Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Hello! I’m looking for some yuri one-shots or doujins that have cute flirting in it.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Hello! I’m looking for some yuri one-shots or doujins that have cute flirting in it.

!!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hanagui

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

!!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hanagui

Thanks!

joined Jul 26, 2020

Any really abstract yuri mangas? Something like the philosophy or introspective tag. Something like to die in June.

joined Sep 16, 2014

Any really abstract yuri mangas? Something like the philosophy or introspective tag. Something like to die in June.

Dowman Sayman
Tsukumizu

^their works are almost always something philosophical or depressing. Also, I highly recommend Girl's last tour, it's on mangadex.

Goodbye Heaven

Two by this side, Three by the other side

^touhou doujin. There's a handful of touhou dj artists that write about the lore and immortality so well. So if you're interested, take some time in browsing the touhou tag

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Are there any yuri where a girl has a glasses fetish / has a thing for girls with glasses?

Doesn’t matter if it’s a doujin or a one-shot.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm looking for something like "Goodbye, my Rose Garden", or the story of Hino's mother and her maid in Adashima.
It doesn't need to be about a master and maid, but I'd like a (older?) setting where societal statues and/or prejudice are an obstacle to the couple's relationship. I don't mind a tragic ending (oh, but don't spoil whether it's happy or not) and it doesn't necessarily have to be a manga either, as long as it is easily accessible.
Any help is welcome :)

Edit: Just remembered that Goodbye my rose garden is not on dynasty, so it probably wasn't the best example... Well, whatever.

last edited at Mar 22, 2021 12:33PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm looking for something like "Goodbye, my Rose Garden", or the story of Hino's mother and her maid in Adashima.
It doesn't need to be about a master and maid, but I'd like a (older?) setting where societal statues and/or prejudice are an obstacle to the couple's relationship. I don't mind a tragic ending (oh, but don't spoil whether it's happy or not) and it doesn't necessarily have to be a manga either, as long as it is easily accessible.
Any help is welcome :)

Edit: Just remembered that Goodbye my rose garden is not on dynasty, so it probably wasn't the best example... Well, whatever.

With an Earnest Love
Yuki and the Authoress
Walk Wit Me
Your Gaze Through the Thousand Year Old Comb

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Thanks a lot for the recommendations! Not all of them seem to be exactly my taste (not very into animal ears), but I'll be sure to check them out.

With an Earnest Love
Yuki and the Authoress
Walk Wit Me
Your Gaze Through the Thousand Year Old Comb

I've actually read the last one and it definitely fits the tone I was looking for, so I look forward to trying the rest on your list.

EDIT: Came across this page on reddit recently and decided to link it here in case someone else was also looking for these kinds of stories (and so that I can easily go back to it myself XD). I've only checked a couple of them out (GtkG and Shim Cheong) but so far they were very solid recommendations.

last edited at May 20, 2021 11:55AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Anyone have any recommendations for completed series I can read on dynasty while mangadex is down?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Thanks!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cornonthekopp posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for completed series I can read on dynasty while mangadex is down?

Husky and Medley (true story, cute)
Comprehensive Tovarisch (crazy comedy)
Notes From The Garden Of Lilies (ridiculously cute)
Out of the Blue! (cute comedy)
Pieta (dark, drama)
Kimochi no Katachi (cute comedy)

Evlqr1cucaif8if-orig%20(1)
joined Sep 25, 2020

Im looking for a series or one-shot where the one girl is in denial about her feelings or anxious about telling her feelings(either one is fine)but there love is mutual.
I wanna read a story like that with a happy ending.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Raven23 posted:

Im looking for a series or one-shot where the one girl is in denial about her feelings or anxious about telling her feelings(either one is fine)but there love is mutual.

Kimochi no Katachi (cute comedy)

I think this fits the bill. But it's also quite angsty.

joined Nov 27, 2016

Kasumi and Acchan this ones cute with mutual pining

joined Mar 19, 2021

What Does the Fox Say by Team Gaji.

Personally wish they went the other way with the ending, but it's a really beautiful story.

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

I'm looking for any type of yuri medias where the characters are super introspective with their feelings of identity, love, and sexuality. Stuffs like Bloom Into You (I have read the Sayaka LNs, love them), Octave, Crescent Moon and Doughnut, Us Right Now, My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. Each one of them has something that I love individually too:
- There's too much good stuffs to say about Bloom Into You, but every character has their own moment of introspection, which I love. I have read the Sayaka LNs too, and WOW I love it even more.
- I know many people don't like Octave because of its slightly het content, but I cannot help but relates to Yukino's story of finding her own sexuality in the mist of comphet culture.
- Crescent Moon & Doughnut deals with adult characters, not school girls, which I appreciate. The insecurity of Hinako and her journey to love herself is something I really really relate to.
- Us Right Now is about a 7-year-long couple finding how to love again. Instant fav.
- My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness is unique in its art and narrative, and I relate to its content too.

So please recommend me more stories like this!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm looking for any type of yuri medias where the characters are super introspective with their feelings of identity, love, and sexuality. Stuffs like Bloom Into You (I have read the Sayaka LNs, love them), Octave, Crescent Moon and Doughnut, Us Right Now, My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. Each one of them has something that I love individually too:
- There's too much good stuffs to say about Bloom Into You, but every character has their own moment of introspection, which I love. I have read the Sayaka LNs too, and WOW I love it even more.

The obvious choice would be Adachi and Shimamura, written by the same author as the Sayaka LNs.

last edited at Apr 9, 2021 5:04PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

TotemsInTheNight posted:

I'm looking for any type of yuri medias where the characters are super introspective with their feelings of identity, love, and sexuality.

While we don't host it on the site, Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana) by Shimura Takako is right up your alley, I think. There's quite a bit of meandering in the plot, but almost all of it is done in service of deep introspection. I would hazard a guess that any of her work would also be of interest to you, but I haven't perused much myself.

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

The obvious choice would be Adachi and Shimamura, written by the same author as the Sayaka LNs.

I read the manga... does the novel offer more introspection than the manga? Also, I kinda like Sayaka much more than either Adachi or Shimamura lol...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I read the manga... does the novel offer more introspection than the manga?

A lot more.

7cef6765-347e-4891-9364-552dfe71ffd8
joined Sep 28, 2020

Any good recommendations for yuri involving angst? good stuff that would just. make me bawl my fukin eyes out (preferably something that isn’t about the love interest ending up with another)

To reply you must either login or sign up.