Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

joined Oct 22, 2018

I like the site's clean look.

Would it be nice if some functions are available even if the client has JavaScript disabled?

ObsessiveFingerLicker
Half
joined Sep 18, 2021

With a new Black Rock Shooter anime announced, I thought it was a good idea upload some BRS images here. So, I gathered all BRS images from my collection and curated possible uploads. There are precisely 390 images in total (10 of them need to be translated). Should I open a normal upload request? How can I make the uploaders' work easier?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

With a new Black Rock Shooter anime announced, I thought it was a good idea upload some BRS images here. So, I gathered all BRS images from my collection and curated possible uploads. There are precisely 390 images in total (10 of them need to be translated). Should I open a normal upload request? How can I make the uploaders' work easier?

My suggestion would be to pick one or two images which you favour the most and request them for the next batch. Then wait a few days and repeat the process for the one after that and so on.

The images are uploaded in batches of 36, every three or four days, and every batch will contain a variety of franchises and pairings, you will never see an entire batch made up of a single franchise. The more popular ones, like vtubers and Touhou, will get more more slots per batch (but even then we are talking single digits), while something like BRS will likely get one slot, perhaps two if lucky, I would think.

Also, what images get uploaded is entirely up to the staffer in charge of that section, and knowing him I would suggest picking quality ones when making your requests.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 4:33PM

ObsessiveFingerLicker
Half
joined Sep 18, 2021

My suggestion would be to pick one or two images which you favour the most and request them for the next batch. Then wait a few days and repeat the process for the one after that and so on.

The images are uploaded in batches of 36, every three or four days, and every batch will contain a variety of franchises and pairings, you will never see an entire batch made up of a single franchise. The more popular ones, like vtubers and Touhou, will get more more slots per batch (but even then we are talking single digits), while something like BRS will likely get one slot, perhaps two if lucky, I would think.

Also, what images get uploaded is entirely up to the staffer in charge of that section, and knowing him I would suggest picking quality ones when making your requests.

Ok, thank you.

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 12:09PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Given how rarely we get Marvel posts here, and how much crossover there is between Marvel properties, I think Spider-Man doesn't need a separate tag. Can it be merged to the Marvel one?

joined Jan 31, 2021

Can you guys place a manga called "kyokou suiri" on dynasty readers?
Another name for this manga is "invented inference"
This manga is about a girl who can talk to spirits and resolve their incidents

joined Jun 5, 2018

Isnt that thing licensed though? I mean, dynasty actually isnt a grey area manga site where manga translation is uploaded. They seem to respect official translation picking up (most of the time, Im actually not sure if this is a rule)

And the english version is called In/spectre officially.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Are novel illustrations allowed on the image gallery?

Like this one. It's from a Sono Hanabira web novel.

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 7:54PM

Yurifan Extraordinaire
joined Sep 26, 2021

Hello. New account here. How do you make those arrows that denote which comment you're replying to? like > but pointing upwards

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 3:19AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's a circumflex accent. If you're on your cellphone or you have a Portuguese keyboard, it should be easy to type it down.

Edit: this might help you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 3:24AM

Yurifan Extraordinaire
joined Sep 26, 2021

Thanks

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Friends, I was out for a while with bad internet. If you've requested a manga (not image) in the last ~6 weeks and haven't seen a response, please feel free to dm me or re-request it. If we want it on the site, will do my best to get it up asap.

And, I'll reply to any outstanding questions in this thread soon. Thank you for your patience!

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

Can you guys add Night mode for the web?
Thanks

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Thanks

I use DarkReader, an extension available on Chrome and Firefox, and it works on Dynasty as well

joined Jun 5, 2018

Hello, this author has two works uploaded with something called "bell": https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/yuuki_eishi
These are identical - although by different scans. One is tagged as sequel, which is wrong.

Maybe remove one? Or maybe at least remove the sequel tag and make a duplicate tag instead. (If this occurs more tha once)

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Okay, I've been pondering this for a while, and I have to ask: why is the dark skin tag an exception to the normal tagging rules?
If you look at any other tag related to appearance, like animal ears or glasses, it says that these tags shouldn't be added to every single picture of a character that normally has those attributes. Makes sense.
So why is every post with a character with dark skin tagged that?

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, I've been pondering this for a while, and I have to ask: why is the dark skin tag an exception to the normal tagging rules?
If you look at any other tag related to appearance, like animal ears or glasses, it says that these tags shouldn't be added to every single picture of a character that normally has those attributes. Makes sense.

Because dark skin is precious and needs to be accessible for everyone to see!

...Please ignore this.

To be honest, I'd rather have all pictures (even those with animal ears/glasses) tagged with the corresponding tags, because there are a lot of shows/games with characters that have such characteristics and I can't really look them up because I'm not familiar with them. But I also understand why they wouldn't be tagged, so idk

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Bugpope posted:

There's no simple or comprehensive answer, I'm afraid. There's a very long discussion one could have about this. I wrote up a longer post but I think it's more effective to just summarise for now:

1) The original "rule" is very old, and has never been applied that consistently.

2) We had an overwhelming number of tag requests for Korra images to be tagged with Dark skin. Given the great help such tagging may be with searching (and how easy it is to search for non-derivative content), they were accepted.

3) It's likely when the site is updated in the next ~6 months that we'll have much better tools to tag accurately without loss or inconvenience in the process. Sorting all content into two separate categories (Derivative versus Non-derivative) would doubtless be a painful process, but something along these lines would likely address both sides of this particular issue. So, as with some other discussions had here before (`Spoilers), perhaps it's all a temporary game.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

To be honest, I'd rather have all pictures (even those with animal ears/glasses) tagged with the corresponding tags, because there are a lot of shows/games with characters that have such characteristics and I can't really look them up because I'm not familiar with them. But I also understand why they wouldn't be tagged, so idk

And, to address this specifically, finding some way of doing so without bothering people who dislike derivative content is the ideal outcome. It's something I'm open to listening to opinions on (even when no solutions are offered), but it's a minor and distant problem atm.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Making replies to missed things now.

For Image section stuff

juanelric posted:

I was wondering, if I submit a picture with a boyish or short-haired character, do I have to specify it's a girl? Because some pictures I request don't get uploaded and I wonder if that's the reason.

No, there's no need for that. I'd say in general if an image isn't uploaded, the reason is just that there are too many requests and not enough screenspace to go around.

Just wondering: why doesn't this just use the Marvel tag?

Not sure, but I've passed it along for now.

Are novel illustrations allowed on the image gallery?

Like this one. It's from a Sono Hanabira web novel.

"Not preferred but if it's high quality enough, it'll be added" is the general stance on that, I believe.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

This was a comprehensive and effective answer, thank you for making it.

last edited at Oct 5, 2021 9:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The rest

Doctor_Hoot posted:

Someone linking to suspicious sites (rule 5):

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/726331

Somewhat related: would it be possible to add link(s) to the description of Otherside Picnic's page where people can legally support the series, or at least the novel? (And to make it obvious at a glance that it's an adaptation of the novel?)

This is the official site of the novel's publisher: https://j-novel.club/series/otherside-picnic

And the one for the manga: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/series/OP1/otherside-picnic

Just an idea, but I can recognize that it's not standard practice, and I assume there are reasons for that

Thanks. I think we'll add a Light Novel Adaptation tag or something like that. I'll add some links, and also expect this to be our standard practice in the not-too-distant future.

Garett posted:

I like the site's clean look.

Would it be nice if some functions are available even if the client has JavaScript disabled?

Thanks. Anything in particular you'd have in mind?

juanelric posted:

Can this chapter have the Aoi x Himari tag added?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kira_kira_precure_a_la_mode_ch10
Also, could you guys censor the NSFW credit pages in this series so I can share it with my fellow Precure fans?

Hmm going to say no on the tag for now, as we really only use those for derivative works (I think). Unfortunately, it's against our rules to remove any content included with an upload, without first contacting the people involved. I've done so, so we'll see.

Azure0285Reader posted:

You may use the Upload Request form for official requests. For now, my answer is an unfortunate no, but I've added it to the queue to consider if someone else on staff has a different view.

Trafalgar posted:

Thanks

Not right now, sorry. It will be added eventually, but please don't hold anyone's breath here.

bubuu posted:

Hello, this author has two works uploaded with something called "bell": https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/yuuki_eishi
These are identical - although by different scans. One is tagged as sequel, which is wrong.

Maybe remove one? Or maybe at least remove the sequel tag and make a duplicate tag instead. (If this occurs more tha once)

Thanks, Duplicate tag added. I'm quite confused by the Sequel tag there, as I'm almost certain it was not an accident...I'll have to look into a bit further before touching that.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

According to the comments, this image is the actual cover to the latest light novel.

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/20418

Folks in the comment section becoming quite distressed that their suggestions to tag this with the Official tag are being rejected.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Vankomycin posted:

According to the comments, this image is the actual cover to the latest light novel.

https://dynasty-scans.com/images/20418

Folks in the comment section becoming quite distressed that their suggestions to tag this with the Official tag are being rejected.

Looks to have been addressed now. The spam is gone too, thanks both.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just some housekeeping notes below:

We'll soon be adding some more new tags, suggestions are open once again for the next ~48 hours. Repeats of old suggestions are fine too.

New uploads under Long strip will have a page titled "00_dynasty" inserted before the beginning of the work demonstrating the resize button, as this has consistently been shown to be unused by a sizeable portion of readers. In series', this page will only appear before the first chapter. I hope it's helpful!

Additionally, resized pages will now have a standardized width along with the rest of the chapter. I know there were some issues with pages within the same chapter being different widths, which caused all sorts of display issues, especially on uncommon aspect ratios. Those issues should be alleviated now.

Any troubles related to Long strip chapters (or anything, really) should please be reported here (or elsewhere relevant) with as much detail as possible. I anticipate a few larger changes to image functionality in the next few months, but for the time being we'll do our best with the tools we have. Thank you.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Question: are all manhwa going to be listened under the "long strip" tag for convenience?

To reply you must either login or sign up.