Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

joined Feb 10, 2022

Sigh. Another disappointing ending. Maybe one day we'll get a good one.

Hopefully someone decides to drawn a proper wholesome manga with a poly ending. I mean we have the "an easy introduction to love triangle" tho the ending was... eh. That manga would have been better wuth Rin and Mayuki. The author forgot to make Akira to be a better character. We also have Luminous blue tho that manga never developed a romantic relationship between the MCs tho it's a quite decent end. There are other but they are H. But anyway.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 7:26PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

In my opinion, for a poly relationship to truly work, all the parties involved have to love each other. That wasn't the case in this manga so I never saw a poly ending as an option. If the manga went there, it would have felt forced to me.

Thank you. I don't like how so many of the readers were trying to force these characters into a relationship none of them wanted to be in. They are the equivalent to when a person picks one girl instead of a harem, even though none of the girls want to be in a harem. It's kind of insulting to the characters tbh

A V-shaped relationship is still poly. The idea that poly needs to be a completely equal triad isn't how poly works in real life and there's no reason it needs to be that way in media.

And until the ending, there was plenty of potential for the character arcs to end up in a poly direction. No one's forcing characters into a relationship. We're just expressing our hope for a particular ending.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

A V-shaped relationship is still poly. The idea that poly needs to be a completely equal triad isn't how poly works in real life and there's no reason it needs to be that way in media.

And until the ending, there was plenty of potential for the character arcs to end up in a poly direction. No one's forcing characters into a relationship. We're just expressing our hope for a particular ending.

This.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 8:15PM

joined Jul 27, 2020

I'm wondering... did Rinna have a chance from the beginning? since earlier chapters, the series screamed Sayo. Even every moment happened lead Mei to think about Sayo's feeling. Of course, Rinna made Mei flattered here and there, but compared to Sayo, their relationship was so underdeveloped I didn't even think she was a rival to Sayo. Somehow, it feels like Rinna was just there for a plot device of love triangle with no chance to win.

Also, I don't think poly route works since Sayo clearly didn't want to share her love (hence there was no arrow grow from Sayo to Rinna ever. she even got jealous when Mei and Rinna were cleaning the bath together). People started to expect poly ending only when there was a poly chapter. Even that chapter ended with a small and frail arrow from Rinna to Sayo, then never developed after.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Also, I don't think poly route works since Sayo clearly didn't want to share her love (hence there was no arrow grow from Sayo to Rinna ever. she even got jealous when Mei and Rinna were cleaning the bath together). People started to expect poly ending only when there was a poly chapter. Even that chapter ended with a small and frail arrow from Rinna to Sayo, then never developed after.

Many people have this misconception that jealousy is not a thing in polyamorous relationships or that it shouldn't be there to be "real" polyamory and that's just completely off the mark.
Jealousy is a natural emotion and just experiencing it doesn't mean anything, what matters is how one deals with it. To that point, while Sayo did feel jealous, there were also points where she was clearly exhibiting compersion (basically the opposite of jealousy) so that's really nothing that would count against a polyam goal.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I'm wondering... did Rinna have a chance from the beginning? since earlier chapters, the series screamed Sayo. Even every moment happened lead Mei to think about Sayo's feeling. Of course, Rinna made Mei flattered here and there, but compared to Sayo, their relationship was so underdeveloped I didn't even think she was a rival to Sayo. Somehow, it feels like Rinna was just there for a plot device of love triangle with no chance to win.

There was sometimes where Mei said she wanted to be with them, and that she likes both of them. Even in 14.1 she was doubting whether to choose both or no one. Rinna just sacrificed herself for the sake of Mei and Sayo. That's how I felt 14.1. The story was focused on both at first, them on Sayo, so I thought next one was gonna be Rinna but no suddenly she was friendzoned twice. That's why I wonder what happened. She didn't got jealous, she felt left out. I never saw she wanted her for herself. We will never know just the author know whether this was gonna end in poly or mono since the beginning. Like someone said before maybe the manga wasnt popular in japan and that may be the reason the rushed the story. It's not the first time tho "seifuku no vimpireslod" wasnt popular according to the author and the editorial forced him to axed it. Author said it was gonna be 7 volumes, but reduced the story and managed to draw a quite decent end in 3 volume. So... sad but we can just speculate

joined Aug 15, 2018

Awww I feel so sad for Rinna, it really looked like they were going to build up for a poly route

D5164b27-cfaa-445d-9e4d-39ed256e1b0a
joined Mar 4, 2021

I kept remembering the ch that was dedicated to sayo’s feeling for mc, bcs for me that was one of the peak of this manga.
So this is how it feels having your ship coming thru
( ;∀;) <—happy tears

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 8:53PM

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Lmao. There is still more of this?
Wow! Author ship Mei x Sayo so they can turns Rinna into Goddess.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Well, i have to say that it handled the gimli treatment much better than i thought it was gonna do it. Still, i’m very sad it had to end, it had a lot of potential.

I hope more comes in the future from both the author and the artist, they are amazing.

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

we could have had a really great poly ending, but sadly the manga prob got canceled and had to wrap things out even Sayo and Rinna kiss when Mei got a fever I forgot which chapter was it then a day after Rinna started having a love arrow towards Sayo.

They even have chapters dedicated to poly relationships..

I still wish the author just jump towards the poly ending even if the build up was a bit rush, I'll be okay with it.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, I'm sad that this apparently got cancelled and all, but at least we've got Teren Mikami's two other yuri stories that are essentially the same thing as this but a little different with the whole “I don’t want a lover I just want a friend but oh shit she wants to be my lover” setup.. well, the other two are pretty similar, but this one's a lot more distinct. I preferred this one since I liked the unique premise, but those two are based on LNs, right? I guess they probably won't be axed then...

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 1:51AM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Would you just look at all the fanfic this set up in the last scene!

I liked this, but I think it was strongest when it was playing with its core conceit in interesting ways in the middle chapters.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I am glad Sayo didn’t end up being a Sayaka. Good for her!

joined Feb 10, 2022

Well, I'm sad that this apparently got cancelled and all, but at least we've got Teren Mikami's two other yuri stories that are essentially the same thing but a little different... well, the other two are pretty similar, but this one's a lot more distinct. I preferred this one since I liked the unique premise, but those two are based on LNs, right? I guess they probably won't be axed then...

Idk. One of them is another I have to choose one manga that comes from a light novel where the mc is gonna choose 1 out of 4 girls. The other I think it's about a girl that "bought" another girl for 100 days in which the one who bought her is gonna show her that love between girls is possible or something like that but idk if it is from a LN.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Idk. One of them is another I have to choose one manga that comes from a light novel where the mc is gonna choose 1 out of 4 girls. The other I think it's about a girl that "bought" another girl for 100 days in which the one who bought her is gonna show her that love between girls is possible or something like that but idk if it is from a LN.

so one is generic harem anime 100 but yuri and the other one is rent a yuri girlfriend?. Yeah, that doesn´t sound that interesting honestly, i don´t want to be too harsh on teren mikami, but their stories are kinda meh at best, this one had a somewhat interesting premise and gorgeous character desing and artstyle (god i love sayo mei and rinna so much) and somehow manages to be underwhelming

last edited at Feb 15, 2022 10:31PM

joined Feb 15, 2022

So disappointing. As someone that really liked this manga from the start, Its so sad to see an abrupt ending like this. I'm not really bother about how it ending. I just wanted to see more developing.

To register: A W for the childhood friend. Even if the author was forced to. Lmao

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 12:37AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

so one is generic harem anime 100 but yuri and the other one is rent a yuri girlfriend?. Yeah, that doesn´t sound that interesting honestly, i don´t want to be too harsh on teren mikami, but their stories are kinda meh at best, this one had a somewhat interesting premise and gorgeous character desing and artstyle (god i love sayo mei and rinna so much) and somehow manages to be underwhelming

Well the first one it's kinda harem tho I dont think its gonna end like that. I think the light novel is gonna at volume 5. Tho I see who's gonna win. The other is not a rent thing. Basically the MC wanted to sell herlsef for money but the other girl bought(we can say also rent) her for 100 days in exchange of 1 million yen. The reason why she got her for 1 million yen is cause the MC says that love between girls is impossible. Dye to this reason the other girl is gonna spend those 100 days to show her that yuri love is possible you can check it here in dynasty it has like 5 chapters.
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_yuri_story_about_a_girl_who_insists_its_impossible_for_two_girls_to_get_together_completely_falling_within_100_days

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 9:09AM

joined Feb 10, 2022

So disappointing. As someone that really liked this manga from the start, Its so sad to see an abrupt ending like this. I'm not really bother about how it ending. I just wanted to see more developing.

To register: A W for the childhood friend. Even if the author was forced to. Lmao

Yea. Also I've been looking foward this manga since it had 4 chapters. Maybe the manga wasnt that popular and for that reason they decided to axed with this ending. But even if that were the case I think they could have managed to make this ending with a poly relationship but anyway. I dont dislike the ending but I dont like it either. I'm just disappointed it didnt ended as I wanted

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 9:18AM

joined Jan 24, 2022
  1. I'm really happy for Sayo

2. They really did Rinna dirty. Her character development literally went BACKWARDS. At first, she quit being an idol because she didn't want to love everyone. She wanted to love only one person. But then in the last chapter, she went back to loving everyone and can't stay "focused" on one person. At the very end, we didn't even get to see a proper shot of adult Rinna, just a picture and her back

I hope there will be a Volume 3 Extras when the tankoubon comes out

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 6:39PM

joined Mar 27, 2015

Mannn this was the perfect setup for the wholesome poly ending ;_;

joined Sep 4, 2016

Booooooooooo

Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

lmao at first I heard people complained about the manga going poly route, and now I hear they're disappointed with its rather non-poly end.

Well, for me, the manga ended nice and well. Just the right satisfaction I would expect to call it a good manga.

joined Mar 29, 2021

My disappointment is immesurable and my day is ruined.

I'm sad to see this go, but I pray for yet another day to the yuri gods that one true mangaka will do a proper Poly story, not that there aren't any (tho i don't remember any rn) I just wish there was a longer one, with nice and pleasant development to enjoy.

joined Feb 10, 2022

lmao at first I heard people complained about the manga going poly route, and now I hear they're disappointed with its rather non-poly end.

Well, for me, the manga ended nice and well. Just the right satisfaction I would expect to call it a good manga.

The ones who complained maybe they are the ones who are satisfy with this ending. The ones that are complaining now are the ones who wanted the poly ending ya see. It's a quite decent manga but another of those there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.