Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This is getting super interesting! There are a lot of different paths this could take and I have no idea where its gonna lead!

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

Noooo does this mean that Miko is also a monster? Maybe she killed the real Miko and impersonated her to get close to Hinako? They show the necklace a lot and the prayer beads. Maybe a beast being restrained under charms or something? A kitsune?

If Miko is a monster or something, I hope she isn't evil ;_;

If your theory’s right that’d be so fucked up. I really hope that’s not the case cause I feel something like that would just make Hinako wanna die even more...

20191227_223541
joined Dec 27, 2019

Yeah, I got wrong on the "maybe Miko is also a mermaid" part BUT I still called it hahahaha! I knew she was not a human, the difference is that she doesn't think Hinako is just "a piece of meat" or a fcking "banquet" but she actually likes her lmao

joined Sep 21, 2014

Get away from your friend thing and come to me, the thing that wants to kill and eat you!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Im goona take a shot through the Fog

Miko was indeed a Miko, however she has died (maybe during a failed exorcism) and the Miko er see now is a shrine spirit in disguise

So basically Miko pulled a Reverse card and got Hinako back, but Shiori came back with a skip and a draw 2..and I need to stop playing Uno before reading lmao

joined Dec 13, 2020

Im goona take a shot through the Fog

Miko was indeed a Miko, however she has died (maybe during a failed exorcism) and the Miko er see now is a shrine spirit in disguise

She's... something. Not a normal human being. But I can't say what ftm. Until we have more clues, I keep my guesses for myself.

joined Oct 10, 2016

SAY WHAAAAAAAT
Shit's wild, yo

Guessing Miko is the one that killed her family to be honest...

But why would she leave Hinako then? Just to feel her suffering?

last edited at Mar 3, 2021 7:18AM

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

I really like Miko, she seems like a good person or monster, and its obvious that she really cares for Hinako. Unlike that mermaid Shiori who's only after some delish food.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I'm not buying the "Miko actually cares about Hinako" theory. She might be after the very same thing as Shiori, just going about it in a comparatively underhanded way, rather than being upfront about it.
Curious to find out who and what exactly she is, as well as what her deal really is.

Also this manga is gorgeous. The art gave me some pleasant YagaKimi-vibes, particularly this page in chapter 1 reminded me of the way this shot was handled in the anime adaptation. That and Shiori's design and overbearing nature remind me of Touko, so I couldn't help giving them the same "inside voice".

last edited at Mar 3, 2021 5:16PM

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Damn this cliffhanger...

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Maybe Miko was using Hinako as a bait to hunt monsters or something like that? Idk what Shiori might have found that could incriminate Miko, since i believe there weren't clues regarding ill intent Miko could have towards Hinako. I'm really curious to see what the author will come up with :3

joined Aug 29, 2019

Maybe Miko was using Hinako as a bait to hunt monsters or something like that? Idk what Shiori might have found that could incriminate Miko, since i believe there weren't clues regarding ill intent Miko could have towards Hinako. I'm really curious to see what the author will come up with :3

My guess is that she found a clue that this Miko is actually not the same entity as this Miko - or just a figment of her imagination/false memory.

last edited at Mar 4, 2021 7:30AM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

My guess is that she found a clue that this Miko is actually not the same entity as this Miko - or just a figment of her imagination/false memory.

Yeah thinking the same thing. It's possible the student records show that Miko is not actually a student at the school or if there is a "Miko", it's a completely different person.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah thinking the same thing. It's possible the student records show that Miko is not actually a student at the school or if there is a "Miko", it's a completely different person.

I'm curious to see what it is exactly. It has to be something that the school staff wouldn't notice, yet would be convincing to Hinako when Shiori points it out. The teachers would probably know if she wasn't actually a student or obviously not the same person. Guess we'll find out who's lying in April.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Actually - unless it is indeed a false memory, which is just as likely, considering Shiori's words - those are likely the same Miko already, since she's likely been protecting Hinako ever since. Whether her friend Miko actually existed (or was this Miko) before she became the only friend to stay with her is another question, though. We'll see next time, I guess.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Actually - unless it is indeed a false memory, which is just as likely, considering Shiori's words - those are likely the same Miko already, since she's likely been protecting Hinako ever since. Whether her friend Miko actually existed (or was this Miko) before she became the only friend to stay with her is another question, though. We'll see next time, I guess.

That could also be it. I had discounted that possibility as I hadn't considered that she might be able to organically age alongside Hinako. Assuming she's some shapeshifter or another, it could very well be the case that she got close to her years ago and stayed by her side since then. Not sure how that would fit in with the student registry being a clue, though. It would seem plausible that she's taken a liking to Hinako and genuinely wants to protecc, but after Shiori's words I wouldn't be all that surprised if she'd been playing the long game ever since.

last edited at Mar 4, 2021 10:12AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Too many theories, not enough clues anyone but Shiori has actually seen. Just have to wait and see.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I re-read this in case there were any clues about Miko that I missed the the first time around. If there were, I missed them again... However, it turns out that Hinako's scars were clearly visible right from the start - or would have been if the screen tones hadn't been all messed up - not to mention that she even shows them to Shiori here. So much for my memory of events. Also, they're from lacerations, not burns, not that it makes much difference. Though we can also see that Hinako doesn't have any particular reason to keep her neck covered up, and maybe not her legs either, so make of that what you will.

As a bonus, I figured out that the action takes place in the city of Iyo (伊予), if I've deciphered the summer festival poster correctly. An unremarkable seaside town, apparently.

joined May 3, 2014

another month to wait T^T damn I really wanna see what is she!

Baitola
joined Feb 23, 2021

monster fight PLSSSS

joined Oct 14, 2016

maybe she's a tengu/shapeshifter ,and coincidentally her bead is the same as kiichi hogen from fgo which is a tengu.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Does Miko interact with anyone else at the school? Maybe she's a ghost, or never existed as a student.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Does Miko interact with anyone else at the school? Maybe she's a ghost, or never existed as a student.

Her running arrival in chapter 3 is accompanied by many comments and a warning not to run in the hallway, she does have her own seat in class, part of the reason for the seating change is also said to be her close relationship with Hinako, and she's held back after class by the teacher, giving Shiori the chance to go home alone with Hinako, so clearly it's not just Hinako (and Shiori) who can see and interact with her.

last edited at Mar 5, 2021 5:11AM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Hinako just can't have nice things huh?

To reply you must either login or sign up.