Forum › Touhou Chireikiden - Cheating Detective Satori discussion

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

My bet on Tewi fails huh,
anyways, seeing Kangu's reply to my comment. it made me think of something. Though I won't say it here due to lack of confirmation. Anyways, I will agree on Marisa at this part. Reimu... feels off. I know Reimu acts different on different canon manga. This Reimu on this chapter just feel really weird and something a fanon Reimu would do so I would like to think Reimu is possessed.

But so far I think the story is going to a good direction. I would be waiting for the next chapter next month (and treat it as Christmas gift lol)

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Pretty funny how Kaguya is just so gung ho about dying
Puts her interactions with Mokou in perspective now

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

anyways, seeing Kangu's reply to my comment. it made me think of something. Though I won't say it here due to lack of confirmation. Anyways, I will agree on Marisa at this part. Reimu... feels off. I know Reimu acts different on different canon manga. This Reimu on this chapter just feel really weird and something a fanon Reimu would do so I would like to think Reimu is possessed.

But so far I think the story is going to a good direction. I would be waiting for the next chapter next month (and treat it as a Christmas gift lol)

And we still don't have an ID on the spirit. (Although, some of us have an idea who it may be)

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

The last time we've ever seen Reimu was scared was in SOEW against five magic stones (I am taking the wiki's word and haven't seen the dialogue yet). Sure it's PC-98 but the character everyone is thinking of comes from PC-98.

But still, that was a single occurrence and I refuse to believe that the shrine maiden knows fear so if it is just Reimu and she isn't being possessed, then holy what the hell has this spirit done to her before.

Edit: I also love how Marisa pats Reisen's shoulder so casually thinking she would be let in. Only to be almost shot at.

last edited at Nov 30, 2021 8:34PM

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

Intrigating. The manga had quite some tonal shift in this chapter, but I liked it. Despite it being supposedly about Satori's investigations, the stakes are higher now that the focus is on a character actually involved in the incident, instead of just an observer.

The interactions between the characters were really interesting, and I can't wait to know who those two mysterious figures are! Also, that scene with Kaguya getting up abruptly with the letter is meme worthy. I'm gonna put it on my wall.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Ever since the art changed, Satori lost her original's messy hair, as well as her screen time.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Reisen was done with her treatment in the Inaba manga and became a full S!!

I'm really enjoying this manga, especially Satori. Thanks for the translations and updates.

joined Apr 16, 2017

Punishment room? This raises so many questions like is the punishment room where they keep chang'e? Do moon rabbits just troll her for kicks? All in all a very solid chapter

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

Holy shit. I didn't expect Reisen to be an S lmao

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

But so far I think the story is going to a good direction. I would be waiting for the next chapter next month (and treat it as a Christmas gift lol)

And we still don't have an ID on the spirit. (Although, some of us have an idea who it may be)

man I wish it's Mima. Who knows

joined Nov 15, 2021

Punishment room? This raises so many questions like is the punishment room where they keep chang'e? Do moon rabbits just troll her for kicks?

Holy shit. I didn't expect Reisen to be an S lmao

Something tells me we do not need to know, nor do we want to know. All I know is that the doujin fan-artists are gonna have one hell of a field-day with it. It's also kinda hilarious in hindsight not only because of her treatment in the Inaba comics, but also (well in my personal opinion anyway) her Fantasy Rebirth outfit in LostWord kinda reminded me of Esdeath minus the eye candy. Don't judge me.

Besides, it probably ain't that, Chang'e got turned into a toad. Apart from giving them what I call the "Queenslander Special" there's not much else they could do to her.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Ever since the art changed, Satori lost her original's messy hair, as well as her screen time.

Die they replaced the artist? The style change seems very rough, it'd be kind of sad if true.

Edit: just noticed that the artist really changed. Wonder why they did it, was the feedback so bad for the old one?

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 5:23AM

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Die they replaced the artist? The style change seems very rough, it'd be kind of sad if true.

Edit: just noticed that the artist really changed. Wonder why they did it, was the feedback so bad for the old one?

Apparently the other artist had some health problems, seems the reason behind the hiatus as well.

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 12:38PM

joined Jul 12, 2020

Mokou sus. It seems like Lunarian is more like youkai than human since humans won't collapse after being possessed. Anyway, why do they strictly guard Marisa but not Reimu? isn't going by Reisen logic no one should meet Reimu either?

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 9:15PM

joined Jul 12, 2020

The old artist has some health problems and cannot keep up with the work. The manga is sometimes delayed for months(before the hiatus) for that reason.

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Geh... It's plausible that Mokou is now the carrier but if Satori is suggesting that the spirit is gone, then the next course of action for them is... Touhou 9. The thought of Yuuka getting possessed by this thing is scary (but if the spirit is Mima like how everyone is hoping then that would be interesting.)

The next possibilities are Medicine, Komachi, and Eiki. The latter two feel like suicide but would get huge benefits while Medicine would be all alone in the Nameless Hill so chances of her appearing are slim.

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Well, she's back... And dead.

What does it now mean that Mokou is able to get into Eientei anytime she pleases for the fandom?

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

Mokou knowing the Eientei isn't suprising to me knowing she always send off patients there

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

Well, she's back... And dead.

What does it now mean that Mokou is able to get into Eientei anytime she pleases for the fandom?

Who knows, probably bunch of TeruMoko shippers going wild

joined Jul 12, 2020

One simple solution for this thing is Yukari right? She was possessed last time(or at least she claimed to be), she never meet satori afterward so no way to confirm she is safe or sus, she disappeared right after pointed out the next crime scene for Reimu, and Yukari herself appear in both IN and PCB, and her abilities can help to solve Kaguya infinite maze quite ease.

joined Aug 21, 2021

D*mmit MIMA !!!!!

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

WOAOH HEY

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

THAT AINT MIMA

13124839_1589396498054389_6595928075628769960_n
joined Nov 14, 2016

Well, well, well. What do we have here? A new character?

Asacocodayo
joined Mar 1, 2021

DAMN, A REVERSE MIMA WHO HATES YOUKAI INSTEAD.
also, knowing about that Mokou tours Kaguya around the village is a news to me

To reply you must either login or sign up.