Forum › SHY discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh ho ho, that cliffhanger, hmm.

Yonagi%20doesn't%20care
joined Sep 26, 2016

At this point, this current arc has been going on for over half the total chapters if you count the start of it as Ai showing up. This pacing change has been really rough.

joined Sep 27, 2017

At this point, this current arc has been going on for over half the total chapters if you count the start of it as Ai showing up. This pacing change has been really rough.

Yeah I'd agree with the critique people have about the pacing, and various other elements. Still I'm here because at this point I simply want to see both sisters happy, fingers crossed.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Yeah I'd agree with the critique people have about the pacing, and various other elements. Still I'm here because at this point I simply want to see both sisters happy, fingers crossed.

How many volumes did this arc take again?
5 volumes? An arc like this should be 3 at max.
I think the author throw too much stuff on endless monologue but never reached an actual climax.

I felt like the early story throws a good drama and intense point of the story, we still get the same thing but it also comes with Talk no Jutsu.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A supernova is coming?!

I don't think this arc is dragging, and if that's the case is only because we have many characters this time, is not always about the sisters, is about Kfufu, the dragon guy.... the angel (and the tehehhehehe technique) the stuff in the space that allowed SHY getting a power up.

Sure, is a drag if you ignore all those elements of character development and introductions, including the fight of David Bowie (I forgot his name T-T) in the top of the dome against the shadow enemy too, if we pretend that this arc is just about the sister then yeah it's dragging.

last edited at Apr 11, 2021 9:03AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

For the record, I should note my comment isn't about me disliking this series, I actually love it. I just want the sisters (and tokimaru for that matter) to make it our okay =(

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh, if Shy is the sun she is closer of get the twins

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Shy evolved into SHINE !

When I became the sun
I shone life into the man's hearts
When I became the sun
I shone life into the man's hearts.

The frames this time were really nice, the author was inspired hehehe and also cool, we get to know a bit more about Kfufu... You know I used to hate her because of her power but as a character (just like in batman) she's really cool.

But I still hate her power, is too broken, only limited to the imagination and the limits put by the author (family friendly shonen manga) so she doesn't insta kill everyone.

Also thank you for the many updates!

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 9:02PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm not counting my eggs yet, I need some solid proof that the sister survives, and won't be killed randomly by a sniper or something...

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 10:26PM

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

The light even reached our main girl, that I already forgot the name, it's been so long.

Kfufu is still great though.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Obligatory: Praise the sun! \o/

Though I really wish ninjutsu in this setting had any kind of definitive rules, because it just comes across as plot magic.

Also I'm counting https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch71#16 as a shipping moment. Hoping we get a nice downtime chapter for a repeat of https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch05#4

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 12:02AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Though I really wish ninjutsu in this setting had any kind of definitive rules, because it just comes across as plot magic.

At least it's consistent in a sense, given how the whole "magic ninjas" thing came completely out of the left field without any prior indication that I can recall this sort of thing even existed in the setting.

But yeah this has by and large been New Superpowers As Plot Demands: The Arc.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The magic ninja plot powers are especially jarring for me because the chapter where Teru has to keep practicing and practicing until she works out how to use her power is one of my favorites.

We don't even see the ninja trio practice anything other than shuriken throwing in the flashbacks, as far as I can recall. Maybe some swordsmanship? Certainly nothing that explains growing wings or fusion dancing.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

At this point, this current arc has been going on for over half the total chapters if you count the start of it as Ai showing up.

At least it's consistent in a sense, given how the whole "magic ninjas" thing came completely out of the left field

Does this mean the magic ninja motif pivot was really sustainable for the series while the smaller, hero stories were not so popular?

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 1:11AM

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I'm not counting my eggs yet, I need some solid proof that the sister survives, and won't be killed randomly by a sniper or something...

Same, but I’m kinda hopeful now!

That said there is one other outcome / theory I’m holding on to... but I don’t want to speak it into existence lol.

joined Jul 26, 2016

At this point, this current arc has been going on for over half the total chapters if you count the start of it as Ai showing up.

At least it's consistent in a sense, given how the whole "magic ninjas" thing came completely out of the left field

Does this mean the magic ninja motif pivot was really sustainable for the series while the smaller, hero stories were not so popular?

I've certainly been suspecting for some time now that someone somewhere - readers? editors? author? - felt the series wasn't "Japanese enough" to sell and the rather abrupt swerve to Narutoland was the answer, because what's more quintessentially Japanese than shounen mango majik ninjas? :s

At least they should finally (given it just got dispelled) get out of the black dome which has seriously turned into the goddamn Namek and Soul Society of this series...

...say. Do I remember wrong or wasn't Stardust, like, fighting atop that thing the last we saw him and is thus now presumably in free fall towards a sudden date with the ground?

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 1:39AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...say. Do I remember wrong or wasn't Stardust, like, fighting atop that thing the last we saw him and is thus now presumably in free fall towards a sudden date with the ground?

Century flew up there a couple chapters ago, so he can probably catch Stardust. So there's another shipping moment I can get behind. :)

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 1:44AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Century flew up there a couple chapters ago, so he can probably catch Stardust. So there's another shipping moment I can get behind. :)

Dat Special Relationship hmm? (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ring of Fire!

The taste of love is sweet when hearts like ours meet,
I fell for you like a child, oh, but the fire went wild

"YOU HAVE VIOLATED MY RING OF FIRE! ...WHICH IS DEFINITELY NOT THE TITLE OF AN ADULT VIDEO"
"You sure? Because I think I saw that one."
- Dread Rorkannu, Lord of the Dank Dimension, and The Captain, Nextwave

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

Small detail, but I like how on the "enemies" block their eyes from the light of the supernova and the "heroes" look straight into it

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

wait...so was there any explanation as to why that guy suddenly sprouted wings or did i miss something?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

bubbleteabird posted:

wait...so was there any explanation as to why that guy suddenly sprouted wings or did i miss something?

You missed the part where they talked with rocks xP

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

He's a magic ninja. Pay attention!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Is it over? Is the magic ninja arc finally over? Are we free?!

To reply you must either login or sign up.