Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

The fact that Nagisa's father specifically warns him that he'll have to move out if anything happens with "that woman"*- the phrasing is vague enough that Nagisa doesn't get it but the implication is clearly that he's talking about Nagisa falling in love with Ai- seems to imply that the story will eventually take a romantic turn, that Nagisa's father will find out about Nagisa and Ai being a couple, and that Nagisa and Ai will have to deal with the consequences. While I'm not a fan of that potential plot development, I have to admit that a part of me is interested in seeing how things play out if Nagisa's dad finds out that his son and sister-in-law are romantically involved.

*Incidentally, I wonder if his use of the rather rude term "that woman" seems to imply that he doesn't like Ai very much, maybe because Nagisa's staying with her rather than his father and stepmother.

Indeed, it does seem like Nagisa's father doesn't like Ai too much, even though he's the one who initially left his son to her...

As a precision, Nagisa's father didn't use one of the harshest way to talk about Ai, i.e. he didn't say "yatsu" or something like that, he said "ano josei", but still, he didn't even address her as, i dunno, "his wife's sister" or "Ai" or anything...

As for the fact that we're getting this warning from him as a story element, I'm wondering if we must take it as a Chekov's gun, or if this plot element will be dropped, which isn't impossible with manga, deadlines and axes.

Excited for the next chapters!

joined Mar 15, 2015

The fact that Nagisa's father specifically warns him that he'll have to move out if anything happens with "that woman"*- the phrasing is vague enough that Nagisa doesn't get it but the implication is clearly that he's talking about Nagisa falling in love with Ai- seems to imply that the story will eventually take a romantic turn, that Nagisa's father will find out about Nagisa and Ai being a couple, and that Nagisa and Ai will have to deal with the consequences. While I'm not a fan of that potential plot development, I have to admit that a part of me is interested in seeing how things play out if Nagisa's dad finds out that his son and sister-in-law are romantically involved.

*Incidentally, I wonder if his use of the rather rude term "that woman" seems to imply that he doesn't like Ai very much, maybe because Nagisa's staying with her rather than his father and stepmother.

Indeed, it does seem like Nagisa's father doesn't like Ai too much, even though he's the one who initially left his son to her...

As a precision, Nagisa's father didn't use one of the harshest way to talk about Ai, i.e. he didn't say "yatsu" or something like that, he said "ano josei", but still, he didn't even address her as, i dunno, "his wife's sister" or "Ai" or anything...

As for the fact that we're getting this warning from him as a story element, I'm wondering if we must take it as a Chekov's gun, or if this plot element will be dropped, which isn't impossible with manga, deadlines and axes.

Excited for the next chapters!

Generally, in fiction, any time someone gets pre-emptively warned not to do something and they don't completely understand the warning, they tend to do the thing they're not supposed to do.

Nagisa's father uses "-san" on his own wife when talking about her with Nagisa, so it seems rather noticeable that he doesn't use a similar level of courtesy on his sister-in-law, even if he isn't quite as rude as I first thought.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This is pretty cute.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Warm happy feelings. ^_^

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Teru14 posted:

there are so many other sites to post hetero mangas or shts why post on a known yuri site? for fucks sake

Please refer to this previous post. You've been banned. Thanks, take care.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

if i was the kid, id disregard the dad completely, and probably would have called the mom out on just suddenly deciding to drag him to America, After what seems to be neglectful treatment of him

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wait, he dares to call that "more mature"? He's never looked as childish as in that first outfit...

The 4th is nice, though.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Could you give me your arm?"

He's smooth AF, and he doesn't even realize it. LMAO

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

@princess_daphie If you need help, I am available for cleaning/re-drawing. I’m not particularly fast, but very thorough and clean. I can send samples if you wish.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Could you give me your arm?"

He's smooth AF, and he doesn't even realize it. LMAO

I came here to say that oblivious lady-killers are the most devastating kind.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

@princess_daphie If you need help, I am available for cleaning/re-drawing. I’m not particularly fast, but very thorough and clean. I can send samples if you wish.

I'm super flattered by your offer, and if I wasn't such a lone wolf who likes to do everything, I'd accept your help in a heartbeat!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Those outfits are horrific! Don't listen to him, Nagisa!

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

I don't mind if daphie complains. Its fun to hear about the hard work she goes through for us.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"A girl!" :D

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

not sure if antyone's mentioned this but I just can't get over how fucking pretty Ai is. I'm not even kidding, she looks good in every panel she's in. she might be my favorite looking manga character ever .,,' i don't understand how it's possible for a character to look THIS GOOD

joined Mar 18, 2016

I love this. One of the few series I see and get excited to read immediately. The story, the art, the character themselves all are wonderful! Thank you @princess daphie for all your hard work! It is being well appreciated!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

He really does look great as a maid.

And they get to join a couples' event as well. ^_^

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

i cant express me gratitude to you enough for working on such an amazing manga. cant fucking wait to see what happens next chapter (even if they get interrupted or something in some loveydovey moment)

this is me every fuckin day

last edited at Jan 3, 2022 5:40PM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

i cant express me gratitude to you enough for working on such an amazing manga. cant fucking wait to see what happens next chapter (even if they get interrupted or something in some loveydovey moment)

this is me every fuckin day

Happy you're enjoying it! I sure hope they get closer and closer!!!

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ngl the latest chapter going "oh yeah this is totally a Manga and we're aware of that" was off putting so probably will stop reading this for awhile until it's close to ending.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Ngl the latest chapter going "oh yeah this is totally a Manga and we're aware of that" was off putting so probably will stop reading this for awhile until it's close to ending.

I don't know if that's how you and others are understanding it, but personally, I really only ever understood it as Kiyoka being a manga editor and she's kind of a nerd/otaku girl who can't help but see a shoujo-like situation with what's happening to Ai lately. I'm actually surprised to see ppl are seeing this as breaking the 4th wall, lol

Hope you come back to it soon! :)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't know if that's how you and others are understanding it, but personally, I really only ever understood it as Kiyoka being a manga editor and she's kind of a nerd/otaku girl who can't help but see a shoujo-like situation with what's happening to Ai lately. I'm actually surprised to see ppl are seeing this as breaking the 4th wall, lol

Yeah, the manga editor with genre goggles is a pretty common trope. And to me this is trope-y enough without being over-the-top about it that Kiyoka's remarks don't really feel very meta, just like her character's schtick.

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Ship ship ship ship ship …

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

ah... the pieces fall into place...

joined May 24, 2014

Enigmátic, indeed!

To reply you must either login or sign up.