Forum › Posts by Kangu135

joined Jul 12, 2020

Arent their abilities kind of overlapping at this point? I mean, what happens if Kaguya, Sanae, Tenshi and Reimilia are on one table?

We haven't really seen Remilia in action yet so no clue on what she does but the other three are actually fairly different. Sanae's ability gives her a tenhou/chiihou whenever she starts losing, which we already saw Youmu get around by sending her into the negatives in one shot.

Tenshi's ability is actually a bit trickier, since it isn't that she's getting tenhou because of the blessing of a god or something like that. If we take what she said at face value she is stacking the wall and rigging the dice throw not through classic cheating like Marisa but through supernatural means. Essentially it's Marisa's strategy except she can't be directly stopped, can alter all walls instead of just the one in front of her, and on top of that she probably doesn't have the limiter of "needing to be losing". If I had to guess the way around it is for Marisa to mess with the wall after it's already been stacked by Tenshi, but that'll be impossible without Sekibanki's cooperation and even then a couple things would have to line up (such as Tenshi going for a double riichi instead of just getting tenhou again, which I think we can assume she did out of hubris?). Either way we'll probably find out more in the next chapter.

As for what'd happen if those 4 played in the same table, unless Remilia's ability overruled it, I would say Kaguya wins. As long as her ability is in effect there's no escaping a tie. Marisa had to basically hold her hostage by breaking the rules in order to force her to disable it, so unless the other three tried the same the princess would have the win on the bag. Or not. Maybe they'd just keep playing forever.

I dont think Sanae needed to lose, since apparently winning by getting the best outcome over and over again would definitely put you out of danger zone. But yes, she had a cooldown.

In hindsight, Tenshis ability is really underwhelming if you consider the fact that Marisa could do the same but without any restriction, only overruled by supernatural abilities. And since Tenshi physically does something, she would automatically lose against "reality changing" abilities such as Kaguya and Sanae, at least former proved to change the tiles Marisa cheated with.

I believe that the tile in this setting works in Schrodinger's cat logic. So as long as the title remained unknown, its value can be changed with reality alter power. However, once someone manages to know the tile, it will remain as a fixed value. It is like Akyuu power vs Shou power. Shou power does not work once Akyuu manages to remember all the tile positions and values. However since Tenshi power changes the tile value through physic manipulation, it bypasses this restriction and can be used regardless. Also, I don't think Kaguya ever change Marisa's tiles, at least the one Marisa already has knowledge about(hand, maybe wall too, etc). She only changes the tile that other player doesn't know(from dealing) or even alter players' decisions to force draw repeatedly.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Kinda irony that in the round when Marisa makes the second chombo, Kaguya has a hand that could win if she turns off her abilities silently, but she decides to stick with stalling and it backfired real hard.

joined Jul 12, 2020

That’s some big brain move of Marisa

joined Jul 12, 2020

Cute Reimu rooting for Marisa.

joined Jul 12, 2020

So they skip the whole touhou 9. Kinda understandable, what kind of vengeful spirit dumb enough to fuck with the Yama herself. Kinda weird that she choose a kappa to possessed rather than a tengu. It really hard to fake being an engineer when you have no ideas what the heck is going on.

joined Jul 12, 2020

So they skip the whole touhou 9. Kinda understandable, what kind of vengeful spirit dumb enough to fuck with the Yama herself. Kinda weird that she choose a kappa to possessed rather than a tengu. It really hard to fake being an engineer when you have no ideas what the heck is going on.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Is Marisa intend to kill that guy or just she too strong now that she unconsciously used too much power for the shot?

joined Jul 12, 2020

Seem like the book enhance user magic capability. For those village it give them abilities to use basic spell and magic, but since Marisa is already a magician, it give her abandon food magic instead.

joined Jul 12, 2020

One simple solution for this thing is Yukari right? She was possessed last time(or at least she claimed to be), she never meet satori afterward so no way to confirm she is safe or sus, she disappeared right after pointed out the next crime scene for Reimu, and Yukari herself appear in both IN and PCB, and her abilities can help to solve Kaguya infinite maze quite ease.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Ever since the art changed, Satori lost her original's messy hair, as well as her screen time.

Die they replaced the artist? The style change seems very rough, it'd be kind of sad if true.

Edit: just noticed that the artist really changed. Wonder why they did it, was the feedback so bad for the old one?

The old artist has some health problems and cannot keep up with the work. The manga is sometimes delayed for months(before the hiatus) for that reason.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Mokou sus. It seems like Lunarian is more like youkai than human since humans won't collapse after being possessed. Anyway, why do they strictly guard Marisa but not Reimu? isn't going by Reisen logic no one should meet Reimu either?

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 9:15PM

joined Jul 12, 2020

Seem like the 2 silhouettes on the last page are Marisa and Mokou deciding to sneak in

last edited at Nov 30, 2021 9:08AM

joined Jul 12, 2020

well, my problem is that the spirit is able to freely abuse Yukari's body and power. Patchouli, Meiling, Alice, and even Yuyuko just instantly collapsed after being possessed, but it is not the case with Yukari. And as far as the story order goes, Yukari is supposed to poison Alice before bringing Marisa to her, which means the spirit should leave her body at the point to possess Alice. But for some reason, it still controls Yukari, running back and forth to the shrine until a while later she appears to tell Reimu about her discovery. I think that Yukari personally help out the spirit herself for some unknown reason, but well, we just lack information for any claims

joined Jul 12, 2020

And it also kinda weird that Marisa, who is supposed to go to the Netherworld and poison Yuyuko, doesn’t realize she go to the netherworld at all. Like if the spirit possessed Yuyuko, Marisa should wake up(like how Patchouli poison Meiling and wake up right after that), and realize that for some reason she end up being at the Netherworld

joined Jul 12, 2020

More than half a year and now it backs. Still, there're a lot of things that haven't been explained. Like how Yukari is the only Youkai that does not collapse after being possessed but is still able to mess around, poison Alice, and bring Marisa to her house. And why the Spirit still possesses Yukari after possessing Alice, isn't they supposed to leave the body to do so? The last arc has a bunch of unexplained stuff and I do hope ZUN solved all of them instead of ignoring them.

Yukari managed to avoid collapsing because she managed to get a hold of herself while being possessed and saved some power. That same power was used to inform Reimu then goes to sleep to restore her power. If im not wrong pretty sure it was mentioned in the previous chapter/s

as for Alice... I have no idea.

Also, totally unrelated from my comment above I'm betting Mokou is talking to Tewi rather than Reisen, well she might be Keine but Im leaning more to Tewi

That’s what Yukari said about she saving a bit of power. But the problems is why she is the only one the spirit can use the body to move around freely and abused her power. No previous case have show this. And on the previous chapter, Yukari appearance go like “Command the shikigami=>disappears for a while and show up at the shrine to take Marisa away=>disappeared again and just show up tell Reimu about the netherworld spirit=>and then appear for the last time just to tell Reimu to investigate stuff”. Well, really cumbersome schedule here. The explanation will make sense if the spirit possessed her, leave and Yukari recover with that small bit of energy. But no, it using her body and power for a really long time, considering Satori guessing her already been taken while giving order for Ran and Chen.

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 12:47PM

joined Jul 12, 2020

More than half a year and now it backs. Still, there're a lot of things that haven't been explained. Like how Yukari is the only Youkai that does not collapse after being possessed but is still able to mess around, poison Alice, and bring Marisa to her house. And why the Spirit still possesses Yukari after possessing Alice, isn't they supposed to leave the body to do so? The last arc has a bunch of unexplained stuff and I do hope ZUN solved all of them instead of ignoring them.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Poprication delivering quality goods as always, mixing in that classic style with tidbits from canon. Marisa does worry about Reimu a lot, now that I think about it- as her childhood friend, one would imagine that she knows perfectly how strong Reimu is, but there's also probably a ton of times she's seen Reimu fly off to fight some unimaginable deity without knowing how it'll turn out. Underneath the impulsive façade, she cares a lot more than she lets on, just as Reimu's more detached than she seems underneath her initial fussiness. The best part of the ship is how deeply emotional these cool incident-solvers get when it comes to each other- Reimu wandering around morosely after Marisa disappears in CDS was pretty cute in a depressing kind of way (her ribbon actually starts to obey the laws of physics and droop), and I can't wait for them to be reunited.

May I ask what CDS is, please?

I actually looked it up after reading that comment too lol, they're referring to Cheating Detective Satori (a fairly recent official manga). Said scene happens in chapter 7.

Ah, thank you. I also read that too. Sadly that the manga is drop due to the artist's bad health.

Kangu135
joined Jul 12, 2020

Great doujin with a somber atmosphere. I really love this team's works! Does this need the MarisaxReimu tag though? Cover indicates it's a ReiMari doujin but it's more subtextual.

Is there also some sort of plot trend with ReiMari artists lately regarding Marisa choosing to become a youkai magician and outliving Reimu? Beni/poprication had a similar concept with an earlier comic this year. Or is there some revelation in canon that hints Marisa is inclined to become a youkai? Last I've heard she still doesn't wanna give up her humanity...

Marisa did say that she interested in immortality and stuff. However, becoming youkai is a sin in Gensokyo, so there a chance that those two will fight to the death if Marisa does so.

joined Jul 12, 2020

Poprication delivering quality goods as always, mixing in that classic style with tidbits from canon. Marisa does worry about Reimu a lot, now that I think about it- as her childhood friend, one would imagine that she knows perfectly how strong Reimu is, but there's also probably a ton of times she's seen Reimu fly off to fight some unimaginable deity without knowing how it'll turn out. Underneath the impulsive façade, she cares a lot more than she lets on, just as Reimu's more detached than she seems underneath her initial fussiness. The best part of the ship is how deeply emotional these cool incident-solvers get when it comes to each other- Reimu wandering around morosely after Marisa disappears in CDS was pretty cute in a depressing kind of way (her ribbon actually starts to obey the laws of physics and droop), and I can't wait for them to be reunited.

May I ask what CDS is, please?

joined Jul 12, 2020

It did irk me that Marisa's element was said to be water because that's wildly inaccurate, her element's heat and light ("love") but whatever, it was a small detail.

According to Patchouli, Marisa's element is water, due to her name (Marisa means drizzle) and some of her attacks having an affinity with water.

Kirisame is the one that means drizzle, not Marisa, but yeah, her affinity with water was stated several times in canon.