Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

joined Jul 20, 2020

"I can't... detach myself from you"

How strange. My impression was that this relationship was of the more distant variety. Detached, if you will...

Well "no friend" hasn't detached (let go) from Aya yet so...

edit: she cannot let go of the identity she created on her App account!

last edited at Oct 23, 2020 7:20AM

joined Apr 6, 2018

this is really going to be unhealthy and now even encouraged to continue this confusing relationship full of benefits but no commitment...

Tumblr_inline_n7fj1wtor31s5fzt9%20copy
joined May 2, 2012

I love this story. None of it intends to paint anyone in a perfect light, it's about how imperfect, troubled and fucked everyone is and their also imperfect attempts to deal with it. It's very real as others have said.

If it were real life I'd say that everyone here definitely needs therapy and a half. But since it's a story that is intentionally dark, I'm all for Aya x Sei even while it's unhealthy (and the teacher x student thing is obviously uncomfortable), it seems they've been slowly making changes in each other for the better, and are direct responses to what they both hate about themselves. And their dynamic is just so good. Some of those scenes where both Aya and Sei were briefly vulnerable and honest to each other made me genuinely feel things. I'm not sure if they'll end up together or even if they should end up together, but I'll be enjoying the trainwreck there.

I can't understand rooting for Haruki at all though. I personally find her the least believable and likeable character. It's quite funny and interesting how split the opinions about her is on here. Though Yoru I also find a bit confusing (she pretty tho), it's hard to say whether she ended up being a victim of/twisted due to Sei's obsessive mindset or just as bad/to blame through her constantly stringing Sei along and generally being unfaithful and complacent. Or maybe it's just both. Either way, it was definitely too far gone and complicated and I do think it was not a problem they could 'solve' anymore, so this chapter seemed to be the best way for it to go, really.

Considering Sei and Aya's relationship was so heavily based around Yoru still, I'm curious to see what happens to it now if Sei starts to finally move on.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I saw there was a new chapter and I told myself "Wait, I've already read this manga..."
but it has been sooooo long that I didn't remember clearly, and so I've decided to read it all over again and boiii...!
MY FEELINGS!!!! I've forgot how impactful this manga was TwT
I can't wait for the next chapter!!
I love Sei Aya..

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

This is juicy

joined Dec 7, 2019

Give this a good end with that pedo teacher under jail.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Having read this twice, and planning on reading it many more times, I can say for sure this one is a problematic fave. A story full of complex emotions and relationships that remind me that hey, nobody's perfect, its quite the opposite, everyone is kinda fucked up actually, because life is a struggle and then you die, and nobody knows what the fuck they're doing in the meantime, and your brain is powerful but fragile. and it's easy to twist yourself into knots with just the slightest trauma applied at the wrong time. It's one of those manga that's about the journey, not the destination, for me. Is the Aya/Sei pairing super problematic, definitely unhealthy and certainly illegal? Yes to all, but I think that the fact that Aya is underage isn't... like a super necessary story element to be honest, you could hit the same beats with a college age character and I think it wouldn't change the story much. But it does drive in how far gone sei is, how desperately she's clinging to the past. Anyway. All these girls need therapy really badly.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The e-book extra would be truly adorable if their relationship wouldn't be what it is...

joined Aug 15, 2020

The e-book extra would be truly adorable if their relationship wouldn't be what it is...

I know, right? It's like: I want to feel fluffy about it, but their relationship actually is too fucked up for me to feel much about those extra pages :\

Question will there be a new chapter out this month?

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

Sadly, no. Next real chapter won't be out until December.

Sadly, no. Next real chapter won't be out until December.

I see, thank you.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

These kindergarten-version snippets are so fluffy and adorable! Especially Aya-chan, she's such a good and serious child! (You can tell she won't change all that much after growing up!)

The scenes of Flowerchild Ueda coming up with the storyline in "novel" form (and then coughing blood at the idea of having to draw such smut) made me laugh a lot, haha.

joined Jul 20, 2020

These kindergarten-version snippets are so fluffy and adorable! Especially Aya-chan, she's such a good and serious child! (You can tell she won't change all that much after growing up!)

The scenes of Flowerchild Ueda coming up with the storyline in "novel" form (and then coughing blood at the idea of having to draw such smut) made me laugh a lot, haha.

Which makes it all the more sadder in what kind of hellhole she is trapped now and doomed to become a vile toxic loser (yup that's toxic abuse Haruki receives) just like Sei who is still unrepentant...T.T

Oh yeah especially the part with the unrequitted love... since my "love" was not answered I started to destroy all her relationships (nope not just the one's with unfaithful men but her view friends as well so I could be viewed as a tragic heroine) behind her back before, during our "convenient relationship" (thank god I didn't at least try something normal when I had the chance to choose) and right after it ended! And now I do the same thing with Aya reliving my past and present myself as the right one (destroying her life, her relationship with Haruki, projecting "Yoru" onto her (forceful kiss & footlicking) lying about "Sakai" the fact that I used Yoru and other "Yoru's" to escape my own reality and environment (strict evil teacher parents) and since she also doesn't wanna love herself doesn't wann ask Yoru questions or look real good inside my past it looks like I'm going to win!

edit: And Aya's mom is a f***ing a****le!

last edited at Nov 23, 2020 2:00PM

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Reading the first chapter again, Kurosaki really resembles Elle Fanning to me..

edit: this shit is like crack and I am really usually not one from a bunch of drama in my yuri but this one got me. All of the relationship dynamics are so screwed up it makes for a very interesting read.

last edited at Nov 23, 2020 9:01PM

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

typo on chapter 15.5, page 6
3rd speech bubble on 5th panel.

and the other toppings were grom the convenience store

should be replaced with from

last edited at Nov 23, 2020 2:04PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Nice to know Flowerchild is working hard to give us quality content.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

should be replaced with from

Done.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Every character is a POS but I'm going to keep reading this hehe :'-)

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

‘It’s a detached relationship.’ No, more like, ‘It’s a dysfunctional relationship.’

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

This story is messing with my head a hit, not gonna lie. It’s good though.

Flowerchild is resting up for a bit & won't be back until January, so there won't be a new chapter this month either.

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 10:56AM

joined Jan 9, 2021

Wow so Ive read all 16 chapter twice, looking forward to more. Ive noticed after reading these posts that many people dont like Haruki (For good reason). However, what surprises me is that she didnt take advantage of Aya when she had the chance.
Bare with me. But her character seems to be jealous and selfish when it comes to keeping Aya for herself. An she wants to grab and learn how to do things with Aya. Thats been made clear in a few chapters. How she gets bothered from the nude pic, how she tries to start kissing Aya neck but Aya stops her, you think that would be it. But no she goes again? This time full nude, and confession. What shocked me, is that Aya didnt stop her. Haruki asked her to get naked and she just accepted it.

At first i thought, ok so you just hug there naked, wouldnt that just hurt you more and why did Aya allow that? She would let her keep kissing her neck an messing with her clothes but was just ok to fully strip? Makes no sense.

But then I read it a second time. An it hits me different, at this point in time Aya is more invested with Sei’s Yoru problem. She starts to feel bad for her needing a replacement, and though she starts to begin hating the replacement, a part of her also felt like her sleeping with her helps Sei or relieves some of her pain.

So now, she has this help her type attitude, now Her friend comes to her like this, clearly in pain, an so what does she do, she plays along to make her feel better.

Which now makes me think, if Haruki asks Aya to help her with her pain, by letting her make love to her. Would Aya say yes?
Thats my question for you guys, what do you guys think?

One part me is like, “nah shes way too into Sei”.
But the other part is like: “but she did that for Sei, she was a body to replace her actual love for Yoru”
In this case she would be helping her childhood best friend be with person she loves even if she herself loves Sei.

Idk if i make sense, just would like to get your guys thoughts.
Side Note:
It Kinda reminds me of Sanae and Hanabi.

Photo%202-2-21,%2010%2009%2024%20am
joined Aug 21, 2020

Aya is only meant for Sei.
Sei is only meant for Aya.
That's it.

joined Jul 20, 2020

Wow so Ive read all 16 chapter twice, looking forward to more. Ive noticed after reading these posts that many people dont like Haruki (For good reason). However, what surprises me is that she didnt take advantage of Aya when she had the chance.
Bare with me. But her character seems to be jealous and selfish when it comes to keeping Aya for herself. An she wants to grab and learn how to do things with Aya. Thats been made clear in a few chapters. How she gets bothered from the nude pic, how she tries to start kissing Aya neck but Aya stops her, you think that would be it. But no she goes again? This time full nude, and confession. What shocked me, is that Aya didnt stop her. Haruki asked her to get naked and she just accepted it.

At first i thought, ok so you just hug there naked, wouldnt that just hurt you more and why did Aya allow that? She would let her keep kissing her neck an messing with her clothes but was just ok to fully strip? Makes no sense.

But then I read it a second time. An it hits me different, at this point in time Aya is more invested with Sei’s Yoru problem. She starts to feel bad for her needing a replacement, and though she starts to begin hating the replacement, a part of her also felt like her sleeping with her helps Sei or relieves some of her pain.

So now, she has this help her type attitude, now Her friend comes to her like this, clearly in pain, an so what does she do, she plays along to make her feel better.

Which now makes me think, if Haruki asks Aya to help her with her pain, by letting her make love to her. Would Aya say yes?
Thats my question for you guys, what do you guys think?

One part me is like, “nah shes way too into Sei”.
But the other part is like: “but she did that for Sei, she was a body to replace her actual love for Yoru”
In this case she would be helping her childhood best friend be with person she loves even if she herself loves Sei.

Idk if i make sense, just would like to get your guys thoughts.
Side Note:
It Kinda reminds me of Sanae and Hanabi.

What I wish would be discussed is the family backgrounds of the main characters (all four of 'em) and Yoru's as well if we go by the logic that she slept with married men because she was propably conceived this way. But thanks to Sei who began to destroy her relationships and trying to control her (propably in a similar way Sei's parents did with her and the real reason why Sei latched onto Yoru) as soon as she was "rejected" she never realized and learned for "herself" that following such a path is not a happy one and she became the thing she used to date an unfaithful spouse!

Likewise with Sei since she was so desperate to escape her apparently controlling abusive parents grasp (who still don't know she is a lesbian) she never took proper healthier steps and jumped straight into a convenient relationship with Yoru and became an addict believing that she was in love when in truth she propably wasn't.

Aya's parents barely see nor interact that much with her so she believe's she shouldn't be loved and thinks that her only family her childhood friend should stay away from her and find someone else. Notice that she chooses to ignore all the signs telling her she is not really in love with Sei she doesn't know this because this is her first relationship and she doesn't love herself she hates herself.

There is a very good reason Haruki makes the decision not to take advantage of her and this is her family they give her breathing room and the chance to be herself and form her own identity. Sometime's the best form of love is letting someone go and be themselves! She even says: I "think" I have fallen in love with you!

Before you start typing back reread the manga Mochida takes advantage of her vulnerable state (her impulsive decision eats her, she and Aya recently had a fight, she struggles to accept her homosexuality and recently awakened lust heck sei had to point out that Haruki likes Aya before she decided to project her younger self onto her) both in chapter 8 right after Haruki receives the photo (read Haruki's dialogue during her second fight with Aya there is no way Mochida knows this and we don't read what she tells Haruki but look where her eyes wander before she shows her a picture of Sei) in chapter 13 (which shows Mochida's hate of red ribbon's) we don't hear what she and the rumor girl really talked about and she manipulates Haruki as soon Aya abandon's her conveniently leaving Sakai's name out.

Notice that in chapter 8 and 12 Aya's inner dialouge during the scenes with Haruki is left out what I also find odd is that a certain picture from chapter 8 is in the Yurihime release but not in the official manga release you can find it here: https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/ih921167/chapter_8 it's the picture announcing Vol. 1 is on sale with both Haruki and Aya touching each others faces.

One last thing looking back on chapter 12 with the last picture of the hugging I believe that Aya choose to steal Haruki's first kiss and Haruki doesn't know this!

last edited at Jan 18, 2021 1:53PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.