Forum › Posts by terrorbird

terrorbird
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

I quite like Maki. He seems like a good foil for our protagonist.

terrorbird
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Not going to lie, i'd give anything for Maki-kun to be a transboy.

Now that you mention it.... that sounds like a great idea.

terrorbird
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Literally cringed while reading this. Too awkward, too rapey, too forced (no pun intended).
That's it for me and this series.

Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

THANK YOU HALMONI.

omg, this break suited me really well. My enthusiasm for FF has returned 100 fold.

So part 1 was No-rae's perspective (majority speaking) and part 2 is mostly Seol-a's, huh? It's cute and working for FF, gotta say.

What does, "Isn't she OP" mean? What's OP?

OMFG. This chapter is going to give me heart problems I swear. "Bang Bang" went straight through Seol-a's heart...Seol-a got pissed when No-rae said it was uncomfortable (omg, I loved this)...and No-rae called Seol-a cute??? SHIT MAN. THIS CHAPTER, I SWEAR.

Thank you for your sacrifice to get us a translation during your exam season, halmoni. Best of luck with them btw!

OP began as a video game term for 'overpowered' i.e. overly skilled or powerful. Essentially, Seol-a is OP comparable to other girls as she's pretty, intelligent, has a good voice etc.

I want clear on whose perspective it was towards the end as far as the boxes. Is it actually Seol-a?

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 10:30PM

Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Haha thanks for pointing that out, I have no idea why people would go on the comico mobile site when they could just download the app lol.

There's a simple reason, not having 34373536 apps for one.

+1
One trick pony apps make scrolling through my apps a nuisance. I rather use Chrome's 'Request Desktop Site' option.

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 16 Apr 19:10
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

This was a fun chapter.
It's nice to see them all light hearted and having fun (even at Keiko's expense).

Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Now, I wish I could avoid any negativity, but I need to get this off my chest: all this complaining about No-rae overhearing some gossip about Seol-a and it amounted to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! This chapter would have been 99% the exact same if that scene was removed. All it did was give No-rae a bit of guilt about her reaction to it.

I disagree with you on this. No-rae was outright ignoring Seol-a up until this point. If she hadn't overheard that piece of gossip, she would not have attempted to check up on Seol-a, likely wouldn't have answered Seol-a's call and consequently wouldn't have gone to rescue her from potential disaster.

That aside, with reference to the almost vehicular accident...
Do you guys think that No-rae ended up holding on to Seol-a in an effort to protect her, or it was just because they were jostled in the sudden stop? Or just because she wanted to, and the close call was just a convenient excuse?

Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Please check the /u/ FF thread if you want the rough translation.

Thank you!

Echoing the sentiments of other readers, I truly appreciate the work that you (and the full /u/ team) have been doing. I really am enjoying this series.

Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Do not fear halmoni is here

LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

Enjoy!

You, my dear, are simply the best.

Between chap 21 and 22, I can hardly handle how freaking cute these two are.
I'm squee-ing for God's sake.

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:30PM

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 25 Jan 03:23
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

In the end, I can only notice that Ran's scent is everywhere in Keiko's room... Ihihihi

I didn't interpret that as Keiko's room randomly smeling like Ran. Saki borrowed, and is sleeping on, Ran's futon so of course she'll be enveloped in Ran's scent and make such a comment.

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 15 Jan 00:42
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

I don't get what was this chapter for

Stretching, obviously.

Background Lesbians With Shou, who tf knows.

I am a little curious though...why was Ran by herself at her home and not her room? Follow up...where is Keiko? Thought they were going to her mom's together??

I am worried about Keiko's ex. It was a rash breakup that was Keiko's fault as far as we know and now he's getting feelings for Ran...

Goddammit where'e the 6 month later pass I wanna know if this ends Yuri or not already asdfjkl;

Uhhhh... Not sure where you got so confused, but Ran was at her mother's place and with her mother, not alone. Keiko is pretty clearly still in Tokyo (sleeping in the same bed that got stuff spilled over it two chapters ago) and Saki is sleeping in Ran's futon, dragged over to Keiko's bedroom.

last edited at Jan 15, 2015 12:44AM

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 12 Dec 17:29
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Boo to that lame couple. There's no harm in a snow ball fight, no matter what age. If I saw something like that in real life, I'd think it cute.

I get jelly whenever I see those scenes, it's never gonna snow where I live and the only time I witnessed it was during a vacation trip... snowed for only 30mins...
:(

Snow isn't as glamorous as you may think. (Canadian)

It's pretty when it's light, but it can be pretty hardcore when it wants to be.

+1 a la Toronto yesterday. Flights cancelled and days-long delays on getting another one (thanks a lot, Air Canada)

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 16:28
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Keiko is right. Ran is friggin adorable.

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 15:37
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

How will Keiko introduce Ran to her mom: 'my girlfriend'?

Are they actually girlfriends though.....?

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 00:42
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Attention to the details, they said... wow! This is really well-spotted.

Thanks...although the only reason I caught on to that was because I'm mildly obsessed with Stretch and re-read it way too frequently. Especially after Shou's 'Honmei chocolate' bait.

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 09 Dec 20:28
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Well, Ran's sister can always show up and try to get Keiko for herself.

So....I keep seeing reference to Ran having a sibling around here...
Am I the only one who thinks Ran is an only child? She surely acts like one, but that aside...

Initially when I read chapter 10, I thought she had a sister. In rereading, it seemed more like that text was a continuation of her friend's account of why Keiko was a bad egg. After all, why would Ran be so naive of Keiko and her reputation if she had a sister to giver her warnings well in advance?
Added to which, the sister is never mentioned otherwise, she's not in the family photo and didn't show up at the father's grave to pay respects for the 49th day memorial....

Even the layout of the text bubbles that I assume lead people to believe Ran has a sister are different from the norm when it's the characters own narration (like here or here or here etc etc) in that they are double bordered.

Just throwing that out there. If there are any other hints that point to Ran having a sibling, please enlighten.

terrorbird
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Why would Emi have stopped Mihashi when she obviously had no idea Mihashi was having the second affair? She was clearly shocked at the pregnancy announcement, assuming that the pregnancy was with the first dude. How was she supposed to even have a clue that this was a possibility? This ain't a fantasy story where she gets visions of the future.

As to the first relationship, love or not Mihashi is in the socially-approved situation in Japan as we're all well aware of. in that context, Emi doesn't really have the "right" to step in unless Mihashi makes a move. But Mihashi has agency of her own and gives no indication she's about to break things off with him.

Expecting Emi to stop Mihashi digging her own hole is unreasonable in this situation.

true, but it half sounds like a lot of the readers want Emi to turn into a knight in shining armor and for her to go "rescue" Mihashi. I suppose if this were more pure romance instead of a "real life" type of situation, I could see that; however, as has been pointed out, Emi was a 3rd party non-participant, so it's none of her business. period.

Indeed. When two people love/like each other, it's not as though only one of the two can make a move. Emi and Mihashi both could have.
Clearly they both knew that the other had feelings for them. Clearly neither of them made serious moves to express that.

If I'm going to blame Emi for anything, it's staying quiet from the get go about how she felt towards Mihashi. This blame is equally placed on Mihashi since she did the same.

The blame for the affair, pregnancy and subsequent fallout lies solely on Mihashi for me.

terrorbird
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Thank you Yuri Project and Divulge Scans for making it possible for us, English language users, to understand this manga! Many thanks!

This manga series is great too!! :D

Seconded. It was pretty bittersweet seeing Ch.13 released because it marks the end of this series, though I really have enjoyed the releases.

Kudos to the scanlation teams for their hard work, and as usual, Takemiya Jin has put out a solid story.

terrorbird
Stretch discussion 05 Jun 21:16
Rsz_1rsz_lilylove
joined Jun 5, 2014

Cause teenagers usually have sex for well thought out reasons.

At least they used protection. Which makes me wonder how (if at all) she got pregnant, I'm assuming this was the start of some pretty self destructive behavior from her.

Uh. This occurred when she was a teenager, it is implied, while to my understanding, she was pregnant while engaged to her ex-fiance. I fail to see how this chapter caused you to doubt her pregnancy.