Forum › Image Comments

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

@FluffyCow Well then i think i was just enjoying Vtubers in the wrong way i guess, i think i was just convinced by their roles that i tought they were more of themselves on stream, i apologize if i said something wrong and made anyone upset

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:30AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

@Buscoito You're perfectly fine, and I don't think you were enjoying them in the wrong way. Apologies if I came across as saying that, I didn't mean to sound rude either. I think they ARE to a degree themselves and the character. Who they are on stream and how they blend into their character is a side of them, we're not going to see all the sides of them or know who they are outside of streaming. Which I think is fine personally, and just knowing this has made it so I'm aware that there's these sides to them that we'll never see and it means my immersion is intact. I get what I expect with the streams and the streamer, hopefully this makes sense.

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^^^to put it bluntly I can only see that as a "you" kind of problem; emotional over-investement in a fantasy that holds a particular appeal to you.
Because that's what it is at the end of the day and allowing yourself to forget that distinction after the latest performance segment has concluded is straight up dangerous. It's the first step down a slope that leads to some very dark places.

Whatever the medium and the skill of the performers it's fundamentally the responsibility of the viewer to distinguish fact from fiction; and the audience most certainly is not entitled to make any demands of the actors outside the role and then get mad when those aren't met.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 2:36AM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

What's with this ship recently? I've been seeing alot of HaMarine pics, but I have no idea why it surfaced. I must be missing something here.

joined Sep 27, 2017
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Ultimately it's kind of interesting to be having this conversation in a way. Since we're all strangers that could be anywhere in the world, we know really nothing about each other. A few thoughts and opinions of each other. Everything we're saying and thinking might not even be conveyed properly, it's difficult to fully get our thoughts across and communicate, how people perceive what we say might be different than how we intend it, and all of this text conversation lacks tone. So I mean this whole conversation we strangers are all having about streamers with character personas on line, is in it's self comically surreal. I just hope nobody feels bad about anything I've said, I have no ill will towards anyone here even if I share different views. I hope everyone is able to enjoy the things like they like. We're just a bunch of people on a strange ball floating in space, all trying to live our lives the best we can haha

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^errrr... did you hit the bottle and suddenly switch into "soulful old drunk" mode or something? o_O

joined Sep 27, 2017
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^Haha well it's entirely fair to think that, but no. People I know tend to think my way of thinking is a bit unusual, I suppose I find life in general surreal.

Edit: I'm going to hit the hay, have a wonderful night everyone, it was fun chatting. Time to fly through the cosmos of dreams. As the Nursery Rhyme goes, "Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream, Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream".

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 3:49AM

joined Sep 27, 2017
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

^^I'm largely out of the loop with the Haato/Haachama lore, but the way you describe it sounds a lot like Norman Bates.

joined Sep 12, 2021
Fagcshcvibake7u-orig

@Aquwin I was thinking the same thing.

joined Dec 18, 2020
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Clearly what vtubers should do is adopt personas so absolutely insane that there's no question what they're doing is all an act.

joined Dec 18, 2020
80246988_p0

From the way Yuyuko's chuckling I've kinda got the feeling she's thinking "Ooh, my wife has got another mistress?"

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 4:39AM

joined Sep 12, 2021
E-mvh_vveaa9nyh-orig

Pastellllll

joined Sep 12, 2021
E_z71vmviamtaih-orig

Amen to that @Smolgirl

Descarga
joined Sep 29, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Did I make an account just for these comment? Nope gonna keep using this one for later. so now, two things
1.like someone said above kiara did give a reason as to why she said that In a only members streams and it is a reason I totally agree with, since I don't know if I should put the reason (and also I still don't know how the spoilers thing works) I ain't gonna say it
2. I think the reason as to why some people are mad isn't so much the fact that they don't separate reality from fiction, I think it's more likely that their ship got "attacked" from one half of it, kiara saying what she said pretty much put a dent in the whole takamori ship and for some people that probably where invested in the ship didn't leave a nice taste

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^^kek

^...because being that invested in a fiction doesn't indicate issues with separating the real from the make-believe in the first place?

Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

^^ They were hosting a soft r34 fanart contest
It got delayed recently due to Marine's break

Descarga
joined Sep 29, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^ that's an individual problem, invested in fiction, like you said, doesn't mean problem with separating reality with fiction, that there are people that have that issue? Sure, but being invested in something fictional doesn't mean you don't know the difference, if that was the case then I would probably think I am some manga character lol

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 4:35AM

joined Jul 26, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^spare me the weird reductio ad absurdum strawmen. Treating something fictional like it was or should be real, and reacting with outrage when it's not because you're so emotionally invested in it, rather strikes me as a fact/fiction separation issue per definitionem.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Someone busted out their Latin phrasebook for this post I see.

Descarga
joined Sep 29, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^^If you're invested in something and it goes in a way you don't like I think it's normal to be upset, like a series you like suddenly becomes bad (game of thrones is a good example of this) or youre a fan of sport and your team is doing bad, it's the same concept, other medium. but let's just agree to disagree let's not make this comment section longer than needed

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 5:00AM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

let's not make this comment section longer than needed

I think that ship has well and truly sailed already.

Descarga
joined Sep 29, 2021
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

^ let's hope that ship docks then (and I aren't really helping with this comment lmao)

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 5:02AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013
Fasbs_8uuacf4oq-orig

Clearly what vtubers should do is adopt personas so absolutely insane that there's no question what they're doing is all an act.

You know, I would have thought that Takamori was already clearly an act, what Calli being pretty bad at acting tsundere and nothing happening when they met in person. But here we are anyway

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019
Mostimaexusiaischool

@NARESH4444 And penguins, you can't forget the penguins.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

Oh okay, holy shit. Thanks for the answer.

This topic has been locked.