Forum › Chouchou Nannan discussion

joined Aug 11, 2014

I think the most pointed thing that could be said about Chihiro is that, for all her possessiveness, she isn't actually in love with Aoi. It seems like she just enjoys Aoi as a "cute thing" to play around with, and not even a particularly important one at that; if you aren't sure about someone's feelings, watching their reaction while you get closer with someone else is an understandably dumb thing to do, but if you're this confident about it, why would you actively distance yourself from them?

Even if she wanted to bait Aoi into a tearful confession because it'd be cute, I can think of a million different ways she could be making Aoi get all flustered and blushy in the meantime just by subtly flirting with her a little, while still waiting for her to confess first. But she doesn't seem to care all that much about actually being close to Aoi, or provoking cute reactions from her, and apparently she has little sense of jealousy when someone else gets close to Aoi. More than that, it seems like watching that third party strike out with Aoi is part of the fun.

In a lot of ways, rather than liking Aoi, or being fond of cute things, Chihiro's actions seem more in line with someone who gets off on twisting other people's feelings around her. She wants to see Aoi get super worked up about confessing, she's happy to play with Shino's enthusiastic affection, she's trying to push Nao towards fruitlessly pursuing Aoi, believing that Nao will self-destruct because of Aoi's unwavering one-sided love, and all the heartbreak and tension and fallout will all have Chihiro at its root. Put another way, she wants to be Helen of Troy, and revel in her own little Trojan War.

joined May 1, 2013

But what about Shino? What about poor little Shino???

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

For some reason, I don't like Nao. Anyone else annoyed by the fact she pretty much made a move on Aoi when she was very vulnerable? Seems like a scumbag move to me.

Forgive me for having to say this so rudely...so please don't take this as a personal attack or as me saying this is typical of you or that I think I'm better etc. etc. etc., but quite frankly if you see it as Nao making a move on Aoi when she's vulnerable then you have completely misinterpreted everything to this point and missed the mark so badly you hit the target next to yours.

Nao simply was comforting Aoi the way she knows how. None of their kisses have meant anything beyond a form of communication to this point to Aoi. Ironically the kiss is only hurting Nao if anyone. The one in this chapter was the start of Nao's aggression but it was not during a time of Aoi's vulnerability.

Chihiro is flitting around with a stupid game that makes me question the depth of her love. If you do that in real life, you usually lose if love is a game. And if love is a game on another level, making a move on someone who is vulnerable is not a douche move depending on the circumstance. You harbor your own feelings and if you decide to start conveying them, you are forcing the other person to take responsibility for those feelings to the extent they feel. It does not matter how you do so. Some ways are correct in situations, some are not (some are just always wrong like rape but that's a topic for another time).

Nao has been completely selfless in the way she has approached this situation. She simply did not want Aoi to be hurt. She has been in love with her for a while now, but she refused to make a move, and until now has not resolved to do so at all.

tl;dr - Aoi does actually deserve Nao if anyone. Read a little more carefully.

I don't know, I've also read Nao as taking advantage during Aoi's most vunerable moments. I mean, she says these kisses are just to make her feel better or they dont count lol but really, I mean if someone came up and kissed me even though I liked someone else, I would be like hey stop wtf. Though ofc Aoi doesn't mind, because its a manga, blah blah blah.

I agree that Chihiro is a douche. Which is kind of a shame really, I didn't really want this manga to go down the 'childhood friend is a shit manipulator, we need the girl with the unrequited crush to save the day' but there you go.

Now I can see it as Nao v Chihiro with the two glaring/smirking at each other whenever one has the upper hand, with Aoi stuck in the middle. Hmmm

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I thought this was kinda refreshing, though I was kinda thrown off guard by Jin when I saw the "crazy yandere" look on Chihiro last chapter, haha. Frankly, I strong believe that Chihiro is playing around with Aoi in the sense that she just likes Aoi because she's a cute thing. I also feel like, from the last chapter, that Chihiro is one of those people that love it when people around her like her (possibly more than she likes them). It's a manipulative relationship that isn't healthy at all. She obviously enjoys "playing around" with Shino too since Nao could tell that Chihiro (somewhat) liked Shino, even if it was supposedly to act as a catalyst for Aoi to "make a move". In summary, Chihiro = manipulative playaaaa

On the flip side, and though I'm biased towards the Nao x Aoi pairing, I think Nao sincerely was just trying to help Aoi get over her hurt with Chihiro in the first few chapters. I think she wasn't aware that this "helping" could lead to unforeseen consequences, and so she was just genuinely trying to help ease Aoi's pain. It was only in the later chapters, like this one, that she actively kissed Aoi in order to sway her opinion on Nao. Basically, now, she's playing the game.

tl;dr: Chihiro = ain't nothin' but trouble. Nao = didn't understand consequences
and now they're playin' the game.

joined May 3, 2014

if i was Aoi i won't be having felling for Chihiro if he is flirting with some one else just to make Aoi jealous or confessing.....it meakes me wonder if Chihiro has any real felling for Aoi...... and i fell a little betrayed if she is willing do DO that only to make Aoi confessing if Chihiro really loves Aoi she won't play this stupid game :/

But this is a manga and THIS kinda of thing it's possible only in a manga :3 so i will enjoy the setting for all i care :3

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

For some reason, I don't like Nao. Anyone else annoyed by the fact she pretty much made a move on Aoi when she was very vulnerable? Seems like a scumbag move to me

Say what? If you got a chance take it right?

joined Nov 1, 2014

who is jin partner?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rin_rin#17

According to this: https://archive.moe/u/thread/1274386/ Horii Kisuke, also known as Raku-Gun, may be her partner; she's the writer/artist of Tie Breaker. Since they live together it's more of an assumption that they're in a relationship, but since they've known each other since vocational school that might match up with the 10 years info given on that panel. Also their art styles are similar.

Edit: whoops, should've checked both sides of the story. Jin clarified that they aren't in a relationship, thus the mysterious partner shall remain unknown. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10550

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 6:16AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

who is jin partner?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rin_rin#17

According to this: https://archive.moe/u/thread/1274386/ Horii Kisuke, also known as Raku-Gun, may be her partner; she's the writer/artist of Tie Breaker. Since they live together it's more of an assumption that they're in a relationship, but since they've known each other since vocational school that might match up with the 10 years info given on that panel. Also their art styles are similar.

Edit: whoops, should've checked both sides of the story. Jin clarified that they aren't in a relationship, thus the mysterious partner shall remain unknown. https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=10550

I've read somewhere that the partner is Horii Kisuke but they aren't in a romantic relationship. Partner doesn't mean lover.

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 6:29AM

joined May 28, 2013

For some reason, I don't like Nao. Anyone else annoyed by the fact she pretty much made a move on Aoi when she was very vulnerable? Seems like a scumbag move to me.

Forgive me for having to say this so rudely...so please don't take this as a personal attack or as me saying this is typical of you or that I think I'm better etc. etc. etc., but quite frankly if you see it as Nao making a move on Aoi when she's vulnerable then you have completely misinterpreted everything to this point and missed the mark so badly you hit the target next to yours.

Nao simply was comforting Aoi the way she knows how. None of their kisses have meant anything beyond a form of communication to this point to Aoi. Ironically the kiss is only hurting Nao if anyone. The one in this chapter was the start of Nao's aggression but it was not during a time of Aoi's vulnerability.

Chihiro is flitting around with a stupid game that makes me question the depth of her love. If you do that in real life, you usually lose if love is a game. And if love is a game on another level, making a move on someone who is vulnerable is not a douche move depending on the circumstance. You harbor your own feelings and if you decide to start conveying them, you are forcing the other person to take responsibility for those feelings to the extent they feel. It does not matter how you do so. Some ways are correct in situations, some are not (some are just always wrong like rape but that's a topic for another time).

Nao has been completely selfless in the way she has approached this situation. She simply did not want Aoi to be hurt. She has been in love with her for a while now, but she refused to make a move, and until now has not resolved to do so at all.

Maybe it's just a difference in opinions or view points, I think you're looking at it from a manga point and I'm taking a more real life approach aha (: If you put yourself in Aoi's shoes, you have unrequited love and you're feeling like crap. Do you A) Want your friend to cheer you up or B)make out with you literally out of the blue. How does option B reflect a selfless action? It clearly does not make sense. (Hence why from my point of view, it is a douche move). But obviously, anything goes in manga land :D

For some reason, I don't like Nao. Anyone else annoyed by the fact she pretty much made a move on Aoi when she was very vulnerable? Seems like a scumbag move to me

Say what? If you got a chance take it right?

This is precisely what I mean by a scumbag move! Taking chances is good, yes, but obviously the situation needs to be read. If a some took advantage of a drunk girl, is that also considered "taking a chance"?

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 9:03AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Am I the only one that's more interested in the gag page at the end..? xD

joined Sep 9, 2013

No just NO. when Nao knew the game Chihiro was playing she has a choice to make and to me she made the wrong one. If she was selfless she would have taken a step back but instead would rather keep Aoi in the dark and decide to be a player in this game. She may love Aoi but by no means is she selfless. Also it EXTREMELY matters how you convey your feelings especially if "YOU" know that person is unsure and vulnerable. How Nao comforts Aoi can easily be seen as manipulation. I do not dislike Nao at all but lets not put her as some selfless protector. People are people and we are selfish and are willing to do things that are not on the up and up to get what we want and I see Nao just being human. A big reason I love this writer's work

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 1:41PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I want more story on Aoi....

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

So the battle begins. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

This story is priceless! Just priceless!!
Its one of tops on my looking-forward-to-each-chapter-stories-list :3

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I think the most pointed thing that could be said about Chihiro is that, for all her possessiveness, she isn't actually in love with Aoi. It seems like she just enjoys Aoi as a "cute thing" to play around with, and not even a particularly important one at that; if you aren't sure about someone's feelings, watching their reaction while you get closer with someone else is an understandably dumb thing to do, but if you're this confident about it, why would you actively distance yourself from them?

Even if she wanted to bait Aoi into a tearful confession because it'd be cute, I can think of a million different ways she could be making Aoi get all flustered and blushy in the meantime just by subtly flirting with her a little, while still waiting for her to confess first. But she doesn't seem to care all that much about actually being close to Aoi, or provoking cute reactions from her, and apparently she has little sense of jealousy when someone else gets close to Aoi. More than that, it seems like watching that third party strike out with Aoi is part of the fun.

In a lot of ways, rather than liking Aoi, or being fond of cute things, Chihiro's actions seem more in line with someone who gets off on twisting other people's feelings around her. She wants to see Aoi get super worked up about confessing, she's happy to play with Shino's enthusiastic affection, she's trying to push Nao towards fruitlessly pursuing Aoi, believing that Nao will self-destruct because of Aoi's unwavering one-sided love, and all the heartbreak and tension and fallout will all have Chihiro at its root. Put another way, she wants to be Helen of Troy, and revel in her own little Trojan War.

that was beautiful lol. SCREW HELEN!! lol. and....

I don't know, I've also read Nao as taking advantage during Aoi's most vunerable moments. I mean, she says these kisses are just to make her feel better or they dont count lol but really, I mean if someone came up and kissed me even though I liked someone else, I would be like hey stop wtf. Though ofc Aoi doesn't mind, because its a manga, blah blah blah.

y'know, just cause you're in love with someone, doesn't mean all your attraction to others just ups and disappears. you CAN be attracted to someone you're not in love with, which could be the case why aoi didn't go WTF DUDE to nao when she was kissed. has nothing to do with it just being a manga lol.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Heh, Definitely rooting for them.How many times did they kiss already! xD

Don't know much about manga artists and their habits but if Shuninta's a top, then... OK.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I only know that manga comes from Nippon and the anime adaptation comes next.

joined Apr 1, 2013

I love the little exchange Nao and Chihiro have on page 18, chapter 4 - priceless :D

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Can't believe Takemiya sensei will actually draw a yandere Chihiro out xDDDD

Chihiro is really scary :O

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Um..the character Chihiro makes me feel uncomfortable xD

She goes "I have calculated and make perfect plans in my mind just so Aoi could confess to me"

(._. )..

but Ok, Chihiro and Nao are now rivals, trying to get Aoi xDDDD
this manga is getting interesting

last edited at Dec 27, 2014 12:13PM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Ok are you saying this manga is gonna get an anime or just that this is animes are created. (I know that part)

And you people are crazy, Jin is the top.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ok are you saying this manga is gonna get an anime or just that this is animes are created. (I know that part)

And you people are crazy, Jin is the top.

Lol totally a top! Hehehe >_<

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ Really ? Jin gives me bottom vibes :o

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

l,, that Jin x Shuninta/Shuninta x Jin debate. I would have seen it as more Jin x Shuninta myself. :P Can I ask, what about the mangaka gives you top/bottom vibes?

To reply you must either login or sign up.