Forum › Posts by Lilith

Tumblr_inline_n7fj1wtor31s5fzt9%20copy
joined May 2, 2012

I love this story. None of it intends to paint anyone in a perfect light, it's about how imperfect, troubled and fucked everyone is and their also imperfect attempts to deal with it. It's very real as others have said.

If it were real life I'd say that everyone here definitely needs therapy and a half. But since it's a story that is intentionally dark, I'm all for Aya x Sei even while it's unhealthy (and the teacher x student thing is obviously uncomfortable), it seems they've been slowly making changes in each other for the better, and are direct responses to what they both hate about themselves. And their dynamic is just so good. Some of those scenes where both Aya and Sei were briefly vulnerable and honest to each other made me genuinely feel things. I'm not sure if they'll end up together or even if they should end up together, but I'll be enjoying the trainwreck there.

I can't understand rooting for Haruki at all though. I personally find her the least believable and likeable character. It's quite funny and interesting how split the opinions about her is on here. Though Yoru I also find a bit confusing (she pretty tho), it's hard to say whether she ended up being a victim of/twisted due to Sei's obsessive mindset or just as bad/to blame through her constantly stringing Sei along and generally being unfaithful and complacent. Or maybe it's just both. Either way, it was definitely too far gone and complicated and I do think it was not a problem they could 'solve' anymore, so this chapter seemed to be the best way for it to go, really.

Considering Sei and Aya's relationship was so heavily based around Yoru still, I'm curious to see what happens to it now if Sei starts to finally move on.

Lilith
joined May 2, 2012

I love this series. The chapters are too short :(
Thank you for translating and via supporting the author too!

Lilith
joined May 2, 2012

This manga is great and I love to see mature communication. Looking forward to the next chapters. Thanks for the translation and recent releases!

joined May 2, 2012

ok

joined May 2, 2012

I've been loving the decent adult and OL yuri we've had recently. Really enjoyed the introspection on dealing with issues like self-hatred and heteronormativity as a set up in this first chapter. I can definitely relate to it myself. The art is great too!
Keen to see how it develops.

joined May 2, 2012

It's back! F yeah. We were stuck on the cliffhanger for so long with Kagami's mother and Shinobu's 'aunt'.
I hope the series gets more attention in the West.
Happy New Year!

joined May 2, 2012

I miss this series! Hope the rest of the chapters will be translated soon :(.

Lilith
Scandal discussion 17 Oct 12:18
joined May 2, 2012

Didn't expect that actually romantically drawn kiss because of the humour also. Loving the panels leading up to it - the tension, Maki's 'yes.', her shaking hands, their touching hands, and the suggestion (which I prefer over over-sexualisation) in the next few pages... Lovely. Enjoyed this :).

Lilith
joined May 2, 2012

Really enjoyed this chapter. Looking forward to the next! Their dynamic with the angst out of the way is way cute.
I didn't mind the angst though, I have to say I can relate to a lot of it in the earlier chapters lol.
"Trashy bitch" line is great.

joined May 2, 2012

Cute NicoMaki with a decent art style always makes me happy. I await Round 4.
Agreed with others on Nico needing some more love herself.

Lilith
Mama Mama discussion 20 Aug 11:49
joined May 2, 2012

Lol at the amount of comments despite it just being released and 11 pages long. Also was shocked, but a good kind I guess. It's fine to have an odd story like this here and there which keeps things interesting even though I'm sad now. We need more in between one-sidedish psycho-lesbian tragedies and diabetic, fluffy school girl yuri :p (even if I do enjoy some stuff from both these extremes).

Lilith
Monmon discussion 16 Aug 15:05
joined May 2, 2012

Yoooo I really liked this. Feel like the way their relationship was written was on point and believable (although probably a little fluffier). Such an interesting pair that I wish was elaborated more on in the series, and this was a nice way of filling the gap of what we don't know about Yayoi and Shion's relationship, even if it isn't canon.

last edited at Aug 16, 2014 3:05PM

joined May 2, 2012

Enjoyed this so much (and like others I didn't expect that)! Just long enough, and the development/pacing as well as art was lovely. I think I have a thing for these one-shots based around music now after Rainy Song and this lol. Ishibashi is super cute!