Forum › Confession - After discussion

joined Aug 2, 2018

Keeping some random Japanese was just kinda unnecessary for the translation. Just made the whole japanglish situation so awkward. Like old school early 2000s fan translations

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

So... in page 27/65, in response to Mika's "you're lying", Yotsuba thinks "yeah"... is this some dumb being in denial phase or is she really not reciprocating her feelings and accepting just because? Am I being pessimistic or just dense?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

So... in page 27/65, in response to Mika's "you're lying", Yotsuba thinks "yeah"... is this some dumb being in denial phase or is she really not reciprocating her feelings and accepting just because? Am I being pessimistic or just dense?

She was lying about the extent of her feelings to make up for the fact that she responded happily to the guy confessing with her, she’s still into Mika or she wouldn’t have gone for her over him but the “you make my heart beat more than anyone else” might have been an exaggeration. The experience seems more honest for those conditioned by comphet than her just being head over heels for the girl immediately.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 4:05PM

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

This is so cute omg

joined May 1, 2015

Yotsuba is pissing me off. You cannot be wishy washi about this.

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Yuri shall prevail over any het!

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

i liked it but the ending quite confuses me

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 5:43PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Title is a Lie

Also, come on translator youncan translate etto and ano. You have the power!

872f6125-d376-4c56-b454-2ea11e45ebc7
joined Jul 7, 2017

uwuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuuwuwuwuwuwuwuwu
MY HEART

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

What's Yankee x Jerky? Anyone knows about it?

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

^
Werewolf girl falls for normal girl because she feeds her delicious jerky.
Werewolf girl will now eat normal girl (but in a different way than the jerky).

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

^
Werewolf girl falls for normal girl because she feeds her delicious jerky.
Werewolf girl will now eat normal girl (but in a different way than the jerky).

Bit concerned till I read the brackets lol

joined Oct 18, 2020

Keeping some random Japanese was just kinda unnecessary for the translation. Just made the whole japanglish situation so awkward. Like old school early 2000s fan translations

Title is a Lie

Also, come on translator youncan translate etto and ano. You have the power!

Hi, Translator here.

I wanted to experiment a little bit by mixing up those bits to try make it sound more natural and overall make the translation less stiff. I've had tried to translate the ano-s and etto-s (like any normal translator would) in my earlier projects and there were some who complained about my translation being stiff because of it, so I just went ahead with my plan. Looks like it ended up being inconsistent and making the translation a complete mess with full of unnessecary japanglish (like the first user said). I'll try to balance it out and crucially learn to translate those bits in a comfortable-to-read manner in the future. This was just a quick side project but i guess i should've not underestimated internet people's scrutiny over every tiny thing lol.

Thanks for the advices!

last edited at Jul 23, 2021 12:08AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

She was lying about the extent of her feelings to make up for the fact that she responded happily to the guy confessing with her, she’s still into Mika or she wouldn’t have gone for her over him but the “you make my heart beat more than anyone else” might have been an exaggeration. The experience seems more honest for those conditioned by comphet than her just being head over heels for the girl immediately.

I feel like it's a kind of denial to herself as well, because she DID spend the whole day discombobulated over Mika. She keeps thinking it's "just" this little thing or that about Mika even though it's building up bigger and bigger and immediately negates that "Yeah" with the "But, after all, Furuse Mika, you really are unfair". She's realizing herself she's not exactly being honest when she minimizes her feelings.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow they’re both really popular huh

joined Aug 2, 2018

I wanted to experiment a little bit by mixing up those bits to try make it sound more natural and overall make the translation less stiff. I've had tried to translate the ano-s and etto-s (like any normal translator would) in my earlier projects and there were some who complained about my translation being stiff because of it, so I just went ahead with my plan. Looks like it ended up being inconsistent and making the translation a complete mess with full of unnessecary japanglish (like the first user said). I'll try to balance it out and crucially learn to translate those bits in a comfortable-to-read manner in the future. This was just a quick side project but i guess i should've not underestimated internet people's scrutiny over every tiny thing lol.

Thanks for the advices!

Keep on keeping on! Always room for improvement but the fact that you translated in the first place is still super awesome <3

joined Dec 13, 2020

Thanks for the advices!

Thanks to you for the translation.

joined Aug 14, 2017

I think this upload would have benefitted from more intentionality in the typesetting. A lot of the text is too big for the bubbles, in an unsuitable font, poorly split amongst the lines, or greatly off-center. In some cases it even obscures the art. This, combined with the untranslated Japanese, leaves some room for improvement.

joined Oct 18, 2020

I think this upload would have benefitted from more intentionality in the typesetting. A lot of the text is too big for the bubbles, in an unsuitable font, poorly split amongst the lines, or greatly off-center. In some cases it even obscures the art. This, combined with the untranslated Japanese, leaves some room for improvement.

Hahahah, saw this one coming.

Yeah, it's still far, FAR from perfect. I'm still working out what style of approach that I should use when i'm working with a project. All of the stuffs you mentioned above, I am fully aware of it. My fonts set is still very limited, and I just couldn't make the texts on-center everytime for some reason. I usually change the texts font sizes according to it's relative text bubble size in my other projects, but, the reason I kept the same font size throughout this chapter was me trying to experiment with a different approach. The result of that was this mess of a chapter. It's been something that I've been trying the hardest to imrpove on.

That's why i rather prefer to call my solo group as a 'translation' one and not a 'scanlation' group, because, honestly, i suck at both lol, but translating is just more convenient for me. Having to master a lot of things at once is quite hard.

Welp, in the end, I'm still going to try my best to imrpove though because I genuinely enjoy this part of my life and I love yuri so much.

Thank you very, very much for the advice! I greatly appreciate it. (sorry for commenting a wall of text again guys lol)

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

wait is this a continuation of something or am I dumb

joined Oct 18, 2020

Nope, it's a stand-alone oneshot.

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

I really like seeing the Japanese word/sounds like “etto…” or “ano”. Having watched enough anime… phrases for “umm” or “is that so?” are easily recognizable

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Nope, it's a stand-alone oneshot.

oh, thank you

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I was also confused by the "yeah..." after she asked if she's lying, but it ties back to what she says later when she thinks "...you really are cute". She wasn't saying she was lying

last edited at Oct 4, 2021 8:11AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.