Forum › The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None! discussion

joined Apr 24, 2020

Wow, I was right. Either way, I dont feel like Im reading english at this point, whats going on... But I do like the pictures, and since they dont use ancient babylonian number systems, I can at least follow the points.

Btw, is there some kind of latex package that writes mahjong tiles, or how do the scanlators insert those?

The author has inserted the tile pictures in the original text, and I just move them around to fit the positioning of the English typeset.

However, mahjong tiles are also Unicode symbols. That came in necessary for the big "to go deeper" page where I needed them to fit with the gradient.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_Tiles_(Unicode_block)

last edited at Feb 19, 2022 8:35AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Wow, I was right. Either way, I dont feel like Im reading english at this point, whats going on... But I do like the pictures, and since they dont use ancient babylonian number systems, I can at least follow the points.

Btw, is there some kind of latex package that writes mahjong tiles, or how do the scanlators insert those?

The author has inserted the tile pictures in the original text, and I just move them around to fit the positioning of the English typeset.

However, mahjong tiles are also Unicode symbols. That came in necessary for the big "to go deeper" page where I needed them to fit with the gradient.

Were you suprised by the existence of unicode symbols for mahjong tiles? Because I certainly am. Nice job translating btw.

joined Apr 24, 2020

Were you suprised by the existence of unicode symbols for mahjong tiles? Because I certainly am. Nice job translating btw.

Somewhat, but at this point I'd believe more or less anything you told me was a Unicode symbol.

And thanks!

joined Jun 5, 2018

YES, SOMEONE DID IT, OBJECTION!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I could see Shiki moonlighting as a board game or tcg judge

joined May 24, 2018

Kaguya and Marisa's abilities are so on brand this match is great.

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Two days earlier?!?! Kaguya you little son of a-

The longest Mahjong game recorded was 33 hours!

joined Jun 5, 2018

I love the creativity, and yes, what's cheating in a world full of super powers. Saki might need to look into that.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Wow I don't like this character and her ability lmfao she's so sinister

This is great

Violin
joined Feb 10, 2022

I'd say it's out of character, but it makes complete sense for Kaguya to at least threaten eternity over a Mahjong game.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Fuck kaguyaaaaaa! So no one really is gonna ban this ability huh? Well, I mean, Kaguya doesnt know, but theres no way the author will permit her to succeed, lest this manga has her in two matches!

Suika
joined Oct 6, 2021

Even in a world filled with super powers, there should be a ban against powers that prevent the game from progressing at all. Not necessarily because it's cheating (like someone said, everyone's doing it), but because it prevents the entire tournament from advancing.

last edited at Jun 16, 2022 8:07AM

joined Feb 8, 2021

Man, I'd hate to see what mahjong matches at the Lunar Capital were like if she always pulls this stunt.

last edited at Jun 16, 2022 11:12PM

joined Jul 12, 2020

Cute Reimu rooting for Marisa.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

420 Pink Floyd wombo combo. Marisa truly is the mahjong gamer of our times

Suika
joined Oct 6, 2021

That...was actually pretty damn clever. Make Kaguya drop her ability by threatening to destroy the one advantage she does get from keeping it up, then take that advantage for yourself while she is still reeling. Good going.

joined Jul 12, 2020

That’s some big brain move of Marisa

joined Jun 5, 2018

That was incredibly creative! No stupid plot device or some change of heart, just good ol loopholes! Marisas the best

Suika
joined Oct 6, 2021

That was incredibly creative! No stupid plot device or some change of heart, just good ol loopholes! Marisas the best

Well, there IS the beginning of a change of heart; when Kaguya says that "In that final round, when I had no choice but to dispel my ability [...] ...I felt...a little excited", it implicates that Marisa has given her the first taste of the thrill a good game can bring and that she won't use her ability again in the future, at least not as her first resort.

Of course, all that happens AFTER Marisa has pulled her (masterful) trick, so...

joined Jul 12, 2020

Kinda irony that in the round when Marisa makes the second chombo, Kaguya has a hand that could win if she turns off her abilities silently, but she decides to stick with stalling and it backfired real hard.

20231229_142059
joined May 18, 2021

She still isn't breathing up to this point

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Youmu I know you are an airhead but please think about Akyuu's ability more!

joined Jun 5, 2018

Im an airhead and dont get it! Help!

I do love how the author played Sakuya dirty XD damn, not even a quarter of a chapter. Rumias black censor bar takes the cake for me, even if it did absolutely nothing

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

She's remembering the exact movements of each tile as they were shuffled so she knows where all the face-down tiles are, I presume.

joined Jun 5, 2018

She's remembering the exact movements of each tile as they were shuffled so she knows where all the face-down tiles are, I presume.

But that doesnt make sense... Abilities like Shou/Hina/Kaguya do not make the tiles more likely to be drawn by them, but they change the value of the face down tiles/how people play tiles, as seen by marisas failed attempts at cheating. Unless actually knowing the tiles changes that? I mean, Marisa certainly did not need perfect memory to know where her tiles where, since she arranged them as such.

To reply you must either login or sign up.