Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OMG Yashahime is what I feared the most... IS just the filler parts of Boruto but without a manga or anything to have hopes that EVENTUALLY something will happen, but that's not the worst part, look at this lol https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/yashahime-princess-half-demon/episode-14/.168249

I only saw 3 or 4 episodes btw then a "pirate" shows up and he gave me a bad feeling so I stopped watching.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Okay, what the hell is Wonder Egg Priority? The first episode dealt with bullying, which I usually avoid, but it was intriguing enough I kept watching. To put it mildly, it's weird. But it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

It seems to be about friendship rather than yuri so we'll get called delusional if we try to read into it, but it's not like that has stopped us before.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wonder Egg Priority reminds me of an Ikuhara series, but without the camp. Got some good direction and high production values. Probably my favourite premiere of the season. ...Also, with how Ai and Koito's relationship was presented, and the episode ending with Ai commenting on a girl's figure, I'm not sure it's going to be not yuri

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Bullying is usually too much for me to handle but I'm definitely watching this one.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The way the supernatural elements are being handled strongly reminds me of Ikuhara's works, and he's never felt the need to explain that shit. If WEP is pulling from his works as much as it feels like, I wouldn't expect any sort of 'it was all a dream' twist

Personal theory: You'll note that Ai and Koito both have love-themed names. This makes me suspect that Ai and Koito had feelings for each other. Koito was bullied not for befriending Ai, but for being a lesbian

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

OMG Yashahime is what I feared the most... IS just the filler parts of Boruto but without a manga or anything to have hopes that EVENTUALLY something will happen, but that's not the worst part, look at this lol https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/yashahime-princess-half-demon/episode-14/.168249

Yea, pretty much. I got bored of it after episode 8. Not like Inuyasha was some masterpiece, but at least it was engaging enough and it didn't feel completely flat and without a dept, unlike Yashahime that made me feel like I'm watching some very low effort kids stuff. Barely anything happens every episode, characters are very 1 note and have no real chemistry, animation isn't anything special and fights have barely any thought put in them. The show is pretty much bare-bones. Calling it filler parts is pretty apt as well. I agree with everything in article, especially the way it feels like there's that super mega important, but vague overarching plot, but series it so slow paced, it'll probably take 50 episode for it to go anywhere and 200 to finish. Like I got excited we'll get to see old cast every now and then and then they're nowhere to be found (outside of Miroku and his episode was super underwhelming as well). The same when it seemed like they're finally addressing Setsuna's stolen dreams, but then they just kinda forgot about that plot point. Honestly Boruto did the mixture of old cast with new cast/their children way better and entertaining than this. And yea, the beat with Moroha never earning anything, outside of just getting old really fast and not even being funny in the first place, reminded me more of some comedy shows like Flintstones etc. rather than a proper story.

I only saw 3 or 4 episodes btw then a "pirate" shows up and he gave me a bad feeling so I stopped watching.

He actually shows up in episode 7.

last edited at Jan 13, 2021 12:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Too bad about Yashahime, maybe once 48 or so chapters have been released, people can point out the "good ones" but yeah right now is just too much for kids and not much for the fans or someone looking for story...

And about Wonder Egg... YEAH! this is GOOD anime, I'm amazed, intrigued and looking forward for more, the best surprise of the season without a doubt and the best in a loooong time, the fact that the first episode already has enough to make theories is pretty amazing too.

Sadly I don't know much about Ikuhara, in my case, I'm getting some serious Persona series vibes from this!

joined Jul 1, 2018

The way the supernatural elements are being handled strongly reminds me of Ikuhara's works, and he's never felt the need to explain that shit. If WEP is pulling from his works as much as it feels like, I wouldn't expect any sort of 'it was all a dream' twist

Personal theory: You'll note that Ai and Koito both have love-themed names. This makes me suspect that Ai and Koito had feelings for each other. Koito was bullied not for befriending Ai, but for being a lesbian

This anime would continue to be amazing even if it doesn’t explain everything. The “see no evils” kinda gave away the fact that the girls in the alternate reality were bullied (hence why they don’t go after Ai). It’s interesting that it’s not the people doing the bullying, but the ones that ignore it that cause the most harm. I’m sure Koito was being bullied (for unknown reasons at this point) and Ai just turned the other way. This world might be her way of breaking out of that she’ll of going with the group to not stick out.

Overall, amazing episode, I’m looking forward to more

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

https://youtu.be/FKphvRlWXGM

Praying for this to end up being yuri. Since they didn't announce it as yuri, I don't have high hopes.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

More info: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/.168442

Yeah, it sure looks like it should be yuri, but PA Works has a long history of making anime with primarily female casts that don't go there. But yuri is big these days, so, not impossible

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hylarn posted:

Yeah, it sure looks like it should be yuri, but PA Works has a long history of making anime with primarily female casts that don't go there. But yuri is big these days, so, not impossible

What's that Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru with serial number filed off?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The new Aikatsu show still feels like a bizarre concept. At least it looks better than most 3D-2D projects.

Episode one was not great tbh:
Besides the fact that they have idol personas kinda like Vtubers, it starts the same way as the OG but a bit more rushed. The top idol girl retires the next day and her manager scouts a replacement immediately without announcing anything? New MC-chan gets a Digimon and just beats the 2nd best girl no problem. A bit of a Mary sue problem? I hope not.
No one realized it's a new girl in the top idol body somehow but they're going to explore that later by the looks of it. The original top idol will show up later with a new avatar so I guess it's a set up for S1 plot?

The visuals are decent, music is good imo. I don't have much to say, not a great first episode but I'll keep watching in case it's good later.
The Yuri? Nothing but there was a bit of hand holding.

last edited at Jan 16, 2021 7:40AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Ah yes, two car, good times.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Mushoku Tensei is soooooooooo good.
It's the book series that established the basic concepts of the isekai genre, you know? Everything made later took its premises from there. The anime adaptation is very well done, it looks real pretty.

And I'm having a blast reading the hysterical reviews of prudes and prigs who can't stand the idea of a 40-something otaku guy reincarnating as a newborn baby who then pervs on his new mother's boobs and steals her used panties. XDDDDDDDDD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The trailer looked amazing, but I do have one problem... not with the pervert part but the young looking part, you see, I really really don't like shotas in anime, not the cute type, annoying type or serious ones, I just go "uughhh" so I would like to watch it but sadly I can't just skip everything until her turns older, right? thats how it is for me... so F

Anyway! I just saw Non non biyori s03 ep02, Hotaru is so cuteee hahaha

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's the book series that established the basic concepts of the isekai genre, you know? Everything made later took its premises from there.

That's only kinda true? While plenty of later works did clearly pull from it, isekai as a genre was already established at the time. Youjo Senki, Log Horizon, and Isekai Cheat Magician, among others, all predate Mushoku Tensei

Personally, I didn't find it to have enough of a hook to keep watching

last edited at Jan 17, 2021 9:13PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Now for GOOD NEWS Blue Period is getting an anime!!!!! One of the best works I've read in my short life! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-01-18/the-blue-period-art-manga-gets-tv-anime-this-year/.168544 is about art students

joined Jan 21, 2015

People seemed lukewarm about the first episode of Gekidol, but after three episodes I'm enjoying it. It's technically not about idols but about a theater troupe that incorporates songs and dances into its plays. I'll probably still need to skip parts of the performances, though. That stuff gives me anxiety.

There are already a bunch of things I'm curious about and there is potential for yuri. Although I feel bad for the main character's classmate, she very obviously has a crush on her but she'll have to stay on the sidelines.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Girl's Frontline is getting an anime! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-01-22/girls-frontline-game-gets-2021-animation-by-warner-bros-japan/.168674 but now is up to the higher forces of the universe to know if the "self insert" is girl or generic kirito guy

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Girl's Frontline is getting an anime! https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-01-22/girls-frontline-game-gets-2021-animation-by-warner-bros-japan/.168674 but now is up to the higher forces of the universe to know if the "self insert" is girl or generic kirito guy

If LL did anything, it showed us what kind of self insert is clearly superior.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I've been watching A Place Further than the Universe and while I'm usually not a fan of CGDCT shows I am loving this! Shirase, Mari and Hinata are really well written characters with wonderful dynamics all around.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SF posted:

I've been watching A Place Further than the Universe and while I'm usually not a fan of CGDCT shows I am loving this! Shirase, Mari and Hinata are really well written characters with wonderful dynamics all around.

Well, maybe because it's not CGDCT (or so I heard).

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Its not, in any way, imo. Just because the main cast are all girls and its not action doesn't make it cgdct.
I will agree its amazing - and makes most people cry.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BUT the girls are cute, that much is clear... I would put it on the drama/slice of life category

To reply you must either login or sign up.