Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

Screen%20shot%202021-07-24%20at%206.19.18%20pm
joined Jul 24, 2021

Should be good now I believe, sorry about that. Nice avatar btw.

Thanks and thanks! Watagiri Saya really left me spoiled for choice picking an avatar, it was hard to settle! Still, very jealous of the poster with Azusa's galaxy realization look

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Going back to April, we've introduced a few new, fairly specific tags to continue rounding out the database. Anyone interested in helping with suggesting works that need these tags are welcome to participate:

Long strip
Couple life
Mature
Finger Licking
Ramen
Angel
Suicide

Please see the bottom of the FAQ for instructions on suggesting (existing) tags. Please read the respective tag descriptions before suggesting, it will save us both a little sorrow! Thank you!

last edited at Jul 28, 2021 11:08PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Going back to April, we've introduced a few new, fairly specific tags to continue rounding out the database. Anyone interested in helping with suggesting works that need these tags are welcome to participate:

Long strip
Couple life
Mature
Finger Licking
Ramen
Angel
Suicide

Please see the bottom of the FAQ for instructions on suggesting (existing) tags. Please read the respective tag descriptions before suggesting, it will save us both a little sorrow! Thank you!

I just thought I would add my two cents after being redirected from the Ends of a Dream discussion. Although I think it's nice to put up tags to warn people about potentially triggering content, please take into consideration that there are cases where more specific traumatic content tags like Suicide can be extreme spoilers for some stories and that in those instances it may be a better compromise to stick with more broad warning tags such as Angst and Drama or Depressing as Fuck.

In the case of "Ends of a Dream," it could probably use a slightly stiffer warning than Drama without it being too spoilery. Not much gets to me badly, but that one has some seriously gutting stuff in it for those who have lived something similar.

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 3:53AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Looking East posted:

In the case of "Ends of a Dream," it could probably use a slightly stiffer warning than Drama without it being too spoilery. Not much gets to me badly, but that one has some seriously gutting stuff in it for those who have lived something similar.

Maybe general Trigger Warning tag for those cases?

Young Blasarius
F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

I would second the use of a Trigger Warning tag, and perhaps have it apply more broadly to such content that warrants a warning (suicide, rape, mutilation, etc.), but would otherwise constitute a major spoiler if tagged as such directly. My worry is that if the Trigger Warning tag is used too narrowly (such as only for suicide), it would be no different than having tagged it directly, as a reader would still be able to guess what the Trigger Warning tag contains, and would thus serve no purpose in hiding narrative spoilers.

It’s difficult to find a balance between properly advising readers what they are in for, accurately tagging for search results and filtering, and outright spoiling the story in the tags. Does Dynasty have any kind of “invisible tagging” function, that is recognized by individual blacklists and the search bar, but is not visibly displayed in the tags list?

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 11:30PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Looking East posted:

I just thought I would add my two cents after being redirected from the Ends of a Dream discussion. Although I think it's nice to put up tags to warn people about potentially triggering content, please take into consideration that there are cases where more specific traumatic content tags like Suicide can be extreme spoilers for some stories and that in those instances it may be a better compromise to stick with more broad warning tags such as Angst and Drama or Depressing as Fuck.

We do keep spoilers in mind when making tagging decisions and that won't change. Personally, I'd like to begin moving past this for works that are a year or more past their initial post date. The utility of avoiding spoilers can turn into frustrating inconsistencies and a functional inability to use the backlog when looking up tags like Yandere. I won't go into further details lest I say anything controversial that misleads anyone into believing change is coming, but it's an ongoing discussion.

Suicide was added specifically given we've had multiple requests about it, and there are a dozen or so stories where it's a dominant theme without being a spoiler at all. Due to busyness, I'm yet to do the tagging work or have any tricky situations to figure out. (No word on Ends of a Dream yet, but I really do think Depressing as Fuck encapsulates the first chapter well, so we'll wait and see what ch 2 brings.)

Young Blasarius posted:

It’s difficult to find a balance between properly advising readers what they are in for, accurately tagging for search results and filtering, and outright spoiling the story in the tags. Does Dynasty have any kind of “invisible tagging” function, that is recognized by individual blacklists and the search bar, but is not visibly displayed in the tags list?

Sort've repeating some posts I've made in the past. Implementing a proper spoiler tagging system would cause a lot of issues as the site is currently designed. Doing it would take gargantuan effort and demand restricting other parts alongside it. Never say never, but it's not remotely a priority just due to the work involved.

I would second the use of a Trigger Warning tag, and perhaps have it apply more broadly to such content that warrants a warning (suicide, rape, mutilation, etc.), but would otherwise constitute a major spoiler if tagged as such directly. My worry is that if the Trigger Warning tag is used too narrowly (such as only for suicide), it would be no different than having tagged it directly, as a reader would still be able to guess what the Trigger Warning tag contains, and would thus serve no purpose in hiding narrative spoilers.

We take spoilers very seriously, leaving broad content warning tags very tricky to balance. Your phrasing does work out convincingly though; maybe the Depressing as Fuck or Tragedy tag could just be folded into something like that? Could encapsulate any number of other triggering items left un-tagged to keep us from telegraphing what the warning is for, specifically. This still leaves the unfortunate battle between spoilers and content warnings reigning in some instances.

My personal preference is to create the equivalent of Trigger Warning (Read the first post in the forum thread) that includes all tags missing from a given work due to concerns over spoilers. In some cases, positive tags like Marriage have been left off of deserving work because this is a spoiler. In more neutral cases, tags like Incest or Cheating have been left off for fear of spoilers. This Missing tags tag would encompass all scenarios, and direct readers to some place (the final page, the first post of the forum, or maybe both) if they needed more information before reading. We could also fold what runrin did for Ponko into this implementation, as well.

Thus far, this thought is as far as I've gotten in figuring out how to avoid this division between spoilers and sensitivity. However, it also opens any number of other issues. The administration involved would be nightmarish and tagging older works functionally impossible. This doesn't address my earlier-stated concerns over searching the backlog. It also opens up new issues entirely - does the presence of such a system encourage us to apply tags like Tragedy even less consistently, given that we have a more comprehensive out? How do we succinctly communicate to people what the tag means and how they should use it? There's a lot, it's tough.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 12:38AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, and thanks so much for all the tagging help thus far! You folks are super amazing, I really appreciate it.

Young Blasarius
F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

You have changed my mind about the Trigger Warning tag. As they are now, I think theAngst, Drama, Tragedy and Depressing as Fuck tags serve the same purpose that Trigger Warning would, provide ample warning, and are broad enough to mostly preclude spoilers, while not being so broad or vague as to make search and blacklist useless (as I suspect Trigger Warning would).

Personally, I have found that the way tags are currently handled do a pretty good job of warning about content without telegraphing the narrative. As long as the Suicide tag - and any future content-specific tag - is only used when it constitutes an obvious dominant theme, as you said, then I trust the discretion of the site staff.

Also, just a shout-out to the site staff, in general. It's easy to forget just how much work and thought goes into keeping something like this running. It's great that you manage to remain so open and transparent.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 10:23AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I couldn't help but notice the upload request page misspells "binbou" as "bibnou"
https://dynasty-scans.com/requests

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

Hi, I just came from The Ends of a Dream discussion. I am interested in a tag for old people.
I think it would work for this story or this image
I don't know if you need a certain amount of people who want this tag to make it a reality, but since stories with old people are rare that's why I want a tag specifically for that. They are interesting to me because of the generational gap.
And sorry if my english sucks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

I couldn't help but notice the upload request page misspells "binbou" as "bibnou"
https://dynasty-scans.com/requests

Thankss I'll fix it.

Smolgirl posted:

Hi, I just came from The Ends of a Dream discussion. I am interested in a tag for old people.
I think it would work for this story or this image
I don't know if you need a certain amount of people who want this tag to make it a reality, but since stories with old people are rare that's why I want a tag specifically for that. They are interesting to me because of the generational gap.
And sorry if my english sucks.

Your English is awesome. It's one we're tossing around for a while, it may show up in the next batch of additions!

On that note, Fairy Tale is now a tag.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

Can someone clarify what kind of exception prompted the licensed My Sweet Home anthology chapters to be posted here? I've seen cases where series with scanlations well ahead of the (typically large publisher's) official English release continue, but this is a 170pg+ doujin anthology that has been fully available in English since March for like $14, so it's kind of disheartening to see it appear here piecemeal.

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 4:19AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm still not totally clear on the details, but I believe it was just a mistake of ignorance. The chapters have been removed and things are hopefully cleared up now.

joined Aug 29, 2019

My personal preference is to create the equivalent of Trigger Warning (Read the first post in the forum thread) that includes all tags missing from a given work due to concerns over spoilers. In some cases, positive tags like Marriage have been left off of deserving work because this is a spoiler. In more neutral cases, tags like Incest or Cheating have been left off for fear of spoilers. This Missing tags tag would encompass all scenarios, and direct readers to some place (the final page, the first post of the forum, or maybe both) if they needed more information before reading. We could also fold what runrin did for Ponko into this implementation, as well.

What runrin did there has indeed been the best implementation of TW I've seen so far. Pointing the readers to the first thread post (with the respective Missing tags hidden below spoiler bars, I'd assume) also seems like a fantastic idea and easier to implement than "offloading" it onto the TL teams which may or may not get the memo.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The site was down for roughly the last 12 hours. This was a problem with the server itself, the site returns fully functional and all is well. Don't anticipate any further problems.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

yay it's back!

Melody
joined Nov 5, 2014

I'm pretty sure we lost an upload? I was reading one called Mutually Unrequited Love or something with Adults and Wholesome tag, has gone missing. Unless it got removed on purpose?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, we did. Here's the forum thread. Select artists that work with Yuri Hub will not be uploaded here for the foreseeable future, my apologies for the inconvenience. You may follow Yuri Hub on Twitter if you'd like to, they may post their own version there.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I promised a long time ago to cover things we missed earlier in the year, so here we are for that to finally happen. If you posted in January, February, or March and never got a proper response, you'll find what you want below (or you may post again.

It is safe to assume that any errors, tag corrections (or accepted suggestions), or artist additions from that time period have been addressed, however I will not address them here individually, as there's nothing for me to add for now. FAQ and Markdown changes will come shortly.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

bdole posted:

OrangePekoe posted:

It would be faster to have your username deleted, but I'll have to ask about using the same email afterwards. If that's what you'd like, please let me know.

As long as I can use the same email deleteing is fine. If not then dunno.

Hey, I can delete your account now if you'd like; you would keep the same email.

kletete posted:

Hi! I wanted to ask if it would be possible to change my username here. If so, I would like to change it. If only time is an issue, I dont mind waiting.

Hello, I'm now able to change your username if you'd still like that to happen.

Jessyca posted:

is there any way I can change my username?

Hello, yes I am able to change your username if you'd still like that to happen.

cyricc posted:

I made a couple more userscripts to add to the userscripts post:

Finally addressed these in the proper thread. Sorry, I swore we had settled on them being added to the main post, but it seems to have just been lost in the wayside.

juanelric posted:

Can this get a "Manuba x Senri x Spica" tag? Or "Manuba x Senri" + "Spica x Senri".
https://dynasty-scans.com/images/17563

I'm not really in that section but for the time being, none of the original characters / pairings for artists will be tagged unless otherwise relevant (they show up doujins, official work, etc.).

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 12:45PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Am seeing something weird with tag searches.
If I just do a search on the supernatural tag I get this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/search?page=50&q=&sort=&with%5B%5D=5148
Which seem to end at page 50 at 2014?

If I add NSFW I get this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/search?q=&with%5B%5D=5148&with%5B%5D=5179&sort=
Which on page 14 goes to 2021?

Seems like the first search is missing anything after 2014? I poked around through the pages and didn't see anything after that year?

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

^ seems to just be a 50 page limit, you can search by release date and it'll list from '21 to '16

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
Thanks, I learned something new

joined Jun 2, 2017

Hey, so I submitted an image upload request and was wondering, was I supposed to upload it to a site like Imgur first and then put the link to that?

To reply you must either login or sign up.