Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

drop the guillotine

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

I’m theorizing that when Rei states Claire saved her without knowing it, perhaps she’s referring to playing the game in her past life, and her bond for Claire as a fictional character prevented her from committing suicide? probably a stretch but I’m eager to find out the truth!

joined Jan 11, 2014

I’m theorizing that when Rei states Claire saved her without knowing it, perhaps she’s referring to playing the game in her past life, and her bond for Claire as a fictional character prevented her from committing suicide? probably a stretch but I’m eager to find out the truth!

That's what I thought too. Playing the game and being obsessed over Claire helped MC through a hard time or something.

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

Well, my daddy was a miner and I'm a miner's son.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

She may believe that her love for the Claire-acter is what brought her to the isekai instead of passing on.

The politics of this world are the politics of the game. and they are really typical of otome games set in a monarchical/royalist era.

In other words, it's a great story AND it sticks to its premise, which is one of the few things I demand from an isekai story.

last edited at Oct 26, 2021 7:48AM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

damn i love seeing what i read from the novel in artform!! love this!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The Proletariat shall rise!

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Also, a bit late to the party but in regards to types of revolutions As much as I enjoy this series I'll definitely say that the politics behind most of these things are pretty sketchy, Inori sensei seems to have a pretty (standard) myopic vision of politics that basically starts and ends with the modern japanese state. I'm still waiting for some solid anti-capitalist yuri, I know it's out there somewhere.

Inori-sensei is just one of many romance writers who try to spice their romance with political machinations without understanding how different kinds of power arrangements and long-standing structures work. Then again, I cannot imagine that the Japanese publishing industry is too keen on biting the hand the feeds it by publishing actual anti-capitalist content. Limitations of the medium, I guess.

EDIT: About a year ago, there was a guy named Kirin around here who also loved this topic... I bet he could've written a novel on this thing alone. :D Sadly, he hasn't posted anything since January, and I wonder what happened to him...

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

I do not think it is stupid to latch on a person, even a fictional one, as a beacon of hope when you are on the edge of just giving up on life. Whatever helps you get away from that edge and starting to feel alive again is fine by me. I personally have never experienced such attachment to a character, but I imagine that if I did and then got to meet them in person, I'd feel pretty much the same way as Rei.

Hey, maybe the sketchy politics can be justified since it's an Otome game, not a "historically authentic" fantasy game.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Rei truly is the perfect foil for Claire: she's infinitely positive, she has no filter when it comes to expressing herself, she can be both goofy and silly when she wants or deadly serious when she needs to. As for Claire, she tries so hard exude this aura that she's this Alpha Bitch who's on top of everything. But then, we're shown that she's fully aware of her flaws, which hints that the reason she acts so rude to Rei is because she's afraid of letting her in.

On a different note, I really like the three princes... Bro-Prince Rod is surprisingly more deep than you'd think a char like him would be is this sort of genre. Gloomy-Prince Thane is also interesting, and I can sort of see the appeal of him. I imagine that there's a contingent of Revolution players who want to see him happy (and hooked up with their Player Char). Bishi-Prince Yuu is more of a mystery, I get the feeling there's edgy mischievous side to him....

last edited at Oct 28, 2021 6:10PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hey, maybe the sketchy politics can be justified since it's an Otome game, not a "historically authentic" fantasy game.

Maybe, but only if the devs had tweeted a solemn JPEG apologizing and explaining how their game is not political at all. :-)

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 2:39AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Just in case there are some who are unaware, if you've already read the LN then you should definitely read the spinoff, "She's so Cheeky for a Commoner". It's a retelling of the story from Claire's pov and it covers a lot of missing plot points and conversations that we didn't get to see during the main story. It's excellent and definitely worth checking out if you're a fan.

Oh fuck??? I didn't know this existed!

Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait why does that skeleton have a full fin?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_favor_the_villainess_ch15_1#21

joined Jun 6, 2021

Wait why does that skeleton have a full fin?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_favor_the_villainess_ch15_1#21

It's a stretch, but one can interpret that apparent fin as a set of vertebral osteoderms, which then would presumably act as a fin or perhaps provide structure for a fin.

joined Jun 6, 2021

The narration partially acknowledges that the world has culturally unrealistic elements exactly because it corresponds to a game by don't-know-and-don't-care creators; but, unfortunately, it also has a layer of misinformation which is a matter of the author's own thoughtless ignorance. Then, on top of that, this forum has comments by people bringing their own misinformation or disinformation to bear.

Thus we get passing comments on the fictions of the game, criticisms of the author's own confusions, and dust-ups over comments, between people who know the relevant history and economics and those who think that they do but don't.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

the artist also works on another isekai manga. its het though. has an mc that isekais to the same world while asleep and a elf girl. I thought their art looked familar.

joined Jun 6, 2021

the artist also works on another isekai manga. its het though. has an mc that isekais to the same world while asleep and a elf girl. I thought their art looked familar.

Welcome to Japan, Ms Elf

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Welcome to Japan, Ms Elf

I can't believe I never noticed despite reading both...

Animation%202%20(1)
joined Dec 4, 2020

Has anyone wondered why Rei loves Claire so much? I guess she'd find Claire as maybe a escapism from her work, but they don't have any real common interests, at least ones I can think of.
Claire likes to be involved in politics and the welfare of many (which Rei tries to stay out), whereas Rei was more focused on how lesbians and other sexuality were ostracized.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I understand where you're coming from, but if you fuckers hurt my baby gay Claire I will murder you

joined Dec 8, 2021

Anyone know when Chapter 16 will come out?

A8579f88-3796-4c80-9233-af508afff917
joined Jul 27, 2019

Anyone know when Chapter 16 will come out?

No, but it's out now.

RyuMako-Himakurako
joined Dec 13, 2014

HAHAHAHAHA The Church, standing with the people for equality HAHAHAHAHA Best joke I heard all year

joined Dec 31, 2021

When this happened in the novel? In which part?

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 10:21PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

HAHAHAHAHA The Church, standing with the people for equality HAHAHAHAHA Best joke I heard all year

Depends when you look. World religions have often had egalitarian impulses and effects. And often not. Not so much for the 1789 Catholic Church in France, but though this world is borrowing from that, it's not actually 1789 France. It's plausible that the Spirit Church could be less integrated with the aristocracy and more inclined to find allies among the people, or in a more idealistic phase.

Separately, "10,000 G" being not worth bothering over suggests a lot of inflation recently.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 10:31PM

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

woah, high tension class conflict

Separately, "10,000 G" being not worth bothering over suggests a lot of inflation recently.

Considering the setting it might literally be video game logic.

last edited at Dec 31, 2021 10:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.