Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

All right, Wataten should be fixed now, thanks for the note. We actually did update the archive ~3 years ago...but this wasn't reflected on the site for some reason. Some strange bug I guess. I can't easily check all other manga to note any size discrepancies like that, but thanks for the note and by all means point it out again if you see it!

The files are a reasonable size now. Thanks for fixing.

I didn't fix this...but it looks good now at ~30 MB. Please do let me know if you see any other issues.

Edit: Wait a second...I lied. Something is weird, I'll look into this.

If you're still confused, the ZIP compression on the archive made it much smaller than the original files. (Which was possible because they were basically uncompressed to begin with.) That didn't help when reading it online, of course.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this or if you are already aware, but I noticed that https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/konirosango and https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kon seem to be two different pages for the same person (@pluto_305 on twitter) and just wanted to let you guys know.

As it happens, I've noticed a few similar examples recently, and I'm in the middle of compiling a list that I intend to dump in this thread sometime within the next few days. Just saying that so no one else wastes their time on it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Altair posted:

Day ??? of asking for a Go For It, Nakamura! tag.

Linking a parody to its reference doujin tag isn't generally how those tags work. That would necessitate widespread use of the Jojo's tag for consistency, and then every other linkable parody and reference. I'm not the one to make that call, but I am all in on gratuitous use of the Jojo's tag

Edit: I'm dead wrong, that's exactly how those tags work. Suwakoto is tagged with both touhou and yotsubato, that love live nozonico image referencing Citrus is tagged with both as well. Following that, I have a new question. Should we be tagging something like this as watamote and Jojo's? (There are similar untagged instances with Sakura Trick, Azumanga Daioh, and more.)

I don't...have an answer yet.

Lizbo posted:

If you're still confused, the ZIP compression on the archive made it much smaller than the original files. (Which was possible because they were basically uncompressed to begin with.) That didn't help when reading it online, of course.

Thanks for the explanation.

Lizbo posted:

Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this or if you are already aware, but I noticed that https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/konirosango and https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kon seem to be two different pages for the same person (@pluto_305 on twitter) and just wanted to let you guys know.

As it happens, I've noticed a few similar examples recently, and I'm in the middle of compiling a list that I intend to dump in this thread sometime within the next few days. Just saying that so no one else wastes their time on it.

Thanks to the first poster and I'll look forward to this.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Investigation still in progress, but in the meantime I have a question about something that came up along the way.

I've discovered that a lot of artists are listed here under things that aren't actually their pen names - for example, Twitter account names, or sometimes apparently random strings of characters. Or the names aren't romanised, for no obvious reason. Would it be a huge pain to change them to something more meaningful? (At a rough count, I've found about 20 examples so far.)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

It wouldn't be a huge pain. My preference in the long-term is to normalize as many names as possible, somewhere around here (all romanized):

pen name -> twitter name (if no pen name) -> twitter handle (if neither previous) -> Pixiv/Weibo/etc name. (if none previous)

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Is there any chance that we can get a “long strip”/webtoon button for series? We’ve been getting more long strip stuff recently and it would be nice to have the option to read it as one cohesive strip like mangadex would do. If it can’t be done then no biggie, thanks for the time

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Might need to take a look a this: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/678410

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Might need to take a look a this: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/678410

Done, thanks.

Is there any chance that we can get a “long strip”/webtoon button for series? We’ve been getting more long strip stuff recently and it would be nice to have the option to read it as one cohesive strip like mangadex would do. If it can’t be done then no biggie, thanks for the time

Unfortunately this would come rather far down the pipeline, so I wouldn't see it happening anytime soon, if at all. It is a highly-requested feature, though. Thanks to you too.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

pseudosmug posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=70501
"Wow" indeed… (looks like a bot.)

Definitely a bot, they'd edited it since you posted about it. Removed them.

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

Just wanted to mention I have the "Rape" tag blacklisted but I got notified of a one-shot which contains Rape today. Seems notifications don't filter by your blacklist. It wasn't till I got the rape part of the one-shot that I realised what happened.

Also I'd love to be able to blacklist more than 5 tags please.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Just wanted to mention I have the "Rape" tag blacklisted but I got notified of a one-shot which contains Rape today. Seems notifications don't filter by your blacklist. It wasn't till I got the rape part of the one-shot that I realised what happened.

It was because the Rape tag was added after the chapter upload hence why you probably got notified despite blacklisting the tag.

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

It was because the Rape tag was added after the chapter upload hence why you probably got notified despite blacklisting the tag.

Yeah, that makes sense. Just wish I didn't have to see it, I have... issues seeing that kind of stuff.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm very sorry for the mistake, we'll do better. I'm definitely hoping to have the blacklist limit expanded at some point in the near future.

last edited at Apr 13, 2021 2:01PM

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Question, I asked this before but no response, so, hope someone response this, is there any website that I can request someone to translate chinese comic/manga since one of people in Yuri Project Board said there's no chinese Translator in that website, or I could just straight ahead ask someone to translate straight ahead on this website?

last edited at Apr 13, 2021 5:58PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

...two different pages for the same person...

Progress report: Slow. It turns out I keep falling down various rabbit holes, so rather than days, it might be weeks. Or I might post in instalments. I need to stop clicking on names just because they look interesting...

My preference in the long-term is to normalize as many names as possible, somewhere around here (all romanized):

pen name -> twitter name (if no pen name) -> twitter handle (if neither previous) -> Pixiv/Weibo/etc name. (if none previous)

OK, I think we're roughly on the same page here.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Chika-chan's 〇〇 Won't Fit is attributed to the wrong artist. The correct details are:

Name: Mikan
Circle: Sakura Mikan Hoikuen
Pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/49890562

We don't currently have a page for them AFAICT. (This is a different Mikan.)

joined Jul 30, 2020

Another spambot in the Image Comments thread, not on an actual image:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=70539

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

There could be a tag for long strip style comics (like webtoons). They're pretty different from typical manga, in terms of how you read them. I often avoid them if I'm on desktop, but look for them if I'm on mobile. A tag could make this easier.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lilpha posted:

Another spambot in the Image Comments thread, not on an actual image:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=70539

Dealt with.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

ObtainCheese posted:

Question, I asked this before but no response, so, hope someone response this, is there any website that I can request someone to translate chinese comic/manga since one of people in Yuri Project Board said there's no chinese Translator in that website, or I could just straight ahead ask someone to translate straight ahead on this website?

You can try 4chan /u/'s translation thread, or this thread here. Be specific about what you want and provide whatever you have, that's more likely to attract help.

Doctor_Hoot posted:

There could be a tag for long strip style comics (like webtoons). They're pretty different from typical manga, in terms of how you read them. I often avoid them if I'm on desktop, but look for them if I'm on mobile. A tag could make this easier.

Definitely considering that, thank you.

Lizbo posted:

...two different pages for the same person...

Progress report: Slow. It turns out I keep falling down various rabbit holes, so rather than days, it might be weeks. Or I might post in instalments. I need to stop clicking on names just because they look interesting...

Good luck! Unless you go alphabetically, it seems inevitable...

Chika-chan's 〇〇 Won't Fit is attributed to the wrong artist. The correct details are:

Thanks, done.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Lizbo posted:

Thanks, done.

Um... You've put the doujin under Mikage...

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020
Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

This may have been suggested already, but here goes. A way to bookmark which chapter you're on for a series. If it alrwady exist, please tell me how do

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

This may have been suggested already, but here goes. A way to bookmark which chapter you're on for a series. If it alrwady exist, please tell me how do

Supposing (for the moment) that such a feature doesn't exist... I would probably just rely on my browser history for that (and have done, on occasion). If that's no good for you, how about making a custom list? Add the chapter to the list when you've read it, and there's your bookmark.

To reply you must either login or sign up.