Forum › Shimeji Simulation discussion

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

This chapter felt extra gay and I loved it so much. I hope these two have a happy life together~

(Majime's mom approved really quickly, huh?)

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I just realized that with the world's rules now malleable, Shijima and Majime's talk about what their child would look like, is now completely possible.

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 3:41AM

joined May 24, 2014

In a world where they can get anything they want, can they get what they need?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I laughed really hard when they proposed the treehouse on top of the tree on top of the skyscraper, it's such a dumb image. It was nice to see Yuuri and Chito again as well.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so shimeji's sister has up and left huh, wonder what she's up to now that she's given everyone creative mode

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I laughed really hard when they proposed the treehouse on top of the tree on top of the skyscraper, it's such a dumb image.

Sounds fine to me.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

After just 31 chapters they're living together now, the yuri is progressing nicely.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

In a world where they can get anything they want, can they get what they need?

Fuck, don't do this to me now; it's too early for the dread to settle in. Hell, big sis's lines in the previous chapter kinda suggests whatever conflict arises next will probably follow a similar direction to this question. Maybe, who knows... Ah, this fucked me up.

Speaking of big sis, I wonder where she is. Maybe she is having a bit of cohabitation of her own, with the Gardener in her case, with some passive-aggression thrown in there. "You messed up the world! Fuck you!" "Fuck me yourself, you coward"

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

cloudcore lesbians is def the next content i wanna see

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

Shimeji, in the past: "Onee-chan, can two girls have a baby?"
-No, not yet...

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

I laughed really hard when they proposed the treehouse on top of the tree on top of the skyscraper, it's such a dumb image.

Sounds fine to me.

Cute series that one.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

wait this is just minecraft

joined Dec 17, 2021

Took me a while but I'm all caught up.

I hope the domestic bliss last a couple more chapters before we go back to the existensial dread and the world probably getting destroyed.

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

So, are we in "Permutation City" now?
I got to say, this manga concept is really something.
Truly like a dream.

joined Jan 16, 2022

I may be rambling here, this manga is starting to fascinate me. Before, we had some hints that the world was a simulation. Some obvious, like the constant changing of the landscape and laws; Others however, were more subtle: the bible, the ultimate book of creation and order; No longer human, the existentialist crisis of modernity, and thus spoke Zarathustra the book for everyone and no one: a comedy, embrace and criticism to existence itself.
Shijima, in chapter 10 pg. 8 she says " I don't really mind not waking up either, though... Majime-chan is always bothering me, sis is always forcing me to help her, and school is always so tiresome...compared to all that, this dreams...almost like the closet...it's calming" She'll rather drift through her cherished delusion, that being her alienation, rather than facing the truth of the matter: she's lonely, depressed and desperate for friends (after all, if she really wants to be alone, then is she concerned to go back to the closet on ch. 07 pg. 2?).
In chapter 17, they go watch a movie. Which movie is it? The Truman Show, the tale of a man realizing he lives in a predetermined life watched by millions where all his friends are no more than actors, except for the lady, brave enough to tell him the truth: the only one that has truly shown any resemblance of real feelings towards him. Shijima's sister, a person tired of a society which alienates her and forces her turn down any resemblance of freedom: an actor in a hollow show. She is determined to meld this world into the will of the oppressed, like her, liker sister, so they can never feel ostracized again. Ms. Mogawa is a good example of this: a girl that melds into her role to the point that it eats up her soul. After all, in chapter 20 pg. 16: "I stopped making these because I thought a teacher shouldn't be..."; but what stays repressed cannot be put down forever "...But that was why I ended up trying to open a large hole, wasn't it?". Shimija's has had to face the same destiny as Mogawa; However, the realization and chatarsis that made her able to understand her emptiness came after an act of extremes, that being attempting suicide. If Mogawa dug a hole literally, Shimija's sister will dig a hole to reality, and this will have consequences.
the authority of order (gardener and the bible), the cowards lost on the meaningless of everyday modern life or shut ins that rationalize their alienation (shijima) and the fight against reality itself and choose nonsense above sense and disorder against order (shijima's sister and zarathustra); But at what cost? is it really worth it to dig the world a hole so we can fill it with the wishes of the lost or oppressed, if all we really needed was a friend or a loved one to fill ourselves up with life again? We often think in grand schemes, but perhaps the only thing that we needed was a friend all along, like Majime-chan. Maybe life, at the end, in its slices of boredom, in its everydayness, it's not so bad if we have someone to talk nonsense with.
(btw fun fact: in chapter 23 pg 6, the book girl is reading La Chambre Claire, a book about the philosophy and nature of photography and the effects it has on the spectator)

last edited at Jan 19, 2022 11:24PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

see math is useful, if you have the power to shape reality then you can use it to make clean wavelines

last edited at Feb 3, 2022 2:20PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

When the apocalypse comes, I'll be ready. I took trig and calc, after all. (Unless it's a zombie apocalypse. Knew I shouldn't have fallen asleep in Mr. Gosset's flamethrower class.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Trigonometry proven useful.

And now I want to fly on a crocodile...

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

They touch hands before sleeping? How lewd

joined Oct 5, 2017

Trigonometry proven useful.

And now I want to fly on a crocodile...

me too.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

La sagrada familia? Did Tmiz predict gen 9?

joined Aug 21, 2017

I may be rambling here, this manga is starting to fascinate me. Before, we had some hints that the world was a simulation. Some obvious, like the constant changing of the landscape and laws; Others however, were more subtle: the bible, the ultimate book of creation and order; No longer human, the existentialist crisis of modernity, and thus spoke Zarathustra the book for everyone and no one: a comedy, embrace and criticism to existence itself.
Shijima, in chapter 10 pg. 8 she says " I don't really mind not waking up either, though... Majime-chan is always bothering me, sis is always forcing me to help her, and school is always so tiresome...compared to all that, this dreams...almost like the closet...it's calming" She'll rather drift through her cherished delusion, that being her alienation, rather than facing the truth of the matter: she's lonely, depressed and desperate for friends (after all, if she really wants to be alone, then is she concerned to go back to the closet on ch. 07 pg. 2?).
In chapter 17, they go watch a movie. Which movie is it? The Truman Show, the tale of a man realizing he lives in a predetermined life watched by millions where all his friends are no more than actors, except for the lady, brave enough to tell him the truth: the only one that has truly shown any resemblance of real feelings towards him. Shijima's sister, a person tired of a society which alienates her and forces her turn down any resemblance of freedom: an actor in a hollow show. She is determined to meld this world into the will of the oppressed, like her, liker sister, so they can never feel ostracized again. Ms. Mogawa is a good example of this: a girl that melds into her role to the point that it eats up her soul. After all, in chapter 20 pg. 16: "I stopped making these because I thought a teacher shouldn't be..."; but what stays repressed cannot be put down forever "...But that was why I ended up trying to open a large hole, wasn't it?". Shimija's has had to face the same destiny as Mogawa; However, the realization and chatarsis that made her able to understand her emptiness came after an act of extremes, that being attempting suicide. If Mogawa dug a hole literally, Shimija's sister will dig a hole to reality, and this will have consequences.
the authority of order (gardener and the bible), the cowards lost on the meaningless of everyday modern life or shut ins that rationalize their alienation (shijima) and the fight against reality itself and choose nonsense above sense and disorder against order (shijima's sister and zarathustra); But at what cost? is it really worth it to dig the world a hole so we can fill it with the wishes of the lost or oppressed, if all we really needed was a friend or a loved one to fill ourselves up with life again? We often think in grand schemes, but perhaps the only thing that we needed was a friend all along, like Majime-chan. Maybe life, at the end, in its slices of boredom, in its everydayness, it's not so bad if we have someone to talk nonsense with.
(btw fun fact: in chapter 23 pg 6, the book girl is reading La Chambre Claire, a book about the philosophy and nature of photography and the effects it has on the spectator)

Very interesting analysis. I don't have much to add, except that this manga reminds me of the "post-existence" artwork of Aleksandra Waliszewska, and correspondingly, an undercurrent of ennui and general dissatisfaction with life seems to run through the entire manga, as you implied with the "fight against reality itself".

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

"End of monetary economics" So they ended up in the communist utopia?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Basically a post-scarcity scenario. Can't help but feel it'll all come crashing down since we aren't allowed to have nice things, but who knows, maybe for once ... ? Naw.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Basically a post-scarcity scenario. Can't help but feel it'll all come crashing down since we aren't allowed to have nice things, but who knows, maybe for once ... ? Naw.

In a world where anything’s possible, who knows? Maybe we can have nice things.

To reply you must either login or sign up.