Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I’m mad in the last chapter Aya’s stalker neighbor called her scary when she watches Aya, while in the dark, masterbating and follows her around. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Am glad someone else can that too.

I think it's because despite her friend being a creep Aya is so far gone with trying to be Sei's crutch and sexual release, even Aya's behavior seems extreme to her friend. The friend is again a creep, but she stopped her actions and felt disgusted with herself, ashamed even. That's why I don't think Aya's friend is as far gone as Aya, I believe she at least can go get some help and sort out her head, move on from Aya.

joined Aug 29, 2019

but she stopped her actions and felt disgusted with herself, ashamed even.

That's kinda how it started with Aya, though...

So while she's (currently) definitely not as far gone as Aya, she's been certainly put on the same track. Given that we're not in for a whole 'nother cycle, she probably won't be going as far either and might have managed to jump ship in time.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

but she stopped her actions and felt disgusted with herself, ashamed even.

That's kinda how it started with Aya, though...

So while she's (currently) definitely not as far gone as Aya, she's been certainly put on the same track. Given that we're not in for a whole 'nother cycle, she probably won't be going as far either and might have managed to jump ship in time.

Well that's just it, I think she managed to jump ship way more than Aya did. Her friend seems actually freaked out by her own actions. Aya on the other hand just decided to keep jumping further down the rabbit hole.

Edit: Also Sei was there to drag Aya down into further depravity. Aya's friend was rejected by Aya and herself, so I think it might be far easier for her to escape this miserable mess and find a better life.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 8:46PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

I get +1 point for calling “Time Skip” before it’s uploaded here! (And -2 points if I’m wrong. Hey, you gotta keep people from posting too much hot air.)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sei needs to wake up from her own nightmare and stop digging her own grave, I really can't believe she's back to Tokyo ...is she actually trying to come back for like the fourth time to someone who will never love her back? it would be great if she never finds Yoru again, I want to believe she's not there for that reason but maybe she's too broken now.

And if Aya finds a way to wake her up that would be nice but she needs to value herself more, or else she'll fall with her and there's no escape.

By The Way, did you know? this author has a previous yuri work called Takane no Hana wa Usotsuki desu, it's similar, even the adult looks a lot like Sei (I think I've mentioned this before in early chapters)... So I have that as reference of how this story might end, but I doubt Flowerchild would pull a copy and paste so I'm also expecting a bad ending.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 11:12PM

joined Mar 11, 2019

That's showbiz baby!

joined Oct 14, 2020

I'm gonna be honest: I think the only way I could be happy with this manga's ending is if Sei somehow dies or just completely fucks off from Aya and disappears somewhere. I don't like her. She's such a horrible person seems to exist just to make everyone else miserable. It's been a while since I've read a manga where I find one of the MC's so unlikeable.

joined Jan 3, 2020

By The Way, did you know? this author has a previous yuri work called Takane no Hana wa Usotsuki desu, it's similar, even the adult looks a lot like Sei (I think I've mentioned this before in early chapters)... So I have that as reference of how this story might end, but I doubt Flowerchild would pull a copy and paste so I'm also expecting a bad ending.

She has an even earlier work that isn't listed on either Mangadex or Dynasty Scans and exists nowhere in digital form called "Hungry for You: Endo Yasuko Stalks the Night".

It's a pretty weird vampire yuri with comedy elements; very dissimilar to this manga except in art style. Leads look fairly similar to Aya and Haruki (though substantially different personalities).

last edited at Apr 30, 2021 9:06AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Sei and Aya are too close to the damn train track. Train-kun likes to hangout around there if you're catching my drift.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Sei and Aya are too close to the damn train track. Train-kun likes to hangout around there if you're catching my drift.

Think she might try and catch the Isekai Express? I could kinda see it happen, but I don't think it will.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Takane no Hana wa Usotsuki Desu was by Ameno, not Flowerchild.

joined Mar 30, 2021

Think she might try and catch the Isekai Express? I could kinda see it happen, but I don't think it will.

They can get to the Isekai Express. They just need a little push. Just sayin'. Rush hour's just around the corner, y'know.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lucas Magnus posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeeh? are you for real? the women could even be sisters!
But the site where I read doesn't have a proper description (lectormo) so you're probably right ...still it is very similar, the style and their personalities. Except the younger girl of course

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Lucas Magnus posted:

Eeeeeeeeeeeh? are you for real? the women could even be sisters!
But the site where I read doesn't have a proper description (lectormo) so you're probably right ...still it is very similar, the style and their personalities. Except the younger girl of course

Uhh, the author's name is right there.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Yeah it's funny how everyone has issues but we have people trying to demonize the main characters only, when there's the fact that Sei was being harassed by her own students just for existing and then by this girl for "stealing" his love and basically trying to get her fired...but nope, it's Sei who is troubling this girl.
And Aya finally found someone to have a real talk and do her own things but Haruki wasnt going to allow any of that!

So in short, is not the main characters that have to fuck off, is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

Haha, was literally typing exactly this and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'. But yeah Mochida is trying to ruin someone's career over jealousy and Haruki invades Aya's privacy multiple times purely because she started talking to someone Haruki doesn't know.

Aya from chapter 17 which also confirms there was a timeskip in chapter 14 with her changing the wardrobe: "Is she really thinking I'd never catch her in the act? Or maybe she's doing it because she knows I can see her and she gets off on that. Okay. Let's do this your way. I have to move fast. Seeing her do this all the time makes me sick to my stomach."

Umm yeah looks like Aya invades Haruki's privacy with no question's asked too and then frames Haruki as the one responsible for Aya's own actions! What the hell? The curtains in Haruki's room are not that seethrough heavily implying that this is not the first time she jumped over the balcony and watched her doing it up close multiple times! So yeah Haruki is correct all this shit happens because her own existence is to blame for Aya's problems the subtext heavily implying that Haruki has been Aya's REAL FAMILY IN PLACE OF HER ACTUAL PARENTS makes it even worse! Kinda funny though where Haruki find's her in chapter 12! It's the exact same place we see her in chapter 11 a place Aya knows Haruki knows! In short she's been waiting for her so she could kick her down because things weren't going Aya's way! The best part is that she thinks she dominates Haruki when Haruki could've easily sold her out with what she had but choose not to unlike Sei!

As for Sei well let's look at the flashback she destroyed all of Yoru's relationships simply because she was rejected by her making sure that she learned to late that being in relationship with husbands who are cheating on her wives isn't not a good thing in the long by turning into a shitty spouse herself effectively making sure that she never got a chance to properly grow up and effectively the reason why there is no Sei x Yoru for the rest of their lives. And even after Sei destroyed Yoru's whole damn life so that others wouldn't bat an eye if she killed her right then and there Yoru still choose not to demonize her or being bothered by Sei being a lesbian!

Oh yeah and let's not forget that Sei jumped at the offer of being "friends with benefits" hoping she could reprogramm Yoru! Instead of asking her a thing or two about dating a girl instead...

Edit: Did she really learn a thing or two from her experiences? As her interactions with Mochida (who despite her flaws and hypocrisy still has a point!), Haruki and Aya clearly show she never learned a goddamn thing! So I'm not gonna be surprised where the ending of this manga is actually going!

last edited at May 1, 2021 1:30PM

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

Yeah it's funny how everyone has issues but we have people trying to demonize the main characters only, when there's the fact that Sei was being harassed by her own students just for existing and then by this girl for "stealing" his love and basically trying to get her fired...but nope, it's Sei who is troubling this girl.
And Aya finally found someone to have a real talk and do her own things but Haruki wasnt going to allow any of that!

So in short, is not the main characters that have to fuck off, is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

Haha, was literally typing exactly this and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'. But yeah Mochida is trying to ruin someone's career over jealousy and Haruki invades Aya's privacy multiple times purely because she started talking to someone Haruki doesn't know.

Aya from chapter 17 which also confirms there was a timeskip in chapter 14 with her changing the wardrobe: "Is she really thinking I'd never catch her in the act? Or maybe she's doing it because she knows I can see her and she gets off on that. Okay. Let's do this your way. I have to move fast. Seeing her do this all the time makes me sick to my stomach."

Umm yeah looks like Aya invades Haruki's privacy with no question's asked too and then frames Haruki as the one responsible for Aya's own actions! What the hell? The curtains in Haruki's room are not that seethrough heavily implying that this is not the first time she jumped over the balcony and watched her doing it up close multiple times! So yeah Haruki is correct all this shit happens because her own existence is to blame for Aya's problems the subtext heavily implying that Haruki has been Aya's REAL FAMILY IN PLACE OF HER ACTUAL PARENTS makes it even worse! Kinda funny though where Haruki find's her in chapter 12! It's the exact same place we see her in chapter 11 a place Aya knows Haruki knows! In short she's been waiting for her so she could kick her down because things weren't going Aya's way! The best part is that she thinks she dominates Haruki when Haruki could've easily sold her out with what she had but choose not to unlike Sei!

As for Sei well let's look at the flashback she destroyed all of Yoru's relationships simply because she was rejected by her making sure that she learned to late that being in relationship with husbands who are cheating on her wives isn't not a good thing in the long by turning into a shitty spouse herself effectively making sure that she never got a chance to properly grow up and effectively the reason why there is no Sei x Yoru for the rest of their lives. And even after Sei destroyed Yoru's whole damn life so that others wouldn't bat an eye if she killed her right then and there Yoru still choose not to demonize her or being bothered by Sei being a lesbian!

Oh yeah and let's not forget that Sei jumped at the offer of being "friends with benefits" hoping she could reprogramm Yoru! Instead of asking her a thing or two about dating a girl instead...

Edit: Did she really learn a thing or two from her experiences? As her interactions with Mochida (who despite her flaws and hypocrisy still has a point!), Haruki and Aya clearly show she never learned a goddamn thing! So I'm not gonna be surprised where the ending of this manga is actually going!

Tl;dr summarize your point please

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm not sure if it was heavy sarcasm or not but it was a very... entertaining take on the situation

joined Jul 20, 2020

Tl;dr summarize your point please

Aya x Sei will be dead in the water! If Ueda didn't troll us with all the foreshadowing stuff (ya know those separate extra pages that still haven't been translated among other things) this is the only way I could see it! Not unlike how many toxic "friends with benefits" stituations realistically turn out.

Or to put it simply in Flowerchild Ueda's words (yes she really said it on her twitter page): "There is no such thing as a detached relationship!"

And yes she experimented with some of this stuff in Eve's Medicine!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Aya x Sei will be dead in the water!

Eh ? Even if i'm not the biggest fan of this manga, i don't really see how you could end this on anything else than that. I mean hell, Aya just travel without thinking to see Sei. And i don't really see Sei having a change of heart so late in the manga an so nearof the end.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Eh ? Even if i'm not the biggest fan of this manga, i don't really see how you could end this on anything else than that. I mean hell, Aya just travel without thinking to see Sei. And i don't really see Sei having a change of heart so late in the manga an so nearof the end.

Sorry but I was always under the impression (kidding her works benefit from multiple rereadings) that this is what Flowerchild Ueda was going for even in Eve's Medicine. Just read this: https://attracttheone.com/dating-advice/friends-with-benefits/

joined Aug 29, 2019

A spicy take for a spicy manga.

Or to put it simply in Flowerchild Ueda's words (yes she really said it on her twitter page): "There is no such thing as a detached relationship!"

And I'm pretty sure there won't be a detached relationship left at the end. It didn't last with Yoru, it didn't last with Sakai and it won't persist as such with Aya. In light of all the content available on DR, my money's on a proper, "attached" relationship as the resolution, though the Isekai-Express variant (only for Sei) and a hard cutoff aren't out of the question as well. Continuing the former status quo in the form of a "detached relationship" seems the least likely ending to me.

joined Jul 20, 2020

And I'm pretty sure there won't be a detached relationship left at the end. It didn't last with Yoru, it didn't last with Sakai and it won't persist as such with Aya. In light of all the content available on DR, my money's on a proper, "attached" relationship as the resolution, though the Isekai-Express variant (only for Sei) and a hard cutoff aren't out of the question as well. Continuing the former status quo in the form of a "detached relationship" seems the least likely ending to me.

or simply try: Aya x Haruki & Sei x Mochida

Edit: After yet another timeskip...

last edited at May 1, 2021 5:43PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

if there were like 1 or 2 volumes maybe but there is literally 1 or 2 chapters left. That's way too damn short of time to reverse the dynamics and the ships like that.

joined Jul 20, 2020

if there were like 1 or 2 volumes maybe but there is literally 1 or 2 chapters left. That's way too damn short of time to reverse the dynamics and the ships like that.

In case you haven't noticed Aya already knows that her relationship with Sei can only end one way that is the reason why she is actually testing Haruki thinking she is the same (the many similarities she shares with Kurosaki are not a coincidence). So once Haruki tells her part in all of this and then hands her her smartphone and walks away she basically proves that she wanted her as girlfriend not a fuckbuddy and has the capacity for growth, moving on instead of being stuck in the past and being a coward unlike Sei whom she gave the chance to be the better person! The last chapter will be Aya reuniting with Haruki after a timeskip. Likewise with Sei... Mochida (despite flaws and her own hipocrisy) is still correct unlike Hosono (so Mochi will ditch him) which is the reason why she hopefully decides to end things with Aya for good if she doesn't she never learned a thing and unlike Yoru deserves what she gets!

believe it or not the author pulled something similar in Hungry for You: Endou Yasuko stalks the Night! I own both volume's!

joined Aug 29, 2019

I'll have some of whatever you're having, please. Must be really good stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.