Forum › Citrus discussion

Copy%20(6)%20of%20copy%20of%20ma%20pic
joined Feb 3, 2014

Do you hear that? That's the sound of me facepalming so hard because of the cliches that's going on and will continue. God help me.

Underoneroof
joined Jan 17, 2014

Yes yes just keep piling more obstacles. We'll all be 60 by the time Yuzu and Mei get together (if they ever do)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

runs around fangirling It's finally here!!

Nina's such a cutie!

joined Oct 29, 2014

Just like Lemonade and Happy End, and to an extent Sakana no Miru Yume. People will read shit they have started, no matter how bad it is when it started nor how deep down the shitter it goes after that.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

@Dark_Tzitzimine:
As a response to "therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon."
If I'm not mixing it up with one of the other mangas I'm currently reading, I think I've once read somewhere, that Citrus is planned to have 3 volumes. Right now, I think we're halfway through volume 2, so judging by the length of volume 1, I guess there'll be 6 or 7 more chapters until it ends. So I guess, if the release schedule remains the way it is, it'll end sometime in fall 2015. o.o
That aside, personally, I don't think Mei is upset simply because Yuzu rejected the sexy time. I think it's more about how she interprets the meaning of Yuzu's rejection. Remember the other time when Mei tried to seduce Yuzu and got rejected? She didn't react that upset back then. However, this time she was trying to really open up to Yuzu and convey her feelings. She wasn't forcing her or making rash advances, she was offering herself and allowed Yuzu to take the lead. Yuzu however, rejected her since she seemingly wasn't ready for this level of intimacy yet. But to Mei it must have felt like Yuzu didn't only reject the sex, but also the chance of "taking a peek inside Mei's heart." I speak from experience when I say that getting your feelings rejected like this feels like a slap in the face and even though it's unreasonable to be mad at the person who rejects you, for a while it simply won't be possible to act like everything's ok around them. I think Yuzu actually really hurt Mei with that rejection and now Mei might be trying to avoid Yuzu as best as she can cause it hurts her to be around Yuzu. That's just my interpretation though.

You might be onto something, Mei was definitely hurt by Yuzu's rejection. But the main problem is that both of them lack the maturity to truly understand their feelings for each other. Yuzu's obviously has never been in a relationship before and after years of idealizing one, she freaks. out. when happens to her. Mei on the other hand is so detached from other people that she has the subtlety of a sledgehammer when dealing with her feelings. Matsuri teached Mei the importance of being open with her feeling so I'm betting Sara will teach Yuzu the proper way course of action for a relationship (and maybe some restraint for Mei).

Haha that looks waaaaaaaay different, the spanish translation looks pretty bad now...I'll just wait next time not only because of the quality but because it feels butchered too it's missing a lot of details.

Don't be so hard with yourself. While some details are different the general meaning and context is the same, delivering the driving idea behind this chapter. You did a great work.

There's a difference between not being original and deliberately writing the same tropes that have been turning up in shoujo mangas for the past 15 years. It's gotten boring, 2-Dimentional and cliched, and like it or not that's a FLAW.

You're being way too harsh. I mean, at this point what story isn't derivative of another work? Hell, Yuri is one of the genres where overuse of tropes is more evident, I can count with one hand the mangas where you have relevant male characters on the plot and the sheer amount of girl's schools is kind of silly at this point.

Is the mix of the different elements that made a work what it truly sets them apart. In Citrus' case you have fantasic art, excellent (realistic in my opinion) characters and very interesting character dynamics.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Dynasty Reader's most controversial manga returns.

joined Dec 7, 2014

I feel like people are misunderstanding Yuzu or perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding her.
The way I see it, Mei made it sound like she was doing it because she was grateful and not because she likes her. I believe that Yuzu wanted to wait until their feelings are mutual before they take a step further into their relationship. And this led to a huge misunderstanding between them two.
Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much. We won't know until the Manga progresses.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Crown: I started reading Happy End and rage quit, don't even know the other two don't generalize people like that! The only crap that I read is bleach, Citrus is not that bad the only problem with it is it's pacing.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 12:55AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

LOL ^_^
saw it coming when I saw the cover...in my head= "nooooooooo, not another character! Not now! Ugh..."
props to the reference "its not like it is in manga" blah blah! This is a manga! I want more action...
whew ...ok I feel better, with that said, the new character seems interesting(tho cliche timing) but I imagine the way it might effect plot and im looking forward to it...
But most importantly, I feel like I know Mei as a character now...so tho im not thrilled with the fast forward etc, good character development ^_^

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Ah... Even though it's so predictable, I can't stop reading and being entertained by it!

And holy shit, 1.5K? Man, I missed a lot of convo~

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Just as I thought the plot went somewhere, another cliffhanger appears! Coincidences in manga never hurt this much.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

1,500 posts in 13 chapters is quite the thing to behold on our tiny little website.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Not to mention the 167k views haha Citrus is something else.

Jpeg_20181005_095801%20(1)
joined Apr 8, 2014

The F is so cliche at the end of the chapter, so more drama comin' up ;; and I can sense it. Also, when Yuzu rejected Mei aww, it was like a hard brick slap onto your face xD. Yuzu being an airhead totally waste Mei's effort by being direct to her. Now, she's like "I don't know, what's happened, why Mei's stop interacting with me and sh!t?" xD simply to say Mei is offended. After she's already set her heart and ready to offer herself to Yuzu, the latter just rejects her for the second time I think?
Sara's debut in this chapter foreshadows her role as a catalyst, it's like Matsuri's back then. I have my own opinion about this chapter, and I feel like that this manga is approaching to its end? Probably because of Sara's appearance this will awaken Yuzu's desire for Mei eventually? Matsuri's appearance has made Mei more honest with her feelings. Will this be the same as Yuzu ? xD She will pursue her love interest for Mei, because of course Sara.
Off topic, btw Nina she's hottie xD for sure.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 1:45AM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Let me tell how much I didn't see that coming.
/END SARCASM

Seriously tho, it was Christmas when they had the fight. The next page was February. SO THEY BASICALLY DIDN'T TALK FOR TWO MONTHS!? OVER THAT!? Thats just fucking stupid. Sorry but that time gap is just WAAAAAAAAAY too big.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 1:46AM

joined Jul 8, 2013

The F is so cliche at the end of the chapter, so more drama comin' up ;; and I can sense it. Also, when Yuzu rejected Mei aww, it was like a hard brick slap onto your face xD. Yuzu being an airhead totally waste Mei's effort by being direct to her. Now, she's like "I don't know, what's happened, why Mei's stop interacting with me and sh!t?" xD simply to say Mei is offended. After she's already set her heart and offer herself to Yuzu, the latter just rejects her for the second time I think?
Sara's debut in this chapter and it foreshadows her role as a catalyst, it's like Matsuri's back then. I have my own opinion about this chapter, and I feel like that this manga is approaching to its end? Probably because of Sara's appearance this will awaken Yuzu's desire for Mei eventually? Matsuri's appearance has made Mei more honest with her feelings. Will this be the same as Yuzu ? xD She will pursue her love interest for Mei, because of course Sara.
Off topic, btw Nina she's hottie xD for sure.

Pretty sure that Yuzu rejected Mei because Mei said she was only willing to do it because she owed Yuzu and not because she reciprocates Yuzu's feelings (which we all know she does). And when Yuzu saw how expressionless her face looked Yuzu didn't want to have things go down that way and said no.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Let me tell how much I didn't see that coming.
/END SARCASM

Seriously tho, it was Christmas when they had the fight. The next page was February. SO THEY BASICALLY DIDN'T TALK FOR TWO MONTHS!? OVER THAT!? Thats just fucking stupid. Sorry but that time gap is just WAAAAAAAAAY too big.

Eh, I've lost years long friendships over smaller things. We can be so stupid sometimes.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 1:56AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

1,500 posts in 13 chapters is quite the thing to behold on our tiny little website.

How many have even breached 1000? Granted I am somewhat new, but I only know of Stretch and this one in my recent memory.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

How many have even breached 1000? Granted I am somewhat new, but I only know of Stretch and this one in my recent memory.

There is one that I know of. Notebook Garden of Lilies or something. Forgot about that.

I must read that now!

goes off to find manga

Edit: It's called Notes From the Garden of Lilies.

Edit2: I'm wrong. LoL.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 2:10AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

seems like Mei offered herself

Agreed. I actually felt like the pacing was just too fast for me too---and if I were in Yuzu's shoes, I would have reacted the same. Problem is though, in real life, I would've tried to explain to Mei and we would have communication which seems to be the crux of all problems in Citrus.

I get it.

It's a manga.

It has drama.

But seriously.

joined Aug 1, 2013

Wait. The new girls, they're twin sisters and stepsisters? wat

joined Aug 10, 2012

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Haha that looks waaaaaaaay different, the spanish translation looks pretty bad now...I'll just wait next time not only because of the quality but because it feels butchered too it's missing a lot of details.

Don't be so hard with yourself. While some details are different the general meaning and context is the same, delivering the driving idea behind this chapter. You did a great work.

Wasn't it translated from Japanese to Spanish then from Spanish to English anyways? If that's the case then even if both translators were experts there's a far greater chance of errors.

Hell, Yuri is one of the genres where overuse of tropes is more evident, I can count with one hand the mangas where you have relevant male characters on the plot and the sheer amount of girl's schools is kind of silly at this point.

It's probably a matter of convenience when it comes to girls schools. The authors are often women themselves so it's easier for them to write a realistic female character. And on top of that they can just shift their focus to the story itself with some convenient jumping off points for relationships.

I feel like people are misunderstanding Yuzu or perhaps I'm the one misunderstanding her.
The way I see it, Mei made it sound like she was doing it because she was grateful and not because she likes her. I believe that Yuzu wanted to wait until their feelings are mutual before they take a step further into their relationship. And this led to a huge misunderstanding between them two.
Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much. We won't know until the Manga progresses.

This is more or less what I gathered from it too. That and Yuzu seemed unsure of what she should do as well. Which is kinda understandable when in the past Mei always took the lead and on top of that Yuzu was trying to parse everything that was just said as well. Let's face it, she's not exactly the brightest person so she needs some time to parse these sort of developments.

joined Mar 3, 2012

Wait. The new girls, they're twin sisters and stepsisters? wat

Could be that one rare genetic birth thing where the girl are twin but have different fathers. Very rare... and interesting.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Wasn't it translated from Japanese to Spanish then from Spanish to English anyways? If that's the case then even if both translators were experts there's a far greater chance of errors.

I forgot to answer this ooops. Yes I translated a translated version but it was close to 1 to 1 I blamed whoever made that 1st for the omissions, I can relate since I had to change a few things for them to make sense in english but I feel that too much was cut so it reduced the quality. Some parts were really hard to translate too, I had to use google translate quite a bit even though spanish is supposed to be my native language lol

Either way thanks for the kind words and I already thanked the one that shared the spanish release for the early chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.