Forum › Aya's Shop discussion

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

If you had trouble figuring out what was going on then you should try actually reading it is incredibly obvious.

"Try actually reading it".

Yeah...good luck with that. The writing was often largely all over the place.

Okay do me a solid then. Give an idea where to look. outside of the shopkeep saying something that implied the demonkind girl was getting a hard-on, I saw nothing stating overtly that she was futa.

I'm pretty sure that's a dong on page 15 bottom right, but I really had to look for it and didn't notice it anywhere else

Yeah, that certainly looks like a censored (and oddly pointy) peen on that page.
One in the top-center of page 22 as well. The weird shape makes it harder to spot.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 3:27AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

If you had trouble figuring out what was going on then you should try actually reading it is incredibly obvious.

"Try actually reading it".

Yeah...good luck with that. The writing was often largely all over the place.

Okay do me a solid then. Give an idea where to look. outside of the shopkeep saying something that implied the demonkind girl was getting a hard-on, I saw nothing stating overtly that she was futa.

I'm pretty sure that's a dong on page 15 bottom right, but I really had to look for it and didn't notice it anywhere else

Yeah, that certainly looks like a censored (and oddly pointy) peen on that page.
One in the top-center of page 22 as well. The weird shape makes it harder to spot.

Yeah 22 is very much Futa.

For me this is just anothar futa story, what is so special about it?

The hell kind of Futa have you been reading? lmao

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Reading this manga after waking up wasn't a good idea.
Thankfully I'm not the only confused here. I think there might be some potential here but this first chapter is kind of wierd.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Reading this manga after waking up wasn't a good idea.
Thankfully I'm not the only confused here. I think there might be some potential here but this first chapter is kind of wierd.

It's very weird honestly. I think the gist that I can summarize, though I might be wrong, is that at least some of the demons like the woman who went to the brothel are futa, and are a species that "has no concept of rape" but also "are driven by a desire to rape", which is very bizarre for numerous reasons and contradictory. So she wants to use the brothel half-elf is channel those urges I guess. Demons also have some memory fuckery powers, to very conveniently be an additional factor in the "role-play".

Again maybe I'm wrong, but that's the general idea. And again it seems very Omgeverse esq, just a high-fantasy version instead.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 5:00AM

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I feel like this originally started life as a written story, and had a manga drawn up around it by someone who doesn't have a lot of experience making that transition. It's so needlessly verbose and honestly a bit all over the place in terms of understanding what's happening.

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

I gave up at the halfway point of chapter 1, this is gibberish.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Interesting premise. Seems like it's gonna be a "customer of the day" prostitution story (but fantasy genre) where we see Aya grow up by meeting various customers. The main issue right now is there's way too much telling and not enough showing. The transition from the black page was really confusing and I think they coulda handled revealing the memory wipe better.

I'll see how it goes in future chapters though. Major props translating all that text.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Interesting premise. Seems like it's gonna be a "customer of the day" prostitution story (but fantasy genre) where we see Aya grow up by meeting various customers. The main issue right now is there's way too much telling and not enough showing. The transition from the black page was really confusing and I think they coulda handled revealing the memory wipe better.

I'll see how it goes in future chapters though. Major props translating all that text.

Yeah the memory wipe was an unusual way to explain the money she found, but even weirder that it was used as a get out of jail free card attempt by the author since they went into a whole thing of it's not "actually" assault, because it was planned in advance and a memory wipe was part of the role-play!........I'm fucking certain that's still assault at the end of the day. It would cause a lot of trauma even with her restored memory contextualizing it. I wonder what legal trials and therapists in this universe are like.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 6:30AM

Abbysmug
joined May 15, 2020

Personally I didn't have any trouble reading it, but I can safely say I didn't like it. Rape is a definite no from me, even in the weird sort-of-consensual-but-not-really way that it's presented here. I can see why it didn't have the rape tag, but I still wish it did because I would rather not have had that sprung on me without warning

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I started to read out of curiosity, but a kink like rape, actual rape, no, it is interesting but I shall not continue, I hope it turns out to be enjoyable for others though.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Soooo much dialogue. I gave up fully reading a lot of the panels, haha.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

I tried to read it more carefully with a clear head now, the first chapter's pace(Maybe, I don't know how exactly say it) is simply fucked because it tries too hard to establish the world, the main character, the job, the client, the concept of rape all into a single chapter and do so with abornormal amount of words, even if some panels were definitely used as a joke, It's like it was 3 chapters crammed into 1, even trought it's 40 pages long.

Interesting idea behind but the pace (and amount of writing) needs to be improved.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 11:11AM

joined Oct 23, 2016

Well this was a whole bunch of nothing.

kuroyurihime00
Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Seems to me that mc and that demonkind (especially her) needs to learn what BDSM is so they can go about it safely. Too bad decent BDSM stories are hard to come by and mainstream media does an annoyingly good job at portraying it awfully and is so damn wrong in a hella lot of ways.
Also, those dark elves at the end seems to be real trouble. Aya said the protection charm was powerful and prevented the local ruffians from jumping her then one of those dark elves said "for some reason, we always turned around and gave up" when they were about to seek Aya's services. I take it that they were planning something awful but the protection charm stopped them. But somehow, the charm didn't work this time?? It might be because of the all too real 'rape play' from last night or that psychological influence thingy from her last customer, the demonkind.
At any rate, I hate rape so I'll just put this off of my list for now.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Seems to me that mc and that demonkind (especially her) needs to learn what BDSM is so they can go about it safely. Too bad decent BDSM stories are hard to come by and mainstream media does an annoyingly good job at portraying it awfully and is so damn wrong in a hella lot of ways.
Also, those dark elves at the end seems to be real trouble. Aya said the protection charm was powerful and prevented the local ruffians from jumping her then one of those dark elves said "for some reason, we always turned around and gave up" when they were about to seek Aya's services. I take it that they were planning something awful but the protection charm stopped them. But somehow, the charm didn't work this time?? It might be because of the all too real 'rape play' from last night or that psychological influence thingy from her last customer, the demonkind.
At any rate, I hate rape so I'll just put this off of my list for now.

Sunstone might be a good read for ya, talking about the manga, the girl said that she wasn't able to control herself during the act, so I don't think that's something you can fix with a little of bdsm, lmao, even the roleplay apparently doesn't give the same feeling for her as actual doing a real one. That's really fucked up especially if you decided to just decide to supress this feeling which is probably even more unhealthy and dangerous.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 12:51PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's very weird honestly. I think the gist that I can summarize, though I might be wrong, is that at least some of the demons like the woman who went to the brothel are futa, and are a species that "has no concept of rape" but also "are driven by a desire to rape", which is very bizarre for numerous reasons and contradictory.

The demonkind seem to have no concept of "rape" because, when they are among themselves, they don't see sexual assault as different from any other kind of assault, so they don't have an extra word for it. It looks like their society is extremely hierarchical, with a clear pecking order from the strongest to the weakest, driven by a congenital desire to dominate others and established either by beating them in combat or by literally fucking them over. And when they leave their homeland, that desire for physical and sexual domination gets projected onto other species, most of whom are physically weaker -- which is how they become notorious serial rapists, despite not knowing the term.

And if I may engage in some world-building speculation, this dog-eats-dog attitude of the demonkind may be a result of their community having faced a near extinction from an outside threat in the past (not hard to imagine why someone would try to exterminate them). Not justifying rape and murder here, just saying that extreme survival conditions are known to spawn very brutal social institutes that persist for generations down the line.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 12:58PM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yeah so I gave this story a shot but I think this is a pass from me. The concept of a customer of the week type story about a fantasy prostitute servicing different kinds of species sounds like a very cool idea, but I’m really turned off by the concept of one race of humanoids just inherently having a “rape culture” or whatever.

And I agree that the wiping of the memory definitely makes it rape, regardless of if her memories come back. It would be one thing if she was actively consenting to the roleplay but since her memories were wiped that’s still basically the same.

I’d love to see the topic tackled in a different way, where it was more focused on the physical/biological differences in the ways different species experience pleasure, and was much more clear about the consent and safety of the sex worker herself.

提督Artemis
Scool%20zone
joined Jul 5, 2020

The concept is certainly unique. How often do we see a story told from a perspective of a sex worker in a fantasy world without it being outright smut?

Issues of clumsy exposition and how dubious this whole "consensual rape" concept is aside, was it really necessary to make the demonkind girl a futa? The impression I got is that the author was implying that having a penis equals having a predisposition to being a rapist. If this wasn't the message the author was going for, then I'm not sure what was.

Well, that, or they just have a futa fetish.

joined Sep 27, 2017

It's very weird honestly. I think the gist that I can summarize, though I might be wrong, is that at least some of the demons like the woman who went to the brothel are futa, and are a species that "has no concept of rape" but also "are driven by a desire to rape", which is very bizarre for numerous reasons and contradictory.

The demonkind seem to have no concept of "rape" because, when they are among themselves, they don't see sexual assault as different from any other kind of assault, so they don't have an extra word for it. It looks like their society is extremely hierarchical, with a clear pecking order from the strongest to the weakest, driven by a congenital desire to dominate others and established either by beating them in combat or by literally fucking them over. And when they leave their homeland, that desire for physical and sexual domination gets projected onto other species, most of whom are physically weaker -- which is how they become notorious serial rapists, despite not knowing the term.

And if I may engage in some world-building speculation, this dog-eats-dog attitude of the demonkind may be a result of their community having faced a near extinction from an outside threat in the past (not hard to imagine why someone would try to exterminate them). Not justifying rape and murder here, just saying that extreme survival conditions are known to spawn very brutal social institutes that persist for generations down the line.

Going to also include what Corn said:

Yeah so I gave this story a shot but I think this is a pass from me. The concept of a customer of the week type story about a fantasy prostitute servicing different kinds of species sounds like a very cool idea, but I’m really turned off by the concept of one race of humanoids just inherently having a “rape culture” or whatever.

And I agree that the wiping of the memory definitely makes it rape, regardless of if her memories come back. It would be one thing if she was actively consenting to the roleplay but since her memories were wiped that’s still basically the same.

I’d love to see the topic tackled in a different way, where it was more focused on the physical/biological differences in the ways different species experience pleasure, and was much more clear about the consent and safety of the sex worker herself.

Yeah it feels like the author is trying to make the demons have a rape culture, and poorly excuse it by making them a brutal nearly extinct survival based society. In the same manner the author is trying to excuse rape by poorly introducing a memory wipe power. It's still rape and would have the same psychological damage. It's the same reason I have such a problem with Omegaverse media as well. Authors trying to excuse rape by saying, "oh there's a reason for it" and "it's totally not rape I swear", will always not sit well with me and it's extremely uncomfortable.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Are the pages out of order or is the story just terribly confusing

There's a flashback.

But Aya consented to the memory-suppression (not wipe) for a more realistic experience.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Are the pages out of order or is the story just terribly confusing

There's a flashback.

But Aya consented to the memory-suppression (not wipe) for a more realistic experience.

"A more realistic experience"...that just makes it rape. Suppressing someone's memories of when they consented to rape-roleplay and then raping them is rape. Rape roleplay is extremely dark to begin with, but the point is to have boundaries and knowledge that it's roleplay. Temporarily removing the knowledge of consent and then raping them is a bullshit excuse by the author.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Alright, ya got me hooked. I wonder if this is gonna be the 'different customer with kink per chapter with an overarching plot' sorta thing, or if that Demonkind is gonna be a main character

joined Jan 14, 2020

Suppressing someone's memories

With their consent.

It's a twist on consensual non-consent.

last edited at Jun 1, 2021 4:33PM

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Alright, ya got me hooked. I wonder if this is gonna be the 'different customer with kink per chapter with an overarching plot' sorta thing, or if that Demonkind is gonna be a main character

Definitely gonna be some custormer per chapter as the same of the manga implies.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Suppressing someone's memories

With their consent.

It's a twist on consensual non-consent.

It's not a twist, it's pure nonsense. She consented to the memory suppression that made her forget about consenting, and made her specifically forget about consenting to the rape-roleplay. Meaning the act was no longer roleplay and was just rape. It would cause the same mental trauma that rape would, even with the recontextualization of the events when she regained her memories.

To reply you must either login or sign up.