Forum › Their Story discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This gave me anxiety. I want to see that she got out.
Btw this series is good for the comedy and characters, so I don't care about the no romance.

I think that's a pretty damn high complement and one I agree with. Do still want that romance though.

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Enough teasing, I just need one simple kiss. That's all I ask.

they already kissed, so I'm pretty satisfied with just that

also I'm not expecting much either, due to what random was referring to

63c8ca935d362e1dafa27a3aac74bfcf
joined Dec 21, 2019

Really unfortunate hearing about the Chinese government censorship. I hope some day this series will be able to continue developing the original plot. Still want to know how things progressed after the scene in Chapter 145 and onwards between Qiu Tong and Sun Jing. I was also looking forward in the new development of the other girl who was hinting at her interest in Sun Jing, and how that would've been resolved. But the author has since moved past that. sad days :( Nonetheless, I still appreciate the updates we get.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

She's so fucking stupid, I love her.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Finally in english and the girls are having it good~

Somehow I prefer censorship cuz were getting much more creative material

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What apartment is this? Is it QT’s usual bedroom? Because SJ talks about being “home.”

(I know that’s not really an unusual idiom among close friends—“We were out and now we’re back home”—but I was wondering if this was one of those forward time skips to where the two of them live together.)

joined Nov 30, 2011

What apartment is this? Is it QT’s usual bedroom? Because SJ talks about being “home.”

(I know that’s not really an unusual idiom among close friends—“We were out and now we’re back home”—but I was wondering if this was one of those forward time skips to where the two of them live together.)

Bit of a time skip to when they are living together. If you look at the official art you can see scenes of them living together.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Bit of a time skip to when they are living together. If you look at the official art you can see scenes of them living together.

Oh, indeed—the one of the two of them in a bar is among the hottest images in the series. I just forget if that outside shot of the apartment is the same as QT’s usual one.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Really unfortunate hearing about the Chinese government censorship. I hope some day this series will be able to continue developing the original plot. Still want to know how things progressed after the scene in Chapter 145 and onwards between Qiu Tong and Sun Jing. I was also looking forward in the new development of the other girl who was hinting at her interest in Sun Jing, and how that would've been resolved. But the author has since moved past that. sad days :( Nonetheless, I still appreciate the updates we get.

There...hasn't...been....any...censorship...of...content.

The censorship prevented the author from publishing a book. That's it. There is some -speculation- that that event discouraged the author and threw her plot off track, but that's about the emotional state of the author, not anybody imposing anything on the content. Some people speculated that the author had reverted to subtext, but since then they went on a date, shared a second kiss, and Sun Jing explicitly called herself Qiu Tong's girlfriend. They have also continued to be super gay for each other in various ways.Also, the author does't just have this comic. There's also a yaoi story that has continued as well. There's no indication that the author has compromised retreated from any story decisions based on government pressure.

Seriously, anybody at this point who thinks she's pulling back on the gay because of the Chinese government: Are you reading the same comic as me?

Yeah, the Mo arc seems to have gotten dropped. I myself speculated early on that maybe that was because the author didn't want to deal with the angst while dealing with the IRL stuff, but again, that's emotional state stuff. And also, it's speculation. Also, it's just as credible to speculate that maybe she just decided to abandon the plot because Mo was being met with no small amount of hostility. (Like, comments in a few places were outright mean.)

Sorry if I'm a little snotty about this, but I get really tired of people spouting off unsubstantiated or even falsifiable ideas based on hearsay and conjecture. It gets my goat.

Again, the only thing that resulted from censorship is a book deal fell through. Don't get me wrong, that's bad and stupid and frustrating, but the content is as gay as it ever was, it just veered away from angst to fluff.

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 12:20AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017
Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh, indeed—the one of the two of them in a bar is among the hottest images in the series. I just forget if that outside shot of the apartment is the same as QT’s usual one.

Nah, the apartment QT shares with her mom is a big loft apartment with multiple levels and a balcony, the one where they live together is a tiny one-bedroom with a cramped kitchen. You can also tell from what they're wearing. I've never see QT wearing that green jacket except in the jumps forward. Also Sun Jing has her shoulder-length future hair cut. (though it's a little difficult to tell in this one, there are a couple panels that show it, tho.)

(oh, also, Tan Jiu just seems to like jumping forward for holiday fluff. Does it most-if-not-every Christmas)

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 12:34AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nah, the apartment QT shares with her mom is a big loft apartment with multiple levels and a balcony, the one where they live together is a tiny one-bedroom with a cramped kitchen. You can also tell from what they're wearing. I've never see QT wearing that green jacket except in the jumps forward. Also Sun Jing has her shoulder-length future hair cut. (though it's a little difficult to tell in this one, there are a couple panels that show it, tho.)

(oh, also, Tan Jiu just seems to like jumping forward for holiday fluff. Does it most-if-not-every Christmas)

See, I knew someone would remember without me going back and looking through scores of chapters. Thanks!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Take off your clothes before getting in the bed." If this were any other series....

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

I need Qiu Tong in my life.

joined May 25, 2020

YESS

joined Aug 7, 2020

Hey quick question, im new to this story and realized that there's no new updates. Did the author drop this story or are they taking a break? Im just confused about this situation, whether they decided to stop or they stopped due to the current situation that's going on with the virus.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There was a random update in April of this year, but it was just another gag two-pager. I don't think he's made any Weibo posts on why the updates have slowed down so much.

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

Man I miss this story (;—;)

joined Apr 17, 2017

A tankobon of the beginning of this series got published in Japan. It's 271 pages, and includes some extra drawings splitting the story into chapters and the like. It looks really good, with the digital color on matte pages. It transfers the luminous feeling of the color to print really well. The book seems recent––it just popped up in my recommendations on CDJapan.

Just dropped in here because it then occurred to me that I hadn't seen an update in a while. I didn't realize it had been almost a year. So it's just...gone? I wonder what happened to this pretty cool series. I had hoped the publication might have resulted in something further. It would be a shame if the story didn't reach some further state of development.

1011820_10203495624854953_6088973233617870240_n
joined Aug 29, 2019

Hilarious and cool serie! too bad that we can't have a proper story development from the author but this is great comedy material!

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

the author is on Twitter and released speechless panels. I see more updates about her classmates than these two girls.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

where are the updates?

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

where are the updates?

apparently this story has been censored by Ch*na. any lgbt-related works that gets reported will be taken down immediately. so that's probably why it hasnt gotten any updates

https://velvetrouge(.)tumblr(.)com/post/169814029146/regarding-the-issue-of-the-manhua-publication-i

just remove the (). no wonder the updates has only been about the dudes now. this fuckin sucks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.