Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

Just rename this manga to Useless Princesses 2 at this point.

The basic elements of this situation is something that happens constantly in real life. You fall in love with somebody who is a friend over time, you confess, they reject you but they still want to be friends and don't want to hurt you, but you distance yourself from them because it is the only real way to protect yourself.

In fact, it's likely how the vast majority of confessions end up, especially at their age.

The "I don't deserve to be on their stage" thing shared by Nekozaki and Kurosawa from Useless Princesses is pretty fucking weird, though, and hard to relate with. My self esteem is so low it is practically negative, but I would still never reject somebody I like's confession because I suspect I know better than them that they will be miserable with me (which I can only guess is the real underlying thought at play here, at least in Nekozaki's case).

last edited at May 26, 2021 6:36AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Useless Princess spotted off the port bow. Batten down the hatches. Ring for collision.

Nekozaki:.. kill me
Mikoto: hold my beer

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Shit just got real.

Also, ponytail mikoto is best mikoto!

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Just rename this manga to Useless Princesses 2 at this point.

The basic elements of this situation is something that happens constantly in real life. You fall in love with somebody who is a friend over time, you confess, they reject you but they still want to be friends and don't want to hurt you, but you distance yourself from them because it is the only real way to protect yourself.

In fact, it's likely how the vast majority of confessions end up, especially at their age.

The "I don't deserve to be on their stage" thing shared by Nekozaki and Kurosawa from Useless Princesses is pretty fucking weird, though, and hard to relate with. My self esteem is so low it is practically negative, but I would still never reject somebody I like's confession because I suspect I know better than them that they will be miserable with me (which I can only guess is the real underlying thought at play here, at least in Nekozaki's case).

Mmm, idk… though i haven’t read UP for quite a while (i stopped reading it by the time the childhood friend appeared out of nowhere), i recall that the forced drama in it was because basically every one was an idiot.

Here bakazaki might actually have a real reason to why she is so dense. I mean, a couple of chapters ago she hinted that she might have killed her father, and we also have a sort of undercover fbi officer investigating her like if she had commited some sort of crime. So at least we have something else than “i hate life and myself because reasons”. I’m gonna give it a shot, let’s hope arata iri doesn’t blow it.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Speaking from my own experiences as a 17 years old from more than a decade ago, I can tell your self esteem is not negative enough. I did exactly that when I was 17 and stupid, and it poisoned my relationships for years afterward. It was one of the biggest regrets of my life.
Seeing Nekozaki doing exactly that here makes me cringe for being too relatable.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch13#19

I like where is this going on now. This is so fresh. I lov'it!

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Yeah this isn’t really UP. It’s had convenient interruption prevents relationship progress stuff a bit too much, but otherwise their relationship feels gentle, fragile, and very beautiful. There’s a shitload of nerves on both sides, and Nekozaki’s confusing mix of responses makes sense to me.

Nekozaki is a pretty clear candidate for quadrant 4, in the bottom right.

C5zl3ltvmaafkub
joined Apr 21, 2021

idk, i totally understand nekozaki being this stupid.. it makes sense for her character, and if you read the first version of this story, mikoto gets frustrated towards the end because she doesnt understand why nekozaki keeps pushing her away. we're probably headed in that direction now too, just with a more drawn out setup. i'm having fun at least

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

menacingly undresses

last edited at May 31, 2021 12:23AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

menacingly undresses

Reminds me of a certain scene in a different manga by the same author.

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

Uh didn’t Nekozaki say something like she can’t go back home cuz she killed the people she loved and also, later on we get a hint that she may have killed her father?

Also, in chapter 5, as Mikoto thinks to herself “if this is love, then I’d be so happy” as Nekozaki thinks “if this is love, then it’d make me sick”?

Like even if they make up and all, I feel just a biiit worried for Mikoto...

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Yeah this isn’t really UP. It’s had convenient interruption prevents relationship progress stuff a bit too much, but otherwise their relationship feels gentle, fragile, and very beautiful. There’s a shitload of nerves on both sides, and Nekozaki’s confusing mix of responses makes sense to me.

Nekozaki is a pretty clear candidate for quadrant 4, in the bottom right.

This is a real good point, Nekozaki is quite obviously sending confusing signals to Mikoto when she's both making moves on her and then getting cold feet later. If we consider her as a person with fearful attachments, then this makes perfect sense. Also, judging from the hints dropped regarding her background, there might be solid reasons why she has developed such a social deficiency.

Overall, I very much like this development, maybe different from many readers here. It was definitely foreshadowed more than enough and makes complete sense for each character involved. Nekozaki's fear of attachment made her say something she immediately came to regret and for the story to continue, she will need to learn to deal with her emotional problems better. Mikoto is also right to be hurt, people like Nekozaki can be emotionally draining and are often the kind of people dragging you into emotionally abusive relationships, so growth will be necessary.
Having just started the series recently, I was surprised how serious it often becomes. I know Arata Iri mostly for whacky comedy (which I love), so seeing these different elements was interesting. Personally, I think she handled things well so far

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Poor Tsubasa, she just had to be on the same team as Bakazaki.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was indeed the most fun sports match I've ever seen. :D

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Its nice to see an angry Mikoto lol

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

I love the angst in this one.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Finally fricking communication is near

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Lmao I love how serious and normal tsubaki is in contrast to nekozaki who was going through her thing. I now have a better opinion of her

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Man thsi nekozaki girl is sooooooooo idiotic.

I really don't like to read anymore of this

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Angry Mikoto looked cool. Plus, the ponytail~

The fierce d e t e r m i n a t i o n leading up to that pathetic service was a cruel reminder of my volleyball games in PE class...

I loved the mandatory the troubled character figures out the solution to their problem, with people screaming in the background, all while the ball is still floating weightlessly in the air. It just fits so well in this manga! XD

I thought this was a fun chapter. Yes, it was ridiculous, but that's what I expect to see from this and I'd say it was done just fine this time~

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Hmm, signs are pointing towards a Yozora/Takkun arc after Nekozaki stops running away from Mikoto's feelings - I'm looking forward to it!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

While I appreciate Nekozaki starting to figure out her feelings, I feel like the resolution actually is too quick. Considering just how deep and severe her problems seem to be, resolving it all in such a short amount of time would feel kind of cheap to me

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

The scariest ones are always the nicest people when they get mad at someone.

joined Sep 11, 2019

We're getting somewhere.
But who knows if this will end in the next chapter or after

To reply you must either login or sign up.