Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This man needs to leave her flowers alone. Better yet, just leave.

Exlkqqju0aejg_x-orig
joined Apr 30, 2019

I thought it would bother me to see another conflict of jealousy again but the chapter was very funny this manga I still love it

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

^exactly what i was thinking. it isn’t nearly as dramatic and drawn-out as i thought it would be. i love how it instead ended up with yamada just dorkishly reassuring kase, which then led to some funny solo yamada bits as well. throw in some kase being just so dang cool (even if her jealousy is kinda worrying), and you get a pretty great chapter.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's incredible, just don't have any more feelings for this story at all, like the chapter started out so random, felt like went from nothing to nowhere, next chapter couldn't care less? And finished off so abruptly it seems, like author was reminded it had to wrap things up and just did.
If I was in charge of this story, I'd of built mini-character arcs, as to building the MCs characters too, then again like I said many times before, this story had to be concluded at their High School days, this whole uni thing feels so unnecessary.

i'm pretty sure the author meant to end it there, but for whatever reason changed it. it went a long time between end of HS and beginning of college. i'm enjoying the new chapters, though kase needs to cool it with the jealousy good grief lol.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Kase-san is aware of the genre tropes and tries to protect her girlfriend, nothing wrong with that!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Tomoka-chan", eh? That certainly was nice.

And looks like the prince has managed to give Yamada a reason to make an angry face even without scrunching it up on purpose. :D

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Boyo, back off from her flowers. Also, who do you think you are, calling her by her first name? Shoo.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 8:07AM

There’s a really weird dynamic in this latest “arc”. As with so many titles in this genre, it turns out that this was a yuri bait story all along. Is Yamada a lesbian? Is she bi? Is she attracted to women, or just Kase? Is the Prince trans and if he is, does that mean that Yamada is a lesbian? Is Kase abusing/stalking Yamada? At least the author is aware of how ridiculous it is that Yamada has a face like a smacked arse every time Kase kisses her...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

As with so many titles in this genre, it turns out that this was a yuri bait story all along

What did i even read

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As with so many titles in this genre, it turns out that this was a yuri bait story all along

What did i even read

You and me both—if a story about two girls who are madly in love with each other pretty much at first sight and who are in a committed relationship with each other and who have (rather passionate) sex with one another multiple times counts as “yuri bait,” I’m pretty sure I don’t even want to know what the idiosyncratic definition of “real yuri” would be.

What did i even read

My point is that this title is the male ideal of a “lesbian relationship”. The one lesbian character (Kase) isn’t allowed to express attraction for women. Yamada, whose sexuality is never expressed, is only allowed to be attracted to Kase and no other women. So Yamada and Kase are essentially het cucked to each other. That is, the only threat to their relationship is allowed to come from a strong male character. Male readers clearly enjoy a story about two hot girls that are only hot for each other, but, oh yeah, a guy that I would want to be and identify with is the only guy that is allowed into the attraction pool. So the male reader is satisfied that all other male interlopers are cucked out of contention by this bait lesbian relationship.

In these titles it’s never okay for ostensibly gay female characters to express attraction or desire for women. And that’s because a lot of these titles are written by and for men.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yamada, whose sexuality is never expressed, is only allowed to be attracted to Kase and no other women.

Yeah, that's like what ? A lot of Yuris about there. Most of yuri never outright told that the MCs are lesbians, they just happen to fall in love with a woman, like Yuu or Nanami in Yagate or like Mei in Citrus.

So Yamada and Kase are essentially het cucked to each other.

What does that even mean ?

That is, the only threat to their relationship is allowed to come from a strong male character.

Forgot that Inoue was a strong male character. And that's also forgetting all that happen since they're together and the many things they faced. It's like the first time a male happen to step-in and we don't even know if he is interested in Yamada.

The one lesbian character (Kase) isn’t allowed to express attraction for women.

For one, we don't know if Kase is lesbian, it's just rumors that Miwakacchi heard, there is no actual proof that Kase is a lesbian or was attracted to girls/womens before Yamada and yeah she don't express affection to others womens, she is blindly in love with Yamada and only see her as her center of her world.That's like the main aspect of Kase in their relation, she see Yamada as a goddess.

a guy that I would want to be and identify with is the only guy that is allowed into the attraction pool.

cf up here, i don't freaking know how you can forget Inoue or for that matter that Yamada is insecure about every GIRLS who are near Kase like Inoue or Kase's college roommate. but yeah "only male" hey.

Yamada, whose sexuality is never expressed, is only allowed to be attracted to Kase and no other women.

Yeah, that's like what ? A lot of Yuris about there. Most of yuri never outright told that the MCs are lesbians, they just happen to fall in love with a woman, like Yuu or Nanami in Yagate or like Mei in Citrus.

The implication is that they’re young inexperienced women who are “experimenting” or “going through a phase”. And by the way, “oh, it’s just a phase” is a very common way for parents/families of lgbt people to rationalize their sexuality. And that’s my biggest problem with these kind of titles. It’s okay to be gay. It’s okay for gay women to be express appreciation for and be attracted to women that aren’t their partner. It’s okay for it not to be “just a phase”.

So Yamada and Kase are essentially het cucked to each other.

What does that even mean ?

“Cuckholding” is a way that one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with. The partner that grants permission feels that because they determine who their partner is attracted to, they can also control their partner’s attraction to them. In this case, the author has locked down who Yamada and Kase are attracted to down to each other. Male readers enjoy this relationship because “if I can’t have them, neither can anyone else male or female”. Female readers are out of the equation because neither Yamada nor Kase are granted permission to be attracted to other women. So this is primarily a het dynamic.

That is, the only threat to their relationship is allowed to come from a strong male character.

Forgot that Inoue was a strong male character. And that's also forgetting all that happen since they're together and the many things they faced. It's like the first time a male happen to step-in and we don't even know if he is interested in Yamada.

I’m only talking about this current arc.

The one lesbian character (Kase) isn’t allowed to express attraction for women.

For one, we don't know if Kase is lesbian, it's just rumors that Miwakacchi heard, there is no actual proof that Kase is a lesbian or was attracted to girls/womens before Yamada and yeah she don't express affection to others womens, she is blindly in love with Yamada and only see her as her center of her world.That's like the main aspect of Kase in their relation, she see Yamada as a goddess.

Kase is dramatized as the classic “butch” (I really hate that word btw) and is super controlling and dominant (both physically and emotionally) over Yamada. To me, the clear implication is that she’s supposed to be the prototypical “dyke”, and she’s the male author’s idea of what that would be. Basically a man trapped in a woman’s body.

a guy that I would want to be and identify with is the only guy that is allowed into the attraction pool.

cf up here, i don't freaking know how you can forget Inoue or for that matter that Yamada is insecure about every GIRLS who are near Kase like Inoue or Kase's college roommate. but yeah "only male" hey.

Again, I’m only talking about this current arc.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“Cuckholding” is a way that one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with.

There is no such word as "cuckholding."

And that is definitely not what "cuckolding" is.

"In basic terms, cuckolding is a fetish or kink in which a person gets turned on by their partner having sex with someone else."

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sex/cuckolding

“Cuckholding” is a way that one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with.

"In basic terms, cuckolding is a fetish or kink in which a person gets turned on by their partner having sex with someone else."

Cool, now go look up “pedant”.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You've demonstrated in other threads that you like to make up your own definitions of words in order to pathologize fictional behavior--that's your kink, whatever.

But words mean what they mean, not what you make up.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 1:48PM

joined Aug 29, 2014

“butch” (I really hate that word btw)

Why?

You've demonstrated in other threads that you like to make up your own definitions of words in order to to pathologize fictional behavior--that's your kink, whatever.

But words mean what they mean.

Words as defined by the highly regarded, academically cited “healthline.com”.

Go ahead and attack me personally if “that’s your kink”.

“butch” (I really hate that word btw)

Why?

It’s a pejorative. It’s been reappropriated but it still holds stigma if you’re from a certain generation.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

To me, the clear implication is that she’s supposed to be the prototypical “dyke”, and she’s the male author’s idea of what that would be. Basically a man trapped in a woman’s body.

The author is a woman. You're trying to apply to her a thought process she obviously doesn't follow. I myself am not a huge fan of Kase's overbearing jealousy, but it's clearly just meant to be a part of the dynamic that the author finds cute/appealing. And Yamada herself has explicitly noted that Kase is not simply "cool" in the way a guy would be and that she has feminine qualities too.

As for the rest, I don't know how you would think this story is meant to appeal more to male readers. Have you seen how any male character has been treated up to this point? This is the first time one (that's not an old man like one of the teachers) has ever been drawn with an actual face rather than a henohenomoheji and treated like a proper character rather than a prop for Kase to "rescue" Yamada from. If anything, it's been a series that's shown nothing but dismissal if not slight contempt towards the male gender. Specifying you're just talking about this arc is a cop out since the story so far clearly shows that the context is different.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 1:56PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Words as defined by the highly regarded, academically cited “healthline.com”.

From Wikipedia:

Controversy

Questions have been raised about the quality and neutrality of the articles in Healthline. One critic noted that a Healthline article about a new drug used promotional language, copied from the drug-maker's press release, neglected to cite adverse side effects, and framed the drugs claimed benefits in misleading language not correctly representing the evidence reported in a classical peer-reviewed medical journal.

Other critics have noted:

• headlines that exaggerate the substance of the article;

• inadequate journalistic and scientific skepticism, when reporting "news";

• failure to balance quotes from vested interests with quotes from interviews of independent sources;

• reported medical "news" that had not yet validated by publication in a peer-reviewed journal;

• implied clinical applicability for developments not yet so scientifically validated;

• failure to balance reports of claimed theoretical benefits, of a new treatment, with a corresponding report of the associated cost or required frequency of treatment;

• failure to cite sources;

• failure to link to source of studies cited in the article;

Hmm.

Look, that happened to be near the top of the searches--I could cite a hundred more places with a version of that definition--its peer-review status is irrelevant when it's saying the same as innumerable standard sources. I cannot find anyone who says it's about:

"one partner controls who the other partner is allowed to be attracted to or be physical with. The partner that grants permission feels that because they determine who their partner is attracted to, they can also control their partner’s attraction to them."

Since time immemorial, a "cuckold" is a person whose spouse is cheating on them.

As a sex fetish, it's someone who gets off on being cheated on (usually either watching or simply the knowledge that the cheating is taking place).

"Cuck" has become a fashionable term among the alt-right, who use it as general-purpose insult. I have yet to see a rational person use it seriously.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Kase showing up and telling Yamada to stop going to her club just because of some petty unfounded jealousy, literally immediately after establishing how much she was enjoying it, was about to make me actually wicked uncomfortable and creeped out, but then I remembered what series I was reading.
So, nevermind, carry on then, I guess

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Okay, children. Take your bickering to PM or whatever and let the rest of us enjoy our cute, wholesome lesbian story.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 2:17PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Female readers are out of the equation because neither Yamada nor Kase are granted permission to be attracted to other women.

Oh yeah, cause Yamada totally don't think that Inoue was Kase's ex girlfriend or was of her roommate because she can be near Kase everyday. No, that would totally go against what you said. It'qs funny how you just take what go in the sense of your arguments and totally forget what go against.

Also yeah, it doesn't take a long search on Google to not only see that it's cuckold and not cuckhold and what it mean.

Okay, children. Take your bickering to PM or whatever and let the rest of us enjoy our cute, wholesome lesbian story.

What PM ?

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 2:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kase showing up and telling Yamada to stop going to her club just because of some petty unfounded jealousy, literally immediately after establishing how much she was enjoying it, was about to make me actually wicked uncomfortable and creeped out, but then I remembered what series I was reading.
So, nevermind, carry on then, I guess

But Yamada immediately laughed at her about it, which is a different response than usual. True, it’s Yamada saying that other people wouldn’t be interested in her, rather than saying she wouldn’t be interested in someone else. But it was still Yamada not taking Kase so seriously.

To reply you must either login or sign up.