Forum › The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None! discussion

joined Jun 5, 2018

I do love seeing everyone cheat either by using their abilities or by simply normally cheating, while Youmu plays entirely fair even though she could if she wanted to use her ability to look at every tile on the table and have constant perfect information, which would not only negate several other people's abilities (because their abilities depend on swapping the unknown tiles around) but also mean that she'd be fully capable of playing around everyone else because she'd have perfect information.

Good on her, though it's fun to think that Youmu pretty much always cutting the correct tiles is also a manifestation of her ability.

how would youmu do that?

Way way back when she was playing Rumia, to counter her hand being covered in darkness she learned how to perceive the tiles with closed eyes, by harnessing the "inner eye" she uses in combat. She notes how she could probably use this ability to look at the other players' hands as well, but decides against it because she doesn't want to cheat. It's never brought up again. (Well, not that I remember.)

Hm, yeah, youre right, there was something along those lines

joined Jun 5, 2018

Why did marisa not want to eliminate akyuu right then and there?

If you mean chapter 29, supposedly 24,300 points was simply the most she could get out of Akyuu in that instant.
If you mean chapter 30, she felt she had to slow down if she didn't want to risk being countered by Remilia or Youmu.

i thought if one player runs out of points the match immediately ends, so Marisa would come out on top in ch. 30?

joined Apr 24, 2020

Why did marisa not want to eliminate akyuu right then and there?

If you mean chapter 29, supposedly 24,300 points was simply the most she could get out of Akyuu in that instant.
If you mean chapter 30, she felt she had to slow down if she didn't want to risk being countered by Remilia or Youmu.

i thought if one player runs out of points the match immediately ends, so Marisa would come out on top in ch. 30?

Yes, that's correct. If Akyuu ran out of points while Marisa was in first place, she would instantly win.

The point wasn't that she had to slow down how quickly she was taking points from Akyuu. She would love to eliminate Akyuu as soon as possible. It was that if she rushed forward in order to take them, she could get tripped up by Remilia or Youmu and end up not getting them at all.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Incredibly funny that this chapter posits that the reason Remilia hasn't even shown an ability yet is because she might just be really good at mahjong, which would mean she is using literally the same strategy as Youmu except on a higher more experienced level.

This would if true be pretty fitting, after two dozen people who do nothing but cheat the final boss really should just be someone who is simply the best at actually playing the game.

last edited at Feb 18, 2024 9:43AM

Vietcong Soldier
Monkey-smin
joined Aug 6, 2020

Omg she said the thing

joined Mar 12, 2023

i learned how to lose a game of mahjong due to circumstances, so i finally know what's going on in this manga

joined Mar 27, 2024

This manga/doujin made me read a story of a universe in which I only know the basics of, who are playing a game that I know not single thing about.

To reply you must either login or sign up.