Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

NTR is when they are in a relationship, which they aren't.

No, that's what cheating is. NTR is when main character's expected romantic partner ends up with someone else.

Hmm, I've always seen it referred to NTR when the main characters 'girlfriend/boyfriend' is stolen. Guess I was wrong there. Still I don't see Ran going for either of them, plus didn't Saki have a boyfriend?

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

No Saki didnt have a boyfriend, she liked 1 of her customer from work who is a student and she's not really serious anyway.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

No, that's what cheating is. NTR is when main character's expected romantic partner ends up with someone else.

Hmm, I've always seen it referred to NTR when the main characters 'girlfriend/boyfriend' is stolen. Guess I was wrong there. Still I don't see Ran going for either of them, plus didn't Saki have a boyfriend?

Well, I'm not too sure about that myself. NTR indeed is when MC's love interest is stolen, and in 95+% of works NTR does include cheating, but - AFAIK - there doesn't have to be a relationship to make it NTR.
This manga is an example of NTR without cheating, and it has a pretty big discussion about it.

Personally, I try to stay far from both NTR and cheating tags, so I'd rather stop here ^_^

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ I don't think there will be NTR and even less cheating here, it would be weird for Ran to go for Keiko's ex and if Ran end up with a girl, it won't be Saki ( + I too don't think Saki was serious)

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 12:32PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ I don't think there will be NTR and even less cheating here, it would be weird for Ran to go for Keiko's ex and if Ran end up with a girl, it won't be Saki ( + I too don't think Saki was serious)

Ran said it herself a few chapters ago, that she is not interested in getting a boyfriend (or something like that, iirc). The only person she has any interest is Keiko.

I think y'all have your yuri goggles set to delusional. :P

Isn't that exactly what 99% of shippings are? Delusions :p

joined Mar 25, 2013

Ran said it herself a few chapters ago, that she is not interested in getting a boyfriend (or something like that, iirc). The only person she has any interest is Keiko.

She said she doesn't want to be popular among guys. Which is kind of saying "I'm a (raging) lesbian (for Keiko)"

Also Saki likes her company. Ran is a pretty cheerful person so that's understandable. So if she liked some boy, maybe she's with him now. All-in-all I really don't think Saki is having/going to have romantic feelings for Ran.

Plus I really doubt that Keiko is going to end up with her ex. They may become friends after clearing up whatever feelings are left, but if she ends up with him all of her development will be made irrelevant and at that time the manga wouldn't have a point. I can see her ex going for Ran though eventually and that eliciting a reaction out of Keiko. Not in the 'she's mine' kind, but some kind of reaction. I don't try to get my hopes up too much. I've watched Nana xD It's been awhile of course but I see some similarities.

Also now that I re-read that particular chapter (27.5) she mentions a relapse. Which most of the people here attributed to alcoholism, but it could be that she was sleeping around with men/women because of said alcoholism, which would be maybe around the time her father had died.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 1:42PM

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Also now that I re-read that particular chapter (27.5) she mentions a relapse. Which most of the people here attributed to alcoholism, but it could be that she was sleeping around with men/women because of said alcoholism, which would be maybe around the time her father had died.

It's hard to imagine Ran sleeping around. xD Wonder what types of sexual experiences she has had.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

That'd be interesting, but I don't think it's likely. Since the sentence immediately prior to that mentions drinking and all she does during the party is pretty much drink... not to mention there have been plenty of times where her love for alcohol has been referenced...

like here where Ran and her co-worker get one of their customers to allow her to drink with them, and here where Keiko, who knows Ran's shenanigans, tells her that there's no drinking...

and no forgetting that one time where Keiko and Saki decided to never take Ran out for drinking + mixers.

It's hard to imagine Ran sleeping around. xD Wonder what types of sexual experiences she has had.

^ and this haha. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be nice to think that Ran has been waiting for Keiko all these years?

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 4:18PM

joined Oct 6, 2014

Why would it be nice to think Ran has been waiting lose her virginity to Keiko? That would be hella obsessive and disturbing.

We haven't really gotten into Ran's romantic past (thus her sexuality). I imagine that will come up at some point. I can't see her being a virgin, but I can totally see her never having been in love before.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 5:21PM

joined Oct 17, 2014

Well, I'm not too sure about that myself. NTR indeed is when MC's love interest is stolen, and in 95+% of works NTR does include cheating, but - AFAIK - there doesn't have to be a relationship to make it NTR.
This manga is an example of NTR without cheating, and it has a pretty big discussion about it.

Personally, I try to stay far from both NTR and cheating tags, so I'd rather stop here ^_^

I tend to think of NTR as when two people are mutually interested in a relationship with each other, but one of them is manipulated to end up with a third party despite the fact that they would rather initially have been with the first one.

I see the manipulation and mutual interest as defining traits of NTR, otherwise, a lot of Love Triangles would seem like NTR as well.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 5:28PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

That'd be interesting, but I don't think it's likely. Since the sentence immediately prior to that mentions drinking and all she does during the party is pretty much drink... not to mention there have been plenty of times where her love for alcohol has been referenced...

She's drinking regularly though so that is not the relapse problem. It would be something else. I'd very much like to think that she's been waiting for Keiko as well but they haven't had contact after she graduated so I doubt she's been waiting. If per chance that is the case it would be incredibly sweet but the chance is really slim.

I too can't imagine her sleeping around but loosing a parent can be traumatic. Plus she isn't as much worried about drinking as drinking too much and maybe not having control over herself which would generally lead to someone taking advantage of her and maybe her not caring about it.

As it is now we don't know anything about her love life, and as far as we're concerned she's a virgin, because she or someone else hasn't said she's had a partner at all. It'd be an interesting twist if she was asexual.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 6:24PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Her friends from back home described her as "indifferent to guys".

No use thinking too hard about this until Shou decides to notch up the drama.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Why would it be nice to think Ran has been waiting lose her virginity to Keiko? That would be hella obsessive and disturbing.

We haven't really gotten into Ran's romantic past (thus her sexuality). I imagine that will come up at some point. I can't see her being a virgin, but I can totally see her never having been in love before.

Well, tbh, I don't think it's necessarily disturbing/obsessive for Ran to have been waiting for Keiko, but I should have elaborated that I personally meant more of the the whole Ran-in-love thing rather than Ran-a-virgin-for-Keiko thing.

From what my hazy memory remembers... isn't Ran seen rather really confident in flirting and not shy about sexuality-topics? Something like that? I wouldn't make take a stab at whether or not she's a virgin, but I'd go as far as to say she's probably rather comfortable in her own shoes at this point about it.

last edited at Jan 17, 2015 7:03PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

From what my hazy memory remembers... isn't Ran seen rather really confident in flirting and not shy about sexuality-topics? Something like that? I wouldn't make take a stab at whether or not she's a virgin, but I'd go as far as to say she's probably rather comfortable in her own shoes at this point about it.

The most prominent one would be about 'popping senpai's cherry' xD But yeah she's confident about it. She doesn't have to be a virgin, but she may as well be one. I know one person who is comfortable with flirting/innuendos/sex stuffs who is a virgin (me).

But now we're dwelling on something we'll probably not get answers about anytime soon.

Moving on to more important things. Any guesses about the name of the kitty?

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

Wow such a long discussion...
In the end, I can only notice that Ran's scent is everywhere in Keiko's room... Ihihihi

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Do you guys ever stop and think "We might be taking this too damn seriously"?
Cause that's what it looks like you're doing.
I mean, yuri goggles are great and all but you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 2:03AM

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

You're exaggerating. Plus NTR is when they are in a relationship, which they aren't. Also Ran doesn't seem she likes either Saki or Keiko's ex in that way. Are you per chance drunk? (slightly joking)

no dude, sober.(never been actually drunk if you ask me)

god, what i've started... seems that ntr is a kind of magical phrase on this site: whenever someone spills it out - here is when the outburst commences! that post actually meant to be marked with /jk/ - sorry i forgot. (but again, you never know what awaits us around the corner, especially with Higashiyama )

anyways, pretty curious chapter, as in could be a lead-up to some arc closures. i'm suggesting Keiko-sempai's mother - arc and that whole past that's haunting on our black-haired stretching main character, just speculating here though

joined Mar 25, 2013

Do you guys ever stop and think "We might be taking this too damn seriously"?
Cause that's what it looks like you're doing.
I mean, yuri goggles are great and all but you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

What else are we going to do when there's no information? People gotta be active!

(but again, you never know what awaits us around the corner, especially with Higashiyama)

I somehow doubt he'll bring up his 'side-projects' nature in this one. If he wanted to he would've already done so :)

Also no guesses about the name of the kitty?

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Stretch.

The entire manga so far was a setup for the cat, the title character.

joined Oct 12, 2013

NTR is cuckolding, basically.

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Stretch.

That's a weird cat name. I'm gonna name my cat Ran, Ran, Ran you naughty.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Stretch.

It could be Keiko, if it's old enough xD I can imagine the next chapter opening to a black panel and a speech bubble saying "Ugh, Keiko you're heavy. Get off." and showing the white kitty slumbering on her. Somehow I can imagine Shou doing something like that xD

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Stretch.

It could be Keiko, if it's old enough xD I can imagine the next chapter opening to a black panel and a speech bubble saying "Ugh, Keiko you're heavy. Get off." and showing the white kitty slumbering on her. Somehow I can imagine Shou doing something like that xD

No way, Shou would take at least four pages before showing it was about the cat.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Stretch.

No way, Shou would take at least four pages before showing it was about the cat.

Wow he would... What a troll. xD

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

still waiting for the day i see a yuri tag on this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.