Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Well, bit the bullet and ordered the Sayaka novels. Now to play the Waiting Game™.

Fdsfdfsfsdfgwwefdsz426445-min-min
joined Aug 2, 2019

YUUTOP IS CANON!!! TO ALL THOSE WEIRDOS WHO SAY TOUKO IS THE TOP, IN YOUR FACE!!!

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

re-reading this again bc of takamori :')

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

re-reading this again bc of takamori :')

What a coincidence, I'm planning on doing that tomorrow for the same reason.

last edited at Aug 10, 2021 11:55PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Re-reading this again for the 3rd time.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Just reread it again, I had forgotten this was so griping from start to end. I don't think any other Yuri manga has come close to this level of quality yet. The pacing is just chef kiss.

Are Sayaka's light novels worth it? Kinda want to import them but it's going to be expensive as heck.

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

Idk why but reading/watching this makes me miserable af,the plot is kindda melancholic and watching this alone at 3 am isn't a good idea.
I hate this feeling so much

... dropped at ep 10 but skimmed trough the manga

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Idk why but reading/watching this makes me miserable af,the plot is kindda melancholic and watching this alone at 3 am isn't a good idea.

There’s your problem right there.

PS: anime is not the same as manga.

joined Jan 5, 2021

^
Really? I thought it was pretty much the same.
But then again I just stating the series as whole,it left idk, how to describe the feeling and its not a pleasant one. The plot is pretty decent but there's something that kept boggling my mind and idk how to put it

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Very much so, the anime ends before even getting to the first actual climax of the series. A lot of the development doesn't even start until after that point.
If you have any desire to experience this story further, you gotta read the manga, at least from where the anime leaves off (bc until then it's a very faithful adaptation, minus the very end)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Honk mikan posted:

^
Really? I thought it was pretty much the same.

It is the same except for the fact the anime only covers the first half of the manga. And not even the best parts at that.

joined Jan 5, 2021

Yeah thats why i said i skimmed trough the manga .I stopped at ep 10 while start reading at chapter 36 or so right after the stage play..
Btw that last scene in manga very spicy though but thats about it

And i just want to point out that i think everyone thats watch enough anime and read manga knows that every anime that have 12 ep and only 1 season isn't going to be enough to cover all the stuff in manga, take horimiya as example

last edited at Sep 15, 2021 7:10PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

There’s your problem right there.

PS: anime is not the same as manga.

Come on Blastaar, if there ever was a faithful anime adaptation to a manga, it has to be Bloom Into You. I mean they're pretty much panel for panel and line for line, with the only real divergence being the penultimate scene, to provide at least a bit more closure than the corresponding manga chapter did, since there's no season two (which should be considered a crime against humanity!).
If they didn't get hooked by it within ten episodes (that's four hours of anime), it's just not for them.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If they didn't get hooked by it within ten episodes (that's four hours of anime), it's just not for them.

The poster’s total inability to articulate why the story made them so unhappy hinders any fuller or more specific response to their inchoate unhappiness.

(And anime as a medium of storytelling is not exactly the same as manga.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

YUUTOP IS CANON!!! TO ALL THOSE WEIRDOS WHO SAY TOUKO IS THE TOP, IN YOUR FACE!!!

Nah, Sayaka tops Yuu.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

The poster’s total inability to articulate why the story made them so unhappy hinders any fuller or more specific response to their inchoate unhappiness.

If you didn't have anything productive to say, there was no need to respond at all. Vaguely placing the blame for your actions on Honk mikan's lack of articulation isn't cool either, as the response wasn't necessary in the first place.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't see why any response beyond "well, sucks for you" is required at all. I know why Bloom Into You is my one favorite piece of anime/manga so far, so while I'm somewhat baffled if someone doesn't get anything out of it, I at best feel sorry for them for not being able to get the same supreme enjoyment I've had, for their life is, at least in this specific moment, way less enjoyable than mine.
Rationalization won't ever get someone to wholeheartedly enjoy something that they don't. (Conditioning and brainwashing might, but that's another story...) They might get a technical appreciation for what it is and what we see in it, but they won't enjoy it on the same level regardless.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

If you didn't have anything productive to say, there was no need to respond at all. Vaguely placing the blame for your actions on Honk mikan's lack of articulation isn't cool either, as the response wasn't necessary in the first place.

I admit that my snippy response was sparked by a complaint about a manga series that the poster admits they hadn’t read large chunks of and had just skimmed the rest.

Would it have met your particular criteria for a “productive” response had I said, “It is recommended that you actually read the manga itself?”

And some indication of why the poster found the series disturbing might allow for some response such as, “Ah, well, you’ll never like this, then,” or “That part goes away in the later stages,” etc.

last edited at Sep 16, 2021 10:46AM

joined Jan 5, 2021

Giving out my opinion was a mistake , sorry guys
;_; .It all happen bcs i cant make out what am i feeling toward this series.
To why am i skimmed the manga is bc i already watch the 10 episode right so i just wanted to know the ending and how it plays out lol..gotta stay passive with this one(˘・_・˘)

last edited at Sep 16, 2021 11:46AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really am interested in what you are feeling about this series, since it is a pretty unusual reaction, so if you work it out, please let us know. Seriously.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Honk mikan posted:

No worries, I got where you were coming from.

Blastaar posted:

I admit that my snippy response was sparked by a complaint about a manga series that the poster admits they hadn’t read large chunks of and had just skimmed the rest.

Would it have met your particular criteria for a “productive” response had I said, “It is recommended that you actually read the manga itself?”

Had your first response been the same as your last, there wouldn't have been any problem. In any case, I think we can move on from this.

last edited at Sep 16, 2021 2:39PM

joined Jan 5, 2021

Welp nvm that feeling .While idk if it okay to talk abt it here my interest in any series is drama>>everything else, and i had two series of yuri anime planned to watch this month first one is this while the other is a classic aoi hana .I must say just 2 episode in it already got me on the edge of sit, definitely going to my top 10!!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You're absolutely welcome to talk about it in the thread for that manga. Was a very good show (and manga), in any case.

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Woohoo, finally got around reading the Sayaka LNs. Feels great to see that evolution of Sayaka from being a naive young girl who approached love with an earnest but misguided approach (which ended up getting her burned badly) to a stagnant individual afraid of further pain and finally to a well-rounded person who has finally taken the steps to reach her own happiness alongside her special person.

Hitoma Iruma is just super solid with stories focusing on introspection with how natural and real the worries and insecurities of his characters come across through his words. Always fun to read his works (albeit translated with quite a few typos/grammatical errors that I'm not sure I should be expecting from an official publisher).

I guess I've finished my personal journey of experiencing this series (besides watching the anime, have been holding out on a small glimmer of hope of a second season, so I could watch it all in one go), but this is one of the few series that I feel like I can't get enough of (probably a sentiment echoed by a bunch of you here). Probably the only manga I've read three times over, which is a rarity for someone who hardly rereads/rewatches series and tempted to do so again after this.

But yeah, can't gush enough about this. Wish there's a second season more than any other series out there.

joined Sep 28, 2021

Always fun to read his works (albeit translated with quite a few typos/grammatical errors that I'm not sure I should be expecting from an official publisher).

Has the official publisher added back the content they cut yet? I've been waiting to buy the Sayaka LNs myself because of them. Been waiting for the manga to be fixed too, but at least it has fan translations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.