Forum › Wicked Girl discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

No one likes change Sensei..... Except for hobos

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

I see people bashing on Sensei for being awful for having feelings like that. Honestly I can't blame her because she didn't know it would turns out that way. She even said she'll stay with Maho even after the realization. I for once understand Sensei's feeling because people tend to have expectations for others people to behave a certain way based on how they look or act.

But Sensei wanted to change Maho, and to stay with a person you don't love, is not honorable is just cruel for the other person!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It shouldn't be a thrilling experience for anyone involved, actually.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Yes the relationship from the beginning spelled doom but at least she takes responsibility and stays with her.

Yeah, it must be terrific to be with someone who you believe loves you, but doesn't really.

Yeah, wouldn't it be more terrific if she ends up becoming a delinquent again and becomes even less likely to have a meaningful relationship with anyone. Deep psychological scars are fine but realizing the one I love doesn't love me back in the exact same way???

"If." Also, why would she necessarily be kept from having future meaningful relationships just because her first love didn't go right? Most people's haven't, with no such effects. Speaking for myself, I'd prefer to end a relationship and move on than persist into a relationship based on such lie. Staying with a person you don't love and tricking them into believing you do isn't doing neither you nor them a favor.
Nothing keeps sensei from learning to love the student's "new" self, tho -- and learning to love is a necessary step in every long-term relationship. What should be questioned are the reasons for doing so: if it's a desire to try, okay, but if it's pity or duty or something... Just don't.

^

^ That's right

last edited at Sep 10, 2018 7:49PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I did enjoy it, but there is also so much wrong with it. I wonder how I would feel if it wasn't Student x Teacher? For example, if they were just working adults living as roommates? I also think about sensei using a matching service; it sounds like she's never had the experience of nurturing a relationship before. At least she recognizes the fault is hers and she may yet mature into a relationship of equals. Her promise to stay gives us that much.

Somehow, though, I could see any continuation taking a darker turn, like Worst Goddess in the World.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I get that it’s messed up from the teacher’s perspective, but she was obviously just trying to help this girl she fell in love with, and she clearly wants to love her still. I wouldn’t know what the chances are of that kind of thing happening, but it’s definitely possible that she could end up falling in love with her again.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I just want to see girls rub cheeks and hold hands. Was that too much?

Why are we here? Just to suffer?

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

Oof

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

At first this seems like a nice one shot with shitty protag and ending to me. But on second thought, I think it is really interesting and meaningful: It’s a deconstruction of the “girls want bad girls” trope.

The trope’s general idea is that “badness” is attractive and the sentient of “I will change her” (sensei literally think this - check her thought bubbles to see) is appealing. In other works, this is glorified or resulted in Stockholm syndrome, or end terribly with the mc failing to change their love interest. We never consider what happen when one succeed?

Sensei succeeded. And what happened after that? She definitely does not feel happy. She is never satisfied like the trope suggest. It sends a powerful message to those who are attracted to “bad girls” and “changing them”. The story clearly stated: with that mentality, you’ll never be content, since your attraction is with an image, an idea and not a person.

Great that sensei is taking responsibility, but I’d rather she let Sudou go to find true happiness, and set herself free too. I want a sequel where sensei either do that or goes to a therapist and figures her shit out.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

grinseb posted:

The trope’s general idea is that “badness” is attractive and the sentient of “I will change her” (sensei literally think this - check her thought bubbles to see) is appealing. In other works, this is glorified or resulted in Stockholm syndrome, or end terribly with the mc failing to change their love interest. We never consider what happen when one succeed?

Em, what? This trope is all over Hollywood and it always ends with girl changing guy for the better. Which is totally unrealistic and instead what should happen is exactly what you wrote.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

grinseb posted:

Em, what? This trope is all over Hollywood and it always ends with girl changing guy for the better. Which is totally unrealistic and instead what should happen is exactly what you wrote.

Oh yeah, I guess I never consider those change genuine so they slipped my mind completely =]] Anddd I don’t watch much str8 stuff since 5th grade...

joined Jan 14, 2020

"If she does not enjoy, why does she tempted by it"

Sensei seems more like a sadist-voyeur; likes the effect of pain and misery but not causing it. (Or at least, hasn't explore causing it.)

Bittersweet story, but not necessarily a "terribly bad end". Maho was in an institution and obviously not coping well; she seems genuinely happier. This limits sensei's ability to break up well until Maho comes of age, which is a problem, but even if sensei doesn't fix her own love problem, the whole episode could end up as a flawed but still positive phase of Maho's life.

Or it could go terribly toxic. But why be negative?

I wonder about the logistics, though. Did she formally adopt Maho? I imagine the institution might make noise if Maho simply disappeared a la living with sensei and not checking in.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

« —One may promise actions, but no sentiments, for these are involuntary. Whoever promises to love or hate a person, or be faithful to him for ever, promises something which is not within his power; he can certainly promise such actions as are usually the results of love, hate, or fidelity, but which may also spring from other motives ; for many ways and motives lead to one and the same action. The promise to love some one for ever is, therefore, really : So long as I love you I will act towards you in a loving way ; if I cease to love you, you will still receive the same treatment from me, although inspired by other motives, so that our fellow-men will still be deluded into the belief that our love is unchanged and ever the same. One promises therefore, the continuation of the semblance of love, when, without self-deception, one speaks vows of eternal love.»

– Nietzsche, in. Human, All Too Human, second division, aphorism 58.

Sums this great oneshot pretty well.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

That Teacher is a sick Human being

To reply you must either login or sign up.