Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

baka-inu posted:

I'm honestly really not a fan of Saeko so I keep reading this in hopes that they break up. The ex seems like a way better fit

I believe they already broke in the raw (chapter like 50 or something)

Hey, use spoiler tags next time.

Got it, sorry im not used to this. But to be honest I don't think this can be considered spoiler cause of the oneshot

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This author has the weirdest notion about where's a good place to end a chapter.

I'll second that. Side character seemingly gets a relationship... okay? Not a lot of tension and not really an end-on-a-laugh page, either, at least to me. Almost feels like a filler page, like a chapter#.1 sorta thing.

That "If you love me, kiss me" part is a microcosm of everything wrong with their relationship; they're trying to use their physical connection to compensate for their lack of trust and a mental/emotional connection.

I'll also second that. Which simultaneously makes it a very realistic college relationship and frustrating (maybe tense would be a better word?) to watch. Like removing a splinter; it's going to hurt but hopefully the end result is worth it.

At least the translation makes the dialog a fun read. Appealingly quirky without ridiculous exaggerations, really works with the plausible slow motion train wreck relationship.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Got it, sorry im not used to this. But to be honest I don't think this can be considered spoiler cause of the oneshot

Regardless of what happens in the one-shot, there's always a decent possibility of adaptations differing significantly from their source material, so I would consider it a spoiler regardless. You weren't talking about the one-shot, but about the raws of this version in particular, so please do tag that kind of stuff as spoilers in the future. Honestly, from the beginning, I think untagged spoilers for the one-shot shouldn't have been allowed, not that there's much point in course correction by now.

I'll also second that. Which simultaneously makes it a very realistic college relationship and frustrating (maybe tense would be a better word?) to watch. Like removing a splinter; it's going to hurt but hopefully the end result is worth it.

Yep. The characters have huge problems with how they (don't) communicate, but they're self-aware and ashamed and you can see where they're coming from. This isn't going to pass without a lot of pain, but you get the feeling that everyone will eventually be okay, no matter where they go from here. Compared to other yuri series, here, I find myself rooting not for the relationship so much as the happiness of the individual characters.

BTW, the official translation has a similar feel to it. Perhaps most importantly, it preserves the "NOOT NOOT."

joined Aug 29, 2019

I saw this chapter as some progress in a somewhat right direction at least. I mean, Miwa no only made up her mind a bit, but also reached out to Saeko and, at least to some extent, talked about her concerns and issues. Not nearly as much as they would need, but hey, it's something.
I also think that Saeko was more than half-joking about the kiss on the stairs and would have been kinda caught off-guard, even before the other guy entered the picture.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

See I like Miwa but she royally fucked up here
Like in this situation there's no damn reason not to be honest if you don't have it in mind to do wrong by Saeko
In this situation if I was Miwa I would have been totally upfront with
Like fucking Saeko teed it up for her when she talked about the old flame and if she would make a move on her
If I was Miwa I would have been like "Holy shit Saeko are you a psychic or something because that's what one hundred percent actually happened."

I find this really funny, as I've been in their shoes before, all 3 of em, so it's like a painful been there done that funny. Also partially due to spoilers. I'm so conflicted and I love it.

joined Sep 4, 2020

See I like Miwa but she royally fucked up here
Like in this situation there's no damn reason not to be honest if you don't have it in mind to do wrong by Saeko
In this situation if I was Miwa I would have been totally upfront with
Like fucking Saeko teed it up for her when she talked about the old flame and if she would make a move on her
If I was Miwa I would have been like "Holy shit Saeko are you a psychic or something because that's what one hundred percent actually happened."

You don't have much sympathy for your girlfriend do you? I feel like anyone would want to hide something like that (or at least not talk about it) over the risk of offending the one who you are currently in a romantic relationship with. It would basically be paramount to cheating.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Miwa please just tell her..

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I somehow only just realized that what Shiho said about her ex-boyfriend in Chapter 27:

We got along okay as friends, so I was like, "hey, why not?" Didn't work out, though. We split up after a couple months.

was probably meant to parallel Miwa and Saeko's relationship.

Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

The "ripping of the garments" in that last panel lol

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

ugh this is one of my favorite manga for the realism and nice art, but it really has me tearing my own hair out over how painfully non-communicative everybody is. ah well, c'est la vie

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

It's really looking bad for our main couple here I gotta say. I'm almost starting to cheer on the childhood friend route more at this point... Either way this manga never fails to grab my attention and make me think. The perpetual communication issues are infuriating though, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if they eventually went away here... Progress?

Leabian%20pingu
joined Feb 19, 2021

I think this manga is reaaally interesting, because its realistic. The main couple has shit to work through, and its not happy happy all the time.
I like it a lot so far

joined Mar 9, 2020

as the newest raw, i gonna stop reading this manga, seems like they really enjoy the shurajou between exes which i can’t really bear

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Ahhhhh when is the fucking new chapter coming out???!?!?!!

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

DAMN, I can't wait for the update of this manga. I love it soo much!

joined May 15, 2021

This needs an update

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

The third volume of this just came out in English, by the way. It covers up to Chapter 27. The fourth volume is supposed to release in October.

21stcenturyschizoidman
Firepunchforme
joined May 23, 2021

This release schedule is even worse than the time I was sus!

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

These two are terrible at communicating oh god it hurts so much

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

IT'S TOO REALISTIC, I'M IN AGONY

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Remember when this series released?

joined May 15, 2021

How much chapters are out now? Btw, thats some fcked up toxicity right there....

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Half a fucking year after the last actualization, finally a new chapter came out. Hope the release frequency will be better now

joined Mar 26, 2021

And I thought it was dropped or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.