Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmmm, suspension of disbelief isn't working for me here but, I like the drawings, so will keep reading :p

joined Sep 4, 2016

10 years old with DD's? Come on, that's something you find in hentai. I'm all for the suspension of disbelief, but this is ridiculous. Less than 1% of women in the US have D cups or bigger, and we're expected to believe that a preteen girl has bigger bazongas than the average adult female?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For anyone wondering, this first chapter is the only one that shares any similar story content to the Twitter version.

joined May 8, 2018

T-This...I... I stop growing in middle school at around 152 cm so... What does kids eat these days to grow that tall?!

Edit: I've seen kids at the store and they are not that tall. They're at the usual height for kids. But Mai-san... Whoa.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:51PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Aha, I thought it would be this series. I have no problem with this premise so long as the relationship is enjoyable to watch.

For anyone wondering, this first chapter is the only one that shares any similar story content to the Twitter version.

Wait, really? So what does it turn into?

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 6:51PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh that's interesting to know, thank you!

Cleopatra%20down
joined Aug 30, 2018

Unless I see her in class with the other kids actually doing what a 10 year old child should be doing, I can't believe she's 10.

After the last chap of the pre serialization, I'm convinced she has a master plan regarding her age and she's in fact at least 15 (not much of diffrence but hey!)

joined Sep 27, 2017

Unless I see her in class with the other kids actually doing what a 10 year old child should be doing, I can't believe she's 10.

After the last chap of the pre serialization, I'm convinced she has a master plan regarding her age and she's in fact at least 15 (not much of diffrence but hey!)

Well if we're throwing ages around let's go with another anime/manga character, Yoko Littner, and say 14.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sure, arbitrary numbers don't matter... in a gag manga maybe, but maybe they do when authors purposefully set their stories within the social framework of our modern world and draw specific attention them. Maybe just let people decide for themselves where they draw the line?

At any rate I don't remember seeing the original work before, but looking through a few chapters, eh I think it is a pass. The art is nice and all but the central conceit is not funny or entertaining enough to carry the whole thing I feel. Or believable, but I would not expect that from something built solely around a gag anyway.

Well I tried to emphasize it was my opinion that I personally think people caring about fictional anime and manga ages is pointless. People can do whatever they want and I'm not telling anyone to think a certain way. I'm simply stating my opinion on something I see people stress over nearly day in anime and manga communities for years, and I think there are far better things to worry about in the world. If people want to spend their time and emotional effort being concerned over the ages of stylized drawings then they can go for it, it simply doesn't make sense to me.

Also yes it's loosely BASED on the "social framework of our modern world" but it's also entirely a fictional stylized manga, where the author can make their own reality and changes to everything and anything within their fictional world.

Okay so we have a slight misunderstanding on what we are talking about here. I was talking about fiction in general when I said "stories within the social framework of our modern world", not this work in particular. I myself think this manga is just a silly gag based story, and said as much. Also I don't think people necessarily stress over it, sometimes a character's supposed age just takes them out of something to not keep reading. No need to be so condescending about it.

Eh, that's a pretty silly stance to take. Just because something is fiction does not mean it can't be based on real world logic. It just depends on the tone and setting of the work.

Most fiction takes liberties and follows a course that doesn't follow real world logic to a certain degree. Yes there can be realistic and grounded series, but people often look for real world logic in fiction when the author never asked them to. In the case of this series it's not trying to be realistic, so I don't think my logic and stance is "silly" as you deem it. If I were trying to say this with a different series that is intentionally going for realistic real world drama, then maybe. Even still it's ultimately going to spice things up with certain fictional elements, and even pacing in fiction is often not realistic because it's needs to follow a certain course in order to keep the audience invested.

And again, I think it is silly to say that you should not try to find logic in fiction IN GENERAL, not in this story in particular. Like if you posit that there is never need for any logic in anything then every work of fiction might as well be a farce.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Ah actually, my friend which is asian had her first period at 10 and she surprisingly have an adult figure, she ain't that tall but she got the tits and ass. She was teased for it when we were in 5th grade till we graduated elementary. So it's not really impossible for that kind of figure for a 10 years old.

Also, I really enjoy this yuri, the adult one isn't crossing any line and it's cute her reaction is so pure lmao. I just hope there's no snowflake here who's gonna claim this is against social norms. Don't be the normie to try and criticise this again, the other site where I used to read the Web version is full of bl readers that always tryna find loop of holes in yuri. Calling the author to be p*do. I think readers should always draw a line between fiction and real life situation. Don't worry, I've never seen age gap romance manga readers turned into p*do lolol.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 7:16PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Skyrin posted:

Well I tried to emphasize it was my opinion that I personally think people caring about fictional anime and manga ages is pointless. People can do whatever they want and I'm not telling anyone to think a certain way. I'm simply stating my opinion on something I see people stress over nearly day in anime and manga communities for years, and I think there are far better things to worry about in the world. If people want to spend their time and emotional effort being concerned over the ages of stylized drawings then they can go for it, it simply doesn't make sense to me.

Also yes it's loosely BASED on the "social framework of our modern world" but it's also entirely a fictional stylized manga, where the author can make their own reality and changes to everything and anything within their fictional world.

Okay so we have a slight misunderstanding on what we are talking about here. I was talking about fiction in general when I said "stories within the social framework of our modern world", not this work in particular. I myself think this manga is just a silly gag based story, and said as much. Also I don't think people necessarily stress over it, sometimes a character's supposed age just takes them out of something to not keep reading. No need to be so condescending about it.

And with that said, let's drop the weird conversation. I haven't seen anyone in this thread terribly hung up on ages or getting fired up or anything, so...no need to talk about someone who isn't even here, for a manga that isn't this one. Can take that to the Cafe if either of you would like to continue, thank you.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Sure, arbitrary numbers don't matter... in a gag manga maybe, but maybe they do when authors purposefully set their stories within the social framework of our modern world and draw specific attention them. Maybe just let people decide for themselves where they draw the line?

At any rate I don't remember seeing the original work before, but looking through a few chapters, eh I think it is a pass. The art is nice and all but the central conceit is not funny or entertaining enough to carry the whole thing I feel. Or believable, but I would not expect that from something built solely around a gag anyway.

I'm not trying to be condescending, apologies if I came off as such. I just see a lot of people discussing ages in anime/manga and age gaps, and people even in gag works like this sometimes act like the work should be cancelled because the author is doing something wrong. Personally I just think it's a waste of time for people to be concerned over it. You did mention it being a gag manga and that's why I was confused by the "stories within the social framework of our modern world" comment, because it sounded like it contradicted your view on this being a gag manga. So at least we cleared that up.

Eh, that's a pretty silly stance to take. Just because something is fiction does not mean it can't be based on real world logic. It just depends on the tone and setting of the work.

Most fiction takes liberties and follows a course that doesn't follow real world logic to a certain degree. Yes there can be realistic and grounded series, but people often look for real world logic in fiction when the author never asked them to. In the case of this series it's not trying to be realistic, so I don't think my logic and stance is "silly" as you deem it. If I were trying to say this with a different series that is intentionally going for realistic real world drama, then maybe. Even still it's ultimately going to spice things up with certain fictional elements, and even pacing in fiction is often not realistic because it's needs to follow a certain course in order to keep the audience invested.

And again, I think it is silly to say that you should not try to find logic in fiction IN GENERAL, not in this story in particular. Like if you posit that there is never need for any logic in anything then every work of fiction might as well be a farce.

With your original comment and even this comment some I feel like you're the one being condescending to me. I think in part because we're misunderstanding each other. I'm not saying fiction shouldn't have ANY logic, I'm saying that the author can make their own logic and it doesn't exactly need to mirror the real world. If the author has their own established logic and world in which the story flows. I think "realistic" and "realism" is often semi-subjective anyhow, as people have different definitions on what's realistic and unrealistic.

Anyways I think we're probably just going in circles here, and we kind of disagree on some things, agree on other things. We felt the other was being condescending, and I know it wasn't my intent, maybe it wasn't your intent. Tone of voice and trying to clearly convey and clear up ideas can be challenging in text. Alas though it's probably worth moving on, as it's not worth being worked up over, we both are entitled to our own perspectives. I wish you the best and have a pleasant day/night if you decide to move on instead of continuing this conversation.

joined Sep 27, 2017

And with that said, let's drop the weird conversation. I haven't seen anyone in this thread terribly hung up on ages or getting fired up or anything, so...no need to talk about someone who isn't even here, for a manga that isn't this one. Can take that to the Cafe if either of you would like to continue, thank you.

Apologies, I was typing up my response when you posted this. I wasn't trying to get into pointless arguments, I've just seen a lot of discussion and people talking about the morals of this series, and in the comments of the original series this is based on as well. So for me it felt like a matter of people were already a bit and probably going to go into deeper hate for this series all over again because of the age gap, and the age gag. Alas though, it's definitely better to move on and change the topic. Apologies again.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 7:29PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well if we're throwing ages around let's go with another anime/manga character, Yoko Littner, and say 14.

Funnily enough, I actually had a school mate who had a body similar to Yoko at 14.

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 7:28PM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

I don't mind the "older/younger than she looks thing" but this one is a bit much for me to believe
Oh well I'll probably still read it cause yuri

Well... have you seen Hotaru from Non Non Biyori?

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 7:46PM

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

I can hear the police knocking at my door

joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't mind the "older/younger than she looks thing" but this one is a bit much for me to believe
Oh well I'll probably still read it cause yuri

Well... have you seen Hotaru from Non Non Biyori?

Don't forget Atsushi Miyagawa in Recorder and Randsell.

Edit: From the Wikipedia entry on his character: "A fifth grade elementary school boy who has the appearance of a fully grown adult but still acts his age. His appearance often gets him into trouble with the police, particularly when he hangs around his classmate Hina, who he has a crush on and is going out with."

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 8:02PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Recorder and Randsell was something else lol , but this is cute . I really wonder what author is planning

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 8:13PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nightmare_DL, if you want to post again you're welcome to. The weirdo combative comments aren't okay, and this isn't an appropriate place to solicit translations for other series. Thanks.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

whys the 10 year old keep making villain faces like she's gonna eat the adult?
A tad exaggerated and I can't see this ending in romance without a timeskip for obvious moral reasons

also, crackpot theory:
the supposed ten year old is actually an adult that got hit by a car, as they regularly do, and lost all their memories believing themselves to still be a child. her family couldn't find a cure so they just enrolled her in elementary school. you heard it here first ladies lol

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 8:48PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

i love the art

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

why is she 10

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

For anyone wondering, that body is eminently possible and has become more likely in the last two decades-- early-onset puberty is becoming a major issue in pediatrics. I have a cousin who had similar proportions at 10 (It was awful for her because kids are shit; she got picked on and treated like she got held back).

My question is if all the innuendo is a case of unreliable narrator because our viewpoint is a college student who's letting her bean do the thinking.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

LETS GOOOOOOOO

joined Sep 11, 2019

It's serialized let's goooooooooooooooo

To reply you must either login or sign up.