Forum › Yuru Yuri discussion

joined May 24, 2014

This chapter is brought to you by Norm MacDonald.

Dirty work is criminally underrated

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Well this was a cute chapter for all the Yui x Kyoko shippers.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Great chapter! Kyouko is a fiend. It's funny, though; I'd be perfectly happy if they wound up together, but even though Kyouko has made her interest clear, I've never seen Yui even slightly indicate that she wants to take their old friendship further.

I sometimes wonder whether Namori is one of those people who believe that romances are best evolved from friendship, passion emerges from enjoyment of character, etc.

last edited at Mar 26, 2021 1:05PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Every chapter that teases Kyouko / Ayano must be accompanied by a chapter that teases Kyouko / Yui, and vice versa. It is necessary to maintain the balance of the universe.

10565163_743008845759906_7288022486001237074_n
joined Jun 24, 2016

Not me waiting for something else... Dang it eggplant (΄◉◞౪◟◉`)

__toshinou_kyouko_yuru_yuri_drawn_by_namori__943f8c23512b1acef28d53ce169c5909
joined Apr 24, 2020

Himawari's face sent me. And I'm always down for some SakuHima, so double treat.

joined Jun 7, 2019

idk if i'm the only one that noticed that sakurako is pretty mature lately :0
character developtment?in yuru yuri??

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

kokoa posted:

idk if i'm the only one that noticed that sakurako is pretty mature lately :0
character developtment?in yuru yuri??

Yeah, she's now fully aware of how baka she and the troubles she causes and admits it

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

There is quite a bit of character development in Yuru Yuri... It's just very slow. The most obvious is the Ayano / Toshino Kyouko relationship, but there's also a subtle but steady deepening of Chinatsu's appreciation for Akari's goodness and worth.

It seems to me that everything in this series is actually getting BETTER: Namori's funnier, the art is better, the writing is sharp, the character design keeps improving, and plot and character development are actually occurring.

It sort of makes up for Namori's absolute cruelty creating so many ships she has no intention of resolving.

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 10:58PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

To borrow the popular romcom metric of Progress, Yuru Yuri is the equivalent of someone frantically spot-jogging in their apartment during a pandemic. Ridiculous amounts of effort are expended, vast amounts of time invested, big gains obtained (in terms of sales, spinoffs and two anime seasons), many litres of sweat and tears shed, much thirst accumulated, every possible permutation of ships and pairings tried out on a playlist, and all of it without moving one singular inch. Namori's picked out a cozy spot, and she ain't gonna be moving on. This is the woman who collaborated with the staff on Endro, a show where one girl deadass proposes to another, complete with dresses and a party and then everyone pretends like nothing happened next episode. It'll take more than time and logic for her to bend to the petty demands of yuri fans.

(Incidentally, Machikado Mazoku fans are people who expected to see light trotting and are now screaming as we reach the Olympics, AdaShima fans are people looking at a girl trying and failing to give herself a pep-talk in a dressing room twelve hours before the race even begins, YagaKimi fans are people who watched a girl go, "Why am I even running? Hell if I know, but since I'm here, I might as well set a world record."; Bright and Cherry Amnesia fans are people looking at lesbian Usain Bolt trying to remember how to run again, Tadakoro-san fans are people who alternate between cheering for the main ship as it moves like the Flash and weeping when it collapses from anaemia, Euphonium fans are still coming to terms with the fact that there was no race at all, Citrus fans are debating the ethics of doping as long as it gets you first place, Yamada and Kase fans are applauding politely as the lead couple trots along an idyllic park, and Nettaigyo fans are high on opium and have locked themselves in a dark room to fiercely debate the meaning of running, locomotion and life itself.)

this comment is underrated

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Sakurako is still alive at the end of the chapter!?!?!?

I thought for sure this was going to end with a snapshot of Sakurako's grave.

Himawari's anger isn't nearly as violent as it should be—tsk, tsk.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

hell knows no fury like a woman scorched

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

But what did she WISH FOR TnT

I mean, you know that as soon as she gets back from the restroom and is reminded that she gets to make a wish, Akari is gonna say, "I wish that we can all stay this close forever!", or words to that effect, with that bright smile of hers.

joined Aug 16, 2014

hell knows no fury like a woman scorched

Twice to be exact. And without the protection of the layer of pajamas too

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Rip lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Rip lol

I know, right!? This is how I envisioned the final page:

Himawari is too nice. WAY too nice. Bah.

joined May 24, 2014

Ah, the good ol' "OMG! It was all on her head all along" twist. It's about time they pissed on it.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Lol "finally" she says.

joined Apr 29, 2019

Yuyushiki moment

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Aww, Chinatsu does care about Kyouko. She doesn't want her going insane.

And Kyouko thought about Chinatsu in terms of tea, rather than wanting to get into her panties.

last edited at May 26, 2021 11:54AM

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

Acceptable amount of Kyoko in this chapter.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Acceptable amount of Kyoko in this chapter.

I can take pretty much any amount, except when she's tormenting Akari.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I feel like Namori really really wants to write angst but can’t, and someday all the pent up angst from writing Yuru Yuri for all these years is gonna explode.

joined May 24, 2014

I feel like Namori really really wants to write angst but can’t, and someday all the pent up angst from writing Yuru Yuri for all these years is gonna explode.

She has other works with plenty of angst.

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Did I just get fucking gnomed in a Yuru Yuri translation?

To reply you must either login or sign up.