Forum › Lost discussion

HonestYuriHawk
joined Apr 5, 2018

I felt that hard. Quality work but time to go read something happy now.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Damn bitch you live like this

Dayer Uploader
Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Wait, they sell hexagon pizza in Japan?

joined Nov 27, 2017

ow

joined May 24, 2014

Oh I love happy endings!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Seems par for the course for a Sal Jiang story.

I just feel like it's kind of silly...there was an attempt at communication, but never really any proper and full on communication. I'm assuming they broke up...but the "drove into a corner" somewhat makes it sound like the other woman killed herself. Which would be extra shitty.

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 1:27AM

Tsutako
joined Nov 15, 2018

I really like Sal Jiang's art, and I would even if their work was just fluff; but I truly admire their willingness to tell stories that hit at some of the less seemly parts of life and relationship. Every time you read a Sal Jiang story you're in for a ride, and this one is no exception.

I knew what I was in for as soon as Hinata said, "If you don't like guys, then that just means you must like girls," I knew what I was in for. It was like the first big crest on a roller coaster, the one that pauses just long enough for you to see the whole thing laid out ahead of you before plunging into the first steep dive.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

is mio died?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well that was a gut punch. But I can't say I didn't see it coming. Between the Aaaaaangst tag and the fact that Mio never looked happy, It was clear where it was heading. It was a little surprising that Mio just quietly broke camp. I was expecting a big flashy breakup, or maybe even Mio meeting a guy that she actually fell in love with and cheating on Hinata. But it was pretty clear the relationship was domed from the start.

Wait was the story impling that Mio committed suicide? Wow that I think that would call for a Suicide tag.

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 1:35AM

GodDamnItAmy1
joined Mar 28, 2021

big ouchie

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Gaslight, Gatekeep, Girlboss

Guk-hwa
joined Sep 11, 2018

sal jiang girl r u ok

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

did mio die..

joined Sep 27, 2017

sal jiang girl r u ok

Yeah I sometimes genuinely wonder. I think Sal Jiang's works almost always revolve around a couple where either one or both of them are shitty, and neither of them can properly communicate with each other. You know there's a very high chance that the relationship is doomed the very moment you see this author's name on a work. So I hope that the author's personal life is doing okay and they just have an angst kink when it comes to writing.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is a rough one. I can sympathize with both characters here, honestly. If you are the type of person who needs a relationship to be at their happiest, while also being a lesbian, the world of romance can be incredibly unkind, especially if you have any other qualities that makes you more unusual or less desirable in the eyes of society. You end up clinging to a relationship that mostly works, ignoring the parts that don't work, just because you want something to not go sideways for once. Just because the happiness from a relationship that almost works is much better than the way you feel when you're alone.

And then there's Mio. Somebody who values her friend highly and questions her own feelings but is willing to sacrifice her own happiness to grant happiness to someone she cares about. She thinks hurting herself this way is noble and does it up until it finally breaks her. I have been at this level of despair a lot.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I personally don't think Mio committed suicide or anything, over that? doubt it, unless she was already depressed. She was probably exhausted of the relationship, decided to go on a walk or something, and was killed by truck-kun, leading Hinata to feel guilty about it.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Ooh my heart. Ouch

joined Sep 27, 2017

I personally don't think Mio committed suicide or anything, over that? doubt it, unless she was already depressed. She was probably exhausted of the relationship, decided to go on a walk or something, and was killed by truck-kun, leading Hinata to feel guilty about it.

So you're telling me the Isekai sequel is next?

joined Dec 1, 2016

good stuff! but now i need something wholesome to balance it out

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

do you really want to hurt me, do you really want to make me cry ;C

Projecting your own feelings over someone who doesn't feel the same way/isn't as commited is something I'm always dreadfully consious of. You never really know what someone else is thinking, they might respond a certain way simply because of expectations or because they don't want to make it weird, which is something I used to do a lot.

I'd have def put my foot down on a couple instagram tho, not my cup of tea.

joined May 30, 2020

Remember kids, you should always have mutual and earnest consent in any relationship. If you ever feel like the other person isn't as into whatever you're doing as you are, stop and talk about it. Thank you Sal for conveying this message in the most gut wrenching way possible.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It has an oddly unfinished feeling, for me. The other girl is, as far as I can figure, still out there somewhere. I feel like normally the story would continue until she turns up in some way and they hash things out, have their painful breakup and stuff.

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Love can make or break you

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I've heard of real life stories where a person just leaves their house one day, and never return, only to turn up years later in a different part of the country living a totally new life.

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 3:47AM

joined Dec 26, 2015

I heard it's actually a problem in Japan where women would often disappear and it really makes me think about all the boxes we put women in and expect them to just comply

To reply you must either login or sign up.