reaction, looks like she's already gone through dating a woman and was left by said woman for a man. Ouch.

No??? It’s much more likely a boyfriend broke up with her and is now with a different girl. The same guy showed up in an earlier flashback panel scoffing at the idea of marrying her.

Ahhh, thanks I forgot about that.

Istockphoto-486187560-1024x1024-1
joined Oct 5, 2021

Couldn't keep my patience and also bought it from Renta. Totally worth it, can't wait to reread it on here

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I like the dynamic of the two. With one being unsure and the other being straightforward and honest.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Btw, guys, this is licensed on Renta! so buy the thing there if you wanna support the author

I'm glad this is releasing slowly to encourage people to rent it and support it. Link in quote above.

I just rented the rest of the series for $4. Was interesting to see it play out. Wish it was 12 chapters instead of 6, but I'm satisfied.

I took a look at it on Renta, and may rent the chapters that haven't come out yet..

The localization seems decent thus far, but I find it a bit odd that they switched to having the two main characters using first names on each other. I wonder if it'll cause problems later if Takagai and Shiina switch to first names.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Wanted so badly to buy it from renta but it seems to not accept my card. I guess all I can do is patiently wait here.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Wanted so badly to buy it from renta but it seems to not accept my card. I guess all I can do is patiently wait here.

Try the app if you haven't. Their web browser is kinda clunky sometimes.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I thought she was going to hold out for longer, but I guess not. Hooray for fast progress

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Well, I went ahead and got the rest of the volume as directed by knight heron. I seldom if ever do that. I will not put in any spoiler of course, after all, you can go to the same site which knight heron directed. Heck half of you also have read the whole thing already form Rent! so there is not much to add. I will try to write this assuming you are still on chapter 2.

There is the usual fluff and wholesomeness. But I found it very rare that we have a soon to be mid 30s MC in an OL Yuri. Usually the age is 26 to 29. This is the first one that I read with a over 30 MC. 33 to be exact. Also a age gap, with the elder being 33 and younger at 23, that's more of a yaoi type plot (Manager sexually harassing new employee, you know, young, fun and full of c...) but maybe I am wrong. When I was 33, I was similar to Shiina, head of my department as manager, and also the one to go to the client site to meet with the client, with or without an underling. So in a way it did bring up some smiles to me at the end of Ch2.

I was a little disappointed at the end because clearly the manga can produce up to 5 volumes. At the very end of Ch6 the MC became a couple in a hurry, 5 pages, then we have an epilogue. It feels like someone has decided to axe it, because usually the fun and challenging part of writing the manga if the MCs are already together early on, you can create many plots, such as a potential rival, meeting exes, domestic arguments or fight. then there is the work vs love life struggle plot (which is actually the central theme of this manga), and of course compare with the traditional heterosexual marriage (marrying a female co-worker, then she retired and have kids), a homosexual couple situation is a totally different ball game. Also, since this manga clearly states the truth about the legal status of same sex marriages and consequences, there are a lot of plots that can utilize that as a major theme. One can easily write a full chapter for a same sex couple hunting for an apartment and was always getting a no from landlords. These things are of course real, and I am sure all of you already know that. Writing happily ever after at the end is nice. But writing happily ever after at the beginning is more interesting. Vampire After The Doomsday started with all four MCs were already paired up at the very beginning. Vampire chan x junior chan has the two MCs also paired up soon after the manga started, and it is very challenging since the mangaka has already set it up also at the beginning that the two MC will die within a year...in an case, this manga has the potential, I wish it were to continue for maybe at least a couple of volumes won't hurt.

I am now confident that I will be looking forward to read a OL Yuri that has a 40 and a 20 years old MC. After all, that is my age group. :)

last edited at Apr 13, 2022 9:31AM by OrangePekoe

joined Jan 3, 2020

I already owned the chapters apparently, just didn't connect them in my head because the titles were different (and apparently hadn't gotten to reading them yet).

Got to say, I like the translation from knight heron more. I feel like the official translation leaves out quite a few words in many speech bubbles. It's done for the sake of brevity, but it comes at a sizeable cost to depth. There's a few speech bubbles on Chapter 2 that just don't make sense as translated in the official version.

It's not terrible or anything, but I found myself wondering in later chapters "what did they leave out of this speech bubble in order to make the font this big?"

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 6:02AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Holy hell. More manga should use the L word instead of "two women".

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Try the app if you haven't. Their web browser is kinda clunky sometimes.

Thanks! Now I'll be able to enjoy it

joined Mar 15, 2015

I rented it on Renta and read through the entire series. I'll share my thoughts on it while keeping spoilers to a minimum.

Like some other people, I think that it could have been longer, even if it covered the same period of time that the series did (there's a month-long timeskip between Chapter 3 and 4, so the series can't be much more than a few months long). Covering the series in more depth would help to give more time to explore the various subplots, like Shiina's past relationship, in more depth.

The series has some interesting and depressing tidbits about same-sex couples in Japan- not only can they not get married, but they're often barred from visiting each other in the hospital and renting apartments together. The latter is interesting, because one would think two unmarried individuals of the same sex rooming together would raise fewer eyebrows than two unmarried people of opposite sexes.

The cast is relatively small, but most of the characters besides the main couple seem rather underdeveloped.

All in all, my opinion is that this is a good idea that could have gone on longer.

Renta has an interesting model that allows people to rent rather than buy manga, but the yuri genre selection is rather disappointing- there's only 19 titles, and this is the only one I've heard of.

last edited at Apr 13, 2022 9:33AM by OrangePekoe

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Or you can all avoid spoilers at all. Just because you read the whole thing elsewhere doesn't mean everyone else did. There is a reason there is a a spoiler tag on thie forum.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I personally didn't think the parts I brought up spoiled anything significant, which is why I decided not to spoiler-tag them.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This is goooooood

joined Oct 27, 2018

I like it

joined May 8, 2018

Oh, I love this manga. And very wholesome. I love wholesome-ness in my manga. And yeah, their clothes are different from the first page of chapter 1 and 2. Continuation error, perhaps?

last edited at Apr 16, 2022 6:59AM

taenivillanelle
joined Apr 16, 2022

gimme more

joined Mar 15, 2015

Oh, I love this manga. And very wholesome. I love wholesome-ness in my manga. And yeah, their clothes are different from the first page of chapter 1 and 2. Continuation error, perhaps?

The first page is a flash forward to the end of Chapter 4, not a flashback to the time Takagai found Shiina when the latter was drunk. I was a little confused, too, but if you look at the preview for the start of Chapter 5, you'll see that Shiina has the same flower-patterned dress as she does in the start of the series.

buttxrscotch
joined Nov 4, 2017

thank god for an age-gap romance where one of the parties involved isn't a fucking minor!! also YEEEEEEEEEEEES workplace romance ehehehe

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

um, how can u drag someone who is not a lesbian into a lesbian relationship? Especially the person is clueless about the sex part...and later trying to learn. That would be like how do you drag a lesbian into an honest het relationship who is not interested or know the sex part.
It really feels like someone who is neither gay nor has any close LGBT circle friends wrote it. ie, some Het author who just drew this while imagining what a same sex relationship should be. Some places I literally cringe.

last edited at May 7, 2022 8:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.