Forum › Posts by giraffemangome

giraffemangome
Image Comments 05 Oct 17:19
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Faxelgivebuirjq-orig

^^ This ship has just reached the point where nice FAs inspire others to draw nice FAs even without official content, though I guess the crumbs from the recent 3D collab stimulated it.
The two haven't had collabs outside of Gen 3/group ones this whole year, though tbf Pekora only had like 6 one-on-one collabs this whole year, too. Apparently Marine finds it somewhat difficult to invite Pekora.

last edited at Oct 5, 2021 5:21PM

giraffemangome
Image Comments 29 Sep 04:26
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
E_3uxx3vqace1hl-orig

^^ They were hosting a soft r34 fanart contest
It got delayed recently due to Marine's break

giraffemangome
Image Comments 20 Jul 11:12
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
E58rwbnuuasrgoq-orig%20(1)

^^Those are actually both shirts that they wore in the manga

giraffemangome
Image Comments 18 Jul 13:50
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Erxe3j4vgae4mbr-orig

^^ I'm pretty sure Noel didn't have to join in on it, as in Marine said she was fully prepared to cancel the stream until Noel decided to join (at which point it's no longer a punishment, really).

giraffemangome
Image Comments 05 Jul 02:50
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
E48zpf5veauklz0-orig

Their chemistry on stream is unreal, and their rivalry-but-actually-really-care-for-each-other thing is fantastic. I'm honestly surprised I don't see more people on this ship in the English circles.

giraffemangome
Image Comments 31 Mar 08:54
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Exps-lau4amoz-9-orig

@17hunter00 If you mean a specific scene this is based on, I don't think there is one
That said, MariFlare is actually fairly popular on its own. They live close to each other and meet offline often.
I still remember the sexual tension in their most recent collab being pretty intense. (from my obviously tinted glasses)

giraffemangome
Image Comments 27 Oct 17:57
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
84861926_p1

They did get 100/100 in that Wii couple rating game, obviously a very trustable source, so that's credible enough for me.

giraffemangome
Image Comments 29 Aug 23:57
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Eqlwyh-vuaarhut-orig

^Some touching happened that she kind of skimmed over, and some other stuff that Shion stopped her from talking about.
So yeah it's pretty eventful even without the whole I say/you say situatoin.

giraffemangome
Image Comments 21 Nov 15:08
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Lwjsyot

While S and Sh are both correct, Sion is likely translated as Sion due to oGUura SION, kind of like SATA aNri.

giraffemangome
Image Comments 27 Aug 14:07
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018
Jawnb7z

This one is inspired by this image from the manga author.
Manga's great, I don't even know if I can say it's only subtext at the current point.
https://twitter.com/izumo_ito/status/1161987531635691520?s=20

giraffemangome
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018

manga too slow

Seriously. I open the manga and it just sits there on the same page unless I turn it. The anime keeps moving even if I walk out of the room.

Wait, what? You probably got scammed. Mine turns at least 5 pages per second, try lubricating the pages.

giraffemangome
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018

I'm still really bothered by the TL mistakes in episode three. I mean, none of them are really episode-changing mistakes, but the overall enjoyment is definitely hurt by them.

giraffemangome
Koko
joined Oct 2, 2018

Oh jeez, this is what happens when a chapter comes out and there is 4 pages of comments to read. My 2 cents: Yuu's reaction was very normal, Touko was kinda unrealistic. How can she not know, Yuu is hurt and that she needs to clarify what she meant? Ugh

So I've seen this sentiment on Touko going around quite a bit, and although it has been addressed in previous comments by someone else, I want to share some of my opinions on the subject:

Touko really didn't have much to say at that moment. You can tell by her initial reaction to the confession in Chapter 34 that she has noticed how much she's hurt Yuu and immediately apologized for it. And as she herself points out in this chapter, clarifying anything wouldn't actually help, it'll be more like rubbing salt on the wound.

"Hey,you know, I didn't actually mean to reject you, but I'm going to reject you again now"

That doesn't seem like a good idea. Touko is obviously still in love with Yuu, but much like Yuu, she's really not that sharp on her own emotions. I feel like people still retain the image of the perfect and mature sister-Touko, and a large part of that is how it managed to still stick with her after her major epiphany. Her understanding in emotions seems to be only about a tiny bit above Yuu, but a lot more selfish.

Their relationship has never been healthy, and Touko entered it assuming that Yuu would never fall for anyone, something that Yuu actually said, without expecting her to change. Her "I love you"s are small attempts that she thought would ensure this one-way relationship to continue. The "terms and conditions" of this relationship of theirs have been established as early as chapter 10, and it does make sense for Touko to consider this in the logical way as written in her "contract", while still showing uncertainties about her current situations and decisions. IMO the following "I miss her" means way more than what she thinks Yuu should THEORETICALLY mean to her now, but it didn't seem to connect the same way with some people.

TL;DR: Come on she can finally stop being her dead sister let her have some time to learn. It isn't a very fun process but it'll eventually work out.