Forum › Michiwarikusa Monogatari – Vampire After the Doomsday discussion

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

even the apocalypse is nicer in japan well maybe its because they have less leather and less random never ending highways I dunno

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 8:25PM

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

This is so good I don't know where to start.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The art reminds of Asagi Ryuu.

Style used on backgrounds is generic, but really high quality... akin to Asagi Ryuu, except that he loves to use lots of different perspectives. Character art is different around the facial area at least.

I just welcome any awesome background art, specially in yuri where it is rare, I know it is usually completely omitted to save time.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 9:52PM

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Lesbian vampires in post apocalyptic world?

Gimme a hell yeah!!

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but when I saw that dark haired vampire the first thing that popped into my mind was Marceline from Adventure Time. It's also really funny when take into consideration they are both dress similarly, act similarly and have/had a lesbian relationship as well. She's basically a spitting image of her! If she later proves she can play guitar and has a great singing voice, then any theory of this being a coincidence is dead.

joined Nov 25, 2014

It seems like the two with black hair are the actual vampires, I think the other two are bonded with them, notice how the black haired ones are the ones who went after blood. Perhaps they have fangs as a side effect of the bond?

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

I'm liking the chapter, but still got to wait for more chapters to actually determine my likeness of it.

joined Jun 5, 2014

still better love story than twilight

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

This was cute and all but goddamn that tongue stabbing aaaagh DX

indeed ..That tongue stab was too much for me ..

But loved the rest of it :)

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This is cool just because. But also, when you think about it pretty much every cliche about vampire stories is really more about their interactions with humans. Subtract the humans and suddenly they're almost fresh brand new.

I'm pretty sure they're all vampires. The whole point is the humans are gone. Presumably the humans were all wiped out by something that vampires weren't affected by, like a gengineered plague or something.
On perpetual motion--they were talking about eating. So maybe they do actually derive some sustenance from food and blood is an extra need over and above, vampire secret sauce kind of thing. But meanwhile it occurs to me that the subtle tragedy here is that they're still alive, and potentially immortal, but they can't reproduce (without humans). So they're just sort of existing in the ruins of human civilization but there isn't much point rebuilding . . . for what? For whom?

Finally, I want a Donyatsu crossover! :p
( http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/donyatsu-r3637 )

joined Jul 5, 2014

I'm more curious about 'what' happened in the past.
If you look at it, they made a point to put a downed plane by the Sakura trees. This gives us some inclination that whatever it was, it happened suddenly.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Lovely story, hope it remains so chill and fluffy like this first chapter. I'm really tired of drama starring vampires.

I
joined May 21, 2014

why i think the author thought to create a perfect yuri world, by the plot: no het, less drama, freedom and immortality. it would be more realistic slice of life, maybe some plot ahead but stay sweet yuri just like first chapter.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 4:06AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Well, I highly doubt that getting bitten in the neck would be any less painful
Regardless, it's still sexy as hell

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Well, I highly doubt that getting bitten in the neck would be any less painful
Regardless, it's still sexy as hell

I don't really find tongue stabbing sexy, just painful looking... am I weird ?

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I definitely like the setting, but I'm not so sure about them being vampires. It feels sort-of superfluous, since they can be out in the sun and drink each-others blood, rather than having to hunt or seduce non-vampires. In the first chapter, they've effectively eliminated two of the major characteristics of vampires and they've only kept the type for pop-culture appeal and cheesecake kissing/biting scenes.

Agreed.

I don't know what to make of this. It doesn't feel like they're genuine vamps. More like make-believe. I do adore the setting and some the character designs, but that's about it. Seems pretty shallow to me.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

And I thought I hated tongue kissing... I never thought I'd have to deal with biting. I can cope, though, because this is pretty damn good and of course I'm curious about how the world went to shit.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Am I the only one who thought the biting was hot? I am? I'll just go over here now...

So maybe they do actually derive some sustenance from food and blood is an extra need over and above, vampire secret sauce kind of thing.

That's an idea I've seen before in manga, and might apply here. That vampires (or at least Shinso types) don't actually require blood to live, it's more something they crave as part of their nature.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Post apocalyptic lesbian vampires. I'm perfectly okay with this. I really like Aoi. Now I'm wondering how things will develop though or what the story will go on about.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

It's dystopian...but at the same it's not. Fucking genius.

Am I the only one who thought the biting was hot? I am? I'll just go over here now...

I thought it was hot too, I just won't admit it publicly.

So maybe they do actually derive some sustenance from food and blood is an extra need over and above, vampire secret sauce kind of thing.

That's an idea I've seen before in manga, and might apply here. That vampires (or at least Shinso types) don't actually require blood to live, it's more something they crave as part of their nature.

Many people have different takes on vampirism. Some require it to live, some require it for power, some only need it once to live forever, some crave it as an indulgence, some need it to remain human...the list goes on. Here it just seems to be more love-involved craving. But I digress.

joined Jan 17, 2014

such extreme details drawing, dress, hair, BG, too much details, i think this is totally draw on PC, damn skill
but the way i see it, it free on web right ? how can the author make money then ??

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Even if it remains an easy-going slice of life we will probably still get a bit of backstory about what happened to everybody, next chapter is about a cat, I suppose the one in the cover page http://dynasty-scans.com/series/michiwarikusa_monogatari_vampire_after_the_doomsday

So... it might be a while before that backstory...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just a random thought, this series would become the best series ever if it ends referencing I Am Legend

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 3:14PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Just a random thought, this series would become the best series ever if it ends referencing I Am Legend

As long as they don't blow themselves up with grenades, sure.

Even if it remains an easy-going slice of life we will probably still get a bit of backstory about what happened to everybody, next chapter is about a cat, I suppose the one in the cover page http://dynasty-scans.com/series/michiwarikusa_monogatari_vampire_after_the_doomsday

So... it might be a while before that backstory...

Only in manga are cute little cats still around after the apocalypse.
I'm 'personally' hoping it won't get too drama heavy. I need something chill to read with yuri from the outset. But I think that's wishful thinking.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 3:27PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh I was talking about the utterly badass novella. At the end of that we see a blooming vampire civilization taking over the earth.

Other than sorelay lacking Lesbian Vampires is basically the same setting as this story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.