Well that was...something.

That. Wow...

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

What a, headless story, lol

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

If Saya lets Mana travel with her and drink her blood it surely gonna be cute as this

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Maybe this should be tagged subtext, unless hugging your best friend is considered gay now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe this should be tagged subtext, unless hugging your best friend is considered gay now.

When your best friend has a giant mouth where half her torso used to be, hugs are pretty gay.

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miori_and_the_mountain_deity#7

Yes, this dialogue seems conclusive.

joined Jul 22, 2014

o7 for the brave bugger for buying time for the girls to run.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

This really reminds me of muecielago, with how the art juxtaposes cute girls with hyperdetailed gore

Also the girls just look exactly like some of the girls in murcielago, is it not the same artist?

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

This makes me think of Mieruko-Chan which just had a potential lead in for yuri in Chapter 39. Hope to see it added here one day as well!

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

It's part of a yuri anthology by Ultra Jump.

Hence, it's yuri.

Lcwgnwr
joined Jan 4, 2022

wtf

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Well, this was strangely nice.

Sol Falling said:
If you liked this, check out another longer subtext work by the same author with similar themes:
https://mangadex.org/title/f48398c1-264f-4b42-82b8-9bb979cf8a7b/kimi-ga-niku-ni-nattemo

So, I went to read it, and after reading nothing but fluffy and cute stuff (and the occasional Murcielago, although it's been several months since last time) for the last few years now, it gave me quite a strange feeling, can't really explain what it was (can't even tell if it was negative or not), but I didn't hate it, I wonder if it was melancholy or something similar... anyways, the manga itself was pretty interesting, although I would have liked an explanation to what was happening, even if purely theoretical.

Lilisionnach said:
This makes me think of Mieruko-Chan which just had a potential lead in for yuri in Chapter 39. Hope to see it added here one day as well!

Mieruko-chan is great, after watching the anime I went and read the entire manga, but can I ask what that potential lead may be? Was it Hana's remark? the very fact that the new monster is seen as a beautiful girl by everyone else? or something else?
Although since chapter 39 marks the beginning of a new arc, I'll put it on hold for 20 or so more chapters before going back to it again.

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

That was wild.

It was cool, tho.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Lilisionnach said:

Mieruko-chan is great, after watching the anime I went and read the entire manga, but can I ask what that potential lead may be? Was it Hana's remark? the very fact that the new monster is seen as a beautiful girl by everyone else? or something else?
Although since chapter 39 marks the beginning of a new arc, I'll put it on hold for 20 or so more chapters before going back to it again.

Yeah, I’d say Hana’s remark when Miko pulls her away “Miko! I know how much you love me, but you can’t be getting all jealous the moment I start talking to a pretty girl.”, has the potential to go somewhere. Either way still a great series.

joined May 29, 2019

yaay, no more school. happy end

Covermonster_2
joined Apr 23, 2020

Gotta say, I'm always fascinated by horror stories. And, of course, I love gay stuff. So it's pretty nice to see both of those interests intersect ! It happens too rarely.
Thanks for the translation !

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Lilisionnach said:
Yeah, I’d say Hana’s remark when Miko pulls her away “Miko! I know how much you love me, but you can’t be getting all jealous the moment I start talking to a pretty girl.”, has the potential to go somewhere. Either way still a great series.

Hm... Hana made similar remarks at least twice before I think, so as much as I want you to be right, I'm far too skeptical to have any hopes... If only there was more yuri fanarts of them instead of... those... then maybe the mangaka would see how much people wanted it and actually do it... Oh well, don't mind my pessimism.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Love these dark yuri stories

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Hence, it's yuri.

That is not a justification https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/arias_egg#1
The content matters more the the anthology it's a part of, and the site doesn't tag things based on their titles.

I'm just feeling a bit misled. The gayest thing that happens in this is a prolonged hug. When I click on something with the yuri tag, I'm expecting a little more than just "best friends forever". Not that this wasn't a good read, but it isn't yuri.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 8:46PM

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

Um....ok?

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hence, it's yuri.

Eh, Yuri Hime puts out a ton of subtext, so the story will need to speak for itself. I won't touch it, though.

More importantly, what's this new magazine? Is it aiming to be a competitor to Yuri Hime owned by Shueisha?! Because that would be monumental. A game-changer. Something that could expand the genre beyond anything it's seen before. Or is the Ultra Jump magazine just releasing occasional yuri anthologies like a fanservicey Eclair?

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 12:09AM

Yurifan Extraordinaire
joined Sep 26, 2021

This has massive serialization potential. Imagine the two of them going around investigating youkai-related murders

To reply you must either login or sign up.