Forum › Nightingale and the Rose discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Many thanks to Zephyr Scans and Peintresse for bringing this to us and allowing us to rehost their work!

joined Dec 5, 2019

So, both het and Yuri tag but not bisexual so I assume the people involved in the het are not the same that are involved in the Yuri?

Spoil the answer if anyone has it

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 5:25PM

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

So, both het and Yuri tag but not bisexual so I assume the people involved in the het are not the same that are involved in the Yuri?

Definitely please spoil at least this. The artstyle is quite nice so I want to know what I’m heading into

joined Jul 14, 2021

To my understanding, [spoil]the OG timeline has het, and there’s background het and BL pairings in the current timeline. Pretty sure it’s gonna be full Yuri though lmao, the association producing this is literally called ‘Yuri Club’[/spoil]

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:51PM

joined Jul 14, 2021

Many thanks to Zephyr Scans and Peintresse for bringing this to us and allowing us to rehost their work!

You should credit Lunaa instead, she’s the group leader and organized this whole series scanlation >:D <3

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

tfw you forgot to read the terms and conditions during game installation

joined Dec 5, 2019

To my understanding, the OG timeline has het, and there’s background het and BL pairings in the current timeline. Pretty sure it’s gonna be full Yuri though lmao, the association producing this is literally called ‘Yuri Club’

Sorry, but what do you mean by OG timeline? Is this a spinoff? Or the Mc is in a het relationship in the original material and this work is a Yuri remake?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Peintresse posted:

You should credit Lunaa instead, she’s the group leader and organized this whole series scanlation >:D <3

Yes! Thank you Lunaa! Was very excited as soon as I saw that name in the queue!

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:00PM

joined Dec 5, 2019

Definitely please spoil at least this. The artstyle is quite nice so I want to know what I’m heading into

Yes, but when I said "spoil" I was referring to use the command "[spoil] and [/spoil]"

joined Jul 14, 2021

To my understanding, the OG timeline has het, and there’s background het and BL pairings in the current timeline. Pretty sure it’s gonna be full Yuri though lmao, the association producing this is literally called ‘Yuri Club’

Sorry, but what do you mean by OG timeline? Is this a spinoff? Or the Mc is in a het relationship in the original material and this work is a Yuri remake?

Nono, I mean like, do you know how villainess works? TL;DR: There's an OG timeline (otome game) which is almost always tragic, and the MC (from real world) isekai's into the victim's body and tries to steer things into a happy ending.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:52PM

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Nono, I mean like, do you know how villainess works? TL;DR: There's an OG timeline (otome game) which is almost always tragic, and the MC (from real world) isekai's into the victim's body and tries to steer things into a happy ending.

Thanks peintresse for the brief rundown! We're caught up to the raws rn so there's not much to spoil that isn't already released, but it's basically like this: [spoil]There's this game that all end with a bad ending where game MC is married to a prince, but it's heavily implied in the first chapter that the two FLs were in love already. Now this time irl MC isekai's into the game and tries to turn it into a Happy Ending with background BL and het ships, but rest assured that yuri is endgame.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Oh this is spicy series, I love the slightly more serious tone. There aren’t enough villainess stories that actually have serious doom flag stakes.

The art is beautiful too.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Also related but it looks like the plot summary is prematurely cut off?

joined Dec 5, 2019

Thanks peintresse for the brief rundown! We're caught up to the raws rn so there's not much to spoil that isn't already released, but it's basically like this: [spoil]There's this game that all end with a bad ending where game MC is married to a prince, but it's heavily implied in the first chapter that the two FLs were in love already. Now this time irl MC isekai's into the game and tries to turn it into a Happy Ending with background BL and het ships, but rest assured that yuri is endgame.

Thanks you both for the answers

joined Mar 31, 2013

So, am I the only person who doesn't read manga etc. on a monitor the size of a billboard?

I never see anyone else complaining about these ludicrous image sizes where I have to zoom the site to like 40% to see anything, but then, I'm a 1080p pleb.

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

So, am I the only person who doesn't read manga etc. on a monitor the size of a billboard?

I never see anyone else complaining about these ludicrous image sizes where I have to zoom the site to like 40% to see anything, but then, I'm a 1080p pleb.

Yeah Is really annoying reading this in my pc, and in the cellphone is alittle more easy but i can,t change the page.
Still thanks for uploading the story - . -

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Have you tried pressing the resize button?

joined Mar 31, 2013

Have you tried pressing the resize button?

Yes, of course. Your options are impossibly small, because it resizes to show the entire strip at once, or the unresized original image which is too wide for all of it to show on a 1080p monitor.

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 2:45PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So what exactly is Lan Sha's position at court? She is said to be a witch in chapter 1, but we don't actually see her doing any magic and she only mentions it herself in chapter 10, so she isn't a "court mage". Is she Bai's official bodyguard or simply a lady-in-waiting?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Questions or frustrations about the Resize button should please be sent to the Help thread, thanks. It's really a shame to clutter a thread of nice content over stuff like this.

If the below aren't helpful for you, please consider checking out Zephyr Scans on [MangaDex](https://mangadex.org/group/3e29f54d-a155-4f1c-b1a1-09c03fe74c88/zephyr-scans, which have significantly more customizability for long strips. My apologies for the inconvenience.

koniny posted:

Yeah Is really annoying reading this in my pc, and in the cellphone is alittle more easy but i can,t change the page.
Still thanks for uploading the story - . -

If you're on Android, I'd suggest just zooming in till the page fits your screen and then reading as normal, this should work well. There's currently a bug that ruins page switching after using the resize button. I'm very hopeful this will be fixed soon.

dkamar posted:

Yes, of course. Your options are impossibly small, because it resizes to show the entire strip at once, or the unresized original image which is too wide for all of it to show on a 1080p monitor.

Yeah sorry, this is my fault, as we really tinkered a lot yesterday with finding a nice option for all screen sizes and I failed to update most of the chapters in this series. Everything is updated now and should be usable, at the very least. If you still encounter any troubles or issues with the sizing (personal preference complaints are encouraged too), please let me know in the Help thread.

In the future we'll have more variable options for dealing with series' like this, but for now choosing a single consistent size is the best we can do. Thanks.

Edit: Removed some Batoto links.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 11:57PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

This is a very cool story but some transitions are a bit odd. Like from ch2 to ch3 how they suddenly are on a boat. At the end of ch2 they are in a court hall at the palace, at the start of ch3 they are on a boat and in the middle of a conversation, and the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. In fact you don't even realize that they are on a boat until the main girl falls into the water, because the panels mostly lack backgrounds!
I wonder if perhaps there are pages missing. In ch2 there's no page 5, it goes from page 4 (everyone still in that court hall) to page 6 (the credits) and then in page 1 of the following chapter there are in that boat (and BY is giving a cryptic reply to something we have no idea about). The transition is so abrupt as if some events were missing.

joined Jan 22, 2015

This is a very cool story but some transitions are a bit odd.

I'm getting mental whiplash from the transitions, though I'll read it till the end for the witch/princess pairing.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

This is a very cool story but some transitions are a bit odd. Like from ch2 to ch3 how they suddenly are on a boat. At the end of ch2 they are in a court hall at the palace, at the start of ch3 they are on a boat and in the middle of a conversation, and the beginning of the conversation seems to be missing. In fact you don't even realize that they are on a boat until the main girl falls into the water, because the panels mostly lack backgrounds!
I wonder if perhaps there are pages missing. In ch2 there's no page 5, it goes from page 4 (everyone still in that court hall) to page 6 (the credits) and then in page 1 of the following chapter there are in that boat (and BY is giving a cryptic reply to something we have no idea about). The transition is so abrupt as if some events were missing.

Ahh sorry, you're right! There's a page missing from ch2 where the transition from the court hall to the boat happens. I'll fix it in a bit, though there's nothing wrong with the starting of ch3 >.< Sorry for the inconvenience

joined Jul 21, 2020

Ahh sorry, you're right! There's a page missing from ch2 where the transition from the court hall to the boat happens. I'll fix it in a bit, though there's nothing wrong with the starting of ch3 >.< Sorry for the inconvenience

Oh so that's why! I also was confused by the change in both situation & dialogue between those two chapters. I hadn't noticed that page 5 in chapter 2 was missing. Thxfully someone more observant did notice!
We appreciate much your effort and work at translating this manhua. TIA for the fix!

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Oh so that's why! I also was confused by the change in both situation & dialogue between those two chapters. I hadn't noticed that page 5 in chapter 2 was missing. Thxfully someone more observant did notice!
We appreciate much your effort and work at translating this manhua. TIA for the fix!

It's been fixed now ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.