Forum › By My Side discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This reminded me of a super weird movie I watched once. It was about a boy, who fell in love with a girl, with a necrophilia fetish. He tried everything to get her to fall in love with him. He even pretended to be dead, but nothing worked. In the end he commited suicide, for her, and they finally ended up being together.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Everybody's sad and depressed. But kinda satisfied with ending. Hmmmm I'll still read it some other time. Lol

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

When I think about it more, the flower on Hikari's head symbolizes a brain illness. She kept her feelings to herself just so she wouldn't burden her sensei because it was worsening. She was bedridden and couldn't go to school. Sensei visited her and couldn't help but to confess anyway, and witnessed Hikari's last breath.

Those plants growing underneath those bandages Sensei was wearing were probably due to self-harm. She wanted to join Hikari so badly but waited until graduation. It was quite fishy because she knew when she would die after one of the students said she was retiring that year because Hikari didn't, which means she planned it all out. She ended her own life just to be with Hikari.

And now, they're together.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Definitely got some tears in my eyes, the artist and artstyle is so good

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, I liked the main story, but I feel like the follow-ups kinda detracted from it

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

Hauntingly beautiful.

joined Aug 21, 2017

This was pretty interesting. I think the conclusion was solid too.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

When I think about it more, the flower on Hikari's head symbolizes a brain illness. She kept her feelings to herself just so she wouldn't burden her sensei because it was worsening. She was bedridden and couldn't go to school. Sensei visited her and couldn't help but to confess anyway, and witnessed Hikari's last breath.

Those plants growing underneath those bandages Sensei was wearing were probably due to self-harm. She wanted to join Hikari so badly but waited until graduation. It was quite fishy because she knew when she would die after one of the students said she was retiring that year because Hikari didn't, which means she planned it all out. She ended her own life just to be with Hikari.

I actually didn't stop to think that everything could be a metaphor and not just fairy tale fantasy tragedy
This really opened my eyes

Murasakino always makes such thought provoking works

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Murasakino knows how to touch their audiences' heart that somehow it makes me wonder how they see the world in their eyes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All the white pages are for you to cry onto.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Murasakino is such a great visual story teller. A non-text version of this would be just as compelling

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

QAQ

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

WOOOO HOOO MURASAKINO YESS YESSSSS

joined May 8, 2018

The whole time, I can't help but hear the HoloCouncil's voices while reading. I've been watching too many Hololive clips. My brain can't read Kirisawa-sensei's lines without Kronii's voice so my brain give Hikari Mumei's voice. Then Hikari's friends with Sana and Fauna's voice. There wasn't a 5th girl for Bae though. Now I feel bad (because of the Human Fall Flat stream). I'm sorry, Bae!

But that aside, I wasn't prepared for the turning into flowers kind of supernatural. Pretty tragic, but at least they are together.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

OMG! This was so whimsical and beautiful yet so sad and depressing, who could have do such a story!?
Looks at author
... yeah that looks about right.

1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Thanks for the tears (╥﹏╥)

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

thanks for hurting me

joined Sep 1, 2017

I actually didn't stop to think that everything could be a metaphor and not just fairy tale fantasy tragedy

I got the impression the feelings Sensei felt were akin to guilt. She never really fell in love, yet Hikari loved her so much she wished herself into becoming flowers, just so Sensei would love her back. Sensei felt a strong need to join Hikari, and fulfill the girl's final desire.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I got the impression the feelings Sensei felt were akin to guilt. She never really fell in love, yet Hikari loved her so much she wished herself into becoming flowers, just so Sensei would love her back. Sensei felt a strong need to join Hikari, and fulfill the girl's final desire.

But Sensei went to visit her even before finding out about her wish, didn't she?
To me her feelings read as love; or perhaps it was something between love and guilt. The way I saw it, she couldn't tell it was love, because she had been told that if she ever fell in love, she would immediately know, which wasn't the case for her.
In the end Sensei calls Hikari an idiot, presumably because she went and became a flower wishing that would earn Sensei's love. And she calls herself an idiot for following her. Hikari made that wish out of love, and the way this scene played out makes me feel that Sensei also followed her out of love.

Either way, I do believe that there was more to this story than the surface, just like You Are My Angela. What it made me think was how a person may wish to change in order to win another's love, without realising that the change is actually harmful to themselves. The interpretation of her having a fatal illness is definitely very on point, but somehow I want to tie it back to how this was her own wish and can't seem to quite grasp it. Maybe she had thought that she'd be able to get her attention if she were sick...?
Then again, perhaps there were more than one ideas put into this.

Anyway, very interesting story, and I'll definitely come back to it at some point.

last edited at Sep 25, 2021 7:59PM

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

author so good on making me feel this sad by simply using flowers and love.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 1:11AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

But Sensei went to visit her even before finding out about her wish, didn't she?
To me her feelings read as love; or perhaps it was something between love and guilt. The way I saw it, she couldn't tell it was love, because she had been told that if she ever fell in love, she would immediately know, which wasn't the case for her.
In the end Sensei calls Hikari an idiot, presumably because she went and became a flower wishing that would earn Sensei's love. And she calls herself an idiot for following her. Hikari made that wish out of love, and the way this scene played out makes me feel that Sensei also followed her out of love.

Either way, I do believe that there was more to this story than the surface, just like You Are My Angela. What it made me think was how a person may wish to change in order to win another's love, without realising that the change is actually harmful to themselves. The interpretation of her having a fatal illness is definitely very on point, but somehow I want to tie it back to how this was her own wish and can't seem to quite grasp it. Maybe she had thought that she'd be able to get her attention if she were sick...?
Then again, perhaps there were more than one ideas put into this.

Anyway, very interesting story, and I'll definitely come back to it at some point.

Between love and guilt sounds about right to me. Remember Sensei did say she did feel affection for people before, just not love. She had affection for Hikari, so she visited with her while the girl went through her metamophosis. Then Hikari dropped the bomb shell about her wish. (Reading the part where Hikari saw Sensei's reaction to her wish, and realized she made a mistake broke my heart.) It was like finding out a person, who you could only ever see as a good friend, made major life altering and irreversible choice, in order to win your love. You might not love them, but you do care about them, and possibly feel responsible for what they have done.

Edit: Sensei did tell that boy, that asked her out at the end, that she didn't have anyone she liked.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 3:32AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

the end hit me hard; still I'm in tears and somehow overjoyed all at once

I feel the same way, I didn’t consider the overall stort to be a metaphor until I saw the bandages on sensei’s wrists and had to reread it. But I think you nailed what this story was trying to convey. Murasakino sensei truly never disappoints.

Th%20(1)
joined Sep 26, 2021

Homie, you had no business making me cry for like ten minutes.

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Read the first chapter a while ago, but never knew there was a sequel. Thanks for the work TL team, would be great if you could do more of this author if there's material!

To reply you must either login or sign up.