Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Jun 3, 2021

Love this! Thanks so much for the translation.

Does it deserves the Yuri tag though? To me it looks like "subtext" would be more appropriate, at least as far as chapter 39.

+1

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow so unless this is a fake-out which is likely, the prez really would just kill a teacher who has done nothing wrong even by his own bullshit philosophy just to scheme around Satsuki.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Man,if Prez really killed him for that reason,he's really the biggest piece of shit

Miho is helping Satsuki now i guess
and i hope Sensei will listen to her...

oh yeah i forgot about Akira's dad....

last edited at Jan 28, 2022 2:33AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It's kinda super wholesome to see how genuinely invested Miho is in helping Satsuki now

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Come on now Satsuki why even ask prez for any help

I’ve been waiting for a big reveal on the girl with the long hair who gets bullied alot(forgot her name) to be a bad guy too. But so far -__- maybe my hunch is off.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Nah, he wont be the killer, im no expert in how the mind works but the prez seems to be limited to just kill or wanting bullies and bad ppl to be killed in general, if the sensei did nothing wrong then even if its to threat satsuki i think thats the last thing he would do

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

wow so unless this is a fake-out which is likely, the prez really would just kill a teacher who has done nothing wrong even by his own bullshit philosophy just to scheme around Satsuki.

I'm thinking fake-out as well, it seems out of character with the prez's expressed philosophy. But why not help her if he has a better idea of what's going to kill the teacher and has no reason to want him dead? Perhaps someone else is going to kill the teacher and the prez is hoping to pressure Satsuki into being willing to kill in immediate defense of another when time runs out to stop the murder any other way?

joined Jun 5, 2018

I agree to the above comments, unless there are now others that have not loaded here. Of course that raises the question on who actually did it? It would be rather cheap to just invent a character for this (also called introduced) So it should be within the known cast, even some minor characters would do. Is it the crazy little girl again? Revenge because he was on the scene as the first teacher?

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Considering the foreshadowing from before, I really think Akira's dad is going to have something to do with this.

Considering the foreshadowing from before, I really think Akira's dad is going to have something to do with this.

Possibly yes.

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

This would make a really great animated series

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That previous comic sounds like an amazing time to be had.

Definitely needed here on Dynasty.

I love this series, but it doesn’t feel like Yuri, more like subtext. Also, I get so mad FOR Satsuki, she has saved countless people for them just to call her a liar, I mean, I know it IS hard to explain “Hey I saw your dead body in the woods yesterday let’s stick together today :D” lmao but she is trying!

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

That previous comic sounds like an amazing time to be had.

Shi ni Aruki is an interesting manga in its own right, but I'm fascinated by how similar it is to Liar Satsuki. Many themes and ideas are shared but the execution can be very different. It's also a dark mystery as opposed to this more hopeful comedy-thriller. And while I agree Liar Satsuki is subtext, it's still a lot more openly yuri than Shi ni Aruki. Not that there's nothing to be found, but it's a far smaller part of the story. So I kind of had some reservations about submitting it here.

Either way, it's going to take me a month or so to prepare for, but I'd like to aim for daily chapter releases like with Satsuki.

joined Jun 5, 2018

So, do they just not remember MC saving two lives inside school with eye witnesses? I mean, she even got a price for one. And outside of school, the police must have registered at least two cases of her saving lives, one of prez (the female one) and one of the little boy. At this point, there's no way to write it off as coincidence, yet I feel like these don't get referenced enough? I mean, in these situations, even if your success rate is 4/100, it is still incredible.

On another note: Wouldn't it be funny, if she gets suspended and suddenly people keep dying every day? Imagine.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

Satsuki is too damn pure. The concept of good and bad aren't so distinctly put, it is just a whole lot of gray. But Satsuki has an inkling of this contradiction and yet stands by her values.

Also the character design of the girls and their reactions is too damn cute

joined Mar 25, 2019

What an underrated manga. I’ve avoided it because I thought it’d be another edgy yuri but it’s got a surprising amount of heart. The cast are (mostly) surprisingly multidimensional even if some of the development is a rushed. My main problem is sometimes the humor is misplaced so the tone can feel off given the subject matter.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Komachi absolutely absorbed by Satsuki's Booba

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Komachi is living her life in those bongos

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 11:12AM

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Yessssh. I like it.
Just y Komachi so overly smoll lmao.

Satsuki literary can eat Komachi's ass, swallow whole that way.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 11:53AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Am I misunderstanding the translator? We are well into vol 5, but they said something about vol. 4 releasing?

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Am I misunderstanding the translator? We are well into vol 5, but they said something about vol. 4 releasing?

Chapters 29 onward have been ripped from the MangaONE app. I touched them up as best I could, but they're significantly lower quality than what's in the volume releases. Volume 4 is out on the 18th and should contain chapters 29-38.

I don't feel right leaving those chapters in their current state, so I intend to go back when I have time and re-upload them. The translation shouldn't change, maybe some adjustments to grammar or word choice, but the art will look as clean as chapters 1-28. Probably won't happen too soon, but I'm honestly excited to do it. I did something similar for 9-28 when I translated chapters 1-8. I just love this manga.

smoothsmoothie
Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

yeah i don't trust komachi...

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I continue to love this series

To reply you must either login or sign up.