Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can "Shirofox" be added as an alt name for Shiroshi?

That's her twitter handle, for the record: https://twitter.com/shirofox

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 12:22PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

We need an Ahoge tag. It's a pretty distinctive trope.

And maybe a Photography tag.

last edited at Nov 18, 2020 12:26PM

joined Nov 13, 2019

Let people use some sort of api to download/search manga and series etc.
Maybe $1 per user ?

joined Nov 13, 2019

I can maintain the api if interested

last edited at Nov 16, 2020 3:23AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The link back to the chapter or series at the top of the forum threads has gone missing. The name is still there, but it's not a link. This is on my android phone. It's still missing even if I tell it to use the desktop site.

Never mind, it's back. What happened?

Okay, I figured it out. The link is only there when I'm logged into the site. Is this a recent change? Is it supposed to be this way?

last edited at Nov 23, 2020 4:46AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

^ I recently noticed it annoying me as well :P I'm not sure iif it's a recent change or it was always this way, but the fact that someone else also noticed it makes me suspicious something indeed changed.

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 8:09AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Interesting. I noticed it yesterday as well. Not sure if it's just I never wanted to click on link before when I wasn't logged in or recent change.

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 8:21AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lots of stuff to address but for now I'll just go with the most recent ones.

The link back to the chapter or series at the top of the forum threads has gone missing. The name is still there, but it's not a link. This is on my android phone. It's still missing even if I tell it to use the desktop site.

Never mind, it's back. What happened?

Okay, I figured it out. The link is only there when I'm logged into the site. Is this a recent change? Is it supposed to be this way?

Yes, this change was made within the last month or so for technical reasons. It is possible that in the coming weeks or months a nicer solution to the technical issue(s) will be found, but for the meantime this is just how the site will operate. It is very likely the links will not return for non-registered users, so I do apologise for the inconvenience!

Let people use some sort of api to download/search manga and series etc.
Maybe $1 per user ?

Sorry, I'm not aware of this being a possibility in the near future.

last edited at Nov 24, 2020 3:17PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's kinda ironic for a bot to post spam in one of the threads site staff are most likely to notice it, lol.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Ok, so we have an 'Anime' tag, but how about a tag that indicates other forms of media that aren't anime, like live-action adaptions or drama cds. I don't know if that's already been suggested or what that tag would be, but I'm just throwing my two cents

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Also, a search function for your reading lists cause mine is TOO DAMN BIG (and it's my fault)

joined Nov 13, 2019

imagine targeting electron with blazor so the UI is written in c# and web languages, and people can contribute to the UI, or contribute to existing or a new wasm module, writing logic in their favorite language of choice and compiling it to webassembly, we can bring everyone together, and I bet a lot people would wanna code for the website as tributes after reading some yuris, and brag about it to other friends who like yuri later, and we can credit those people's user name in the contributor lists

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

How about a "Supplementary information" field when suggesting tag changes? Could include things like the reason for the change (if not immediately obvious), what pages the Lizard(s) appear on (to save reading through the whole thing), and so on.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Aren't there way too many bots showing up lately? I don't seem to recall seeing these many before, especially not creating entire forum threads. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems like something that ought to be addressed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

How about a "Supplementary information" field when suggesting tag changes? Could include things like the reason for the change (if not immediately obvious), what pages the Lizard(s) appear on (to save reading through the whole thing), and so on.

Yeah, this would be nice. For series, you're welcome to use the "Series Description" field for that. Even if that's not quite the intended purpose, folks do it all the time and it is often helpful!

Aren't there way too many bots showing up lately? I don't seem to recall seeing these many before, especially not creating entire forum threads. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it seems like something that ought to be addressed.

I don't foresee any development solutions being made to address the problem, as the clearest options come with notable user-end drawbacks. Though, the site is getting minor changes throughout for the first time in a long time, so I may be wrong about that. As of now we're stepping up moderation presence in general, so hopefully the bot problem will be mitigated thru those means.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is there any chance of the forum software getting upgraded to something more robust, like Xenforo, mostly for things like notifications, PMs, and post histories?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is there any chance of the forum software getting upgraded to something more robust, like Xenforo, mostly for things like notifications, PMs, and post histories?

I don't believe there is any chance of large-scale changes in the near-future.

joined Nov 24, 2020

Tag Suggestion
- Character Death / Death
A few doujins that I’ve read have only had genres and characters situations in them, such as “Drama, school girl, yuri”
Some of them, however, have a character die within the contents, whether on/off page. I think I’d appreciate a character death tag; or something that can exist as a warning tag for deaths, similar to the tags for “foiled rape attempt” and “cheating”

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Tag Suggestion
- Character Death / Death
A few doujins that I’ve read have only had genres and characters situations in them, such as “Drama, school girl, yuri”
Some of them, however, have a character die within the contents, whether on/off page. I think I’d appreciate a character death tag; or something that can exist as a warning tag for deaths, similar to the tags for “foiled rape attempt” and “cheating”

The Tragedy tag serves that function, however, some works will not get the tag if it is considered too much of a spoiler.

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

I want to recommend that in addition to the tragedy tag there should also be one for suicide or suicidal tendency if appropriate, because I know that suddenly being confronted with this topic can be very disturbing, especially if one has experienced the loss of a loved person, or even is or was suicidal her or himself. Sure, setting up tags like that, are always spoilers, but tags like beach, onsen or valentine are as well.

I'm just saying. When I read Come Rain or Shine it was really killing the mood, and I thought: not this again! Yes, unfortunately it's not a singular occurrence. This topic appears every once in a while, be it in Manga, Anime or novels. And the only tag that gives a hint about it is tragedy, which doesn't mean that suicide will appear but it could. And if there "only" is an attempted suicide or just the tendency it's likely that it'll be tagged with drama. But stumbling across such scenes accidentally can be dangerous for people who have such issues themselves.

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 5:58AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I want to recommend that in addition to the tragedy tag there should also be one for suicide or suicidal tendency if appropriate, because I know that suddenly being confronted with this topic can be very disturbing, especially if one has experienced the loss of a loved person, or even is or was suicidal her or himself.

Yeah, I think I'm favour of a broad suicide tag, but figuring out exact guidelines might be tricky. I'll definitely pass this on and we'll try to figure it out. Thanks.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Can we please get something to tag stories like The Afterschool Angel? Something simple like Warning that gives no other information, but lets people know not to simply click on it because the other tags are so benign? I really didn't need that story yesterday, but all I had to go on was School girl and Yuri.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can we please get something to tag stories like The Afterschool Angel? Something simple like Warning that gives no other information, but lets people know not to simply click on it because the other tags are so benign?

Yeah, I think you've got the right idea.

For some extra context. We allowed this discussion to be opened up sometime in 2015 when the site was getting regular updates, with the hope/expectation that a more advanced tagging system was not too far down the line. Fast-forward to now; such a system never materialized. In the meantime, it feels like an attempt to preserve certain elements of certain works via obscurity has rendered some important tags almost unusable - and the "standards," to the extent they exist, have been applied so inconsistently that other tags are now employed in ways they were never intended to be.

There's no denying that these are all genuine problems and that given our limitations there is no "perfect" answer, but I know we can do much better by folks than we have been. I sincerely hope we'll have come to an acceptably simple solution before much longer.

last edited at Dec 12, 2020 12:33AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can we have a bro/third wheel tag?

To reply you must either login or sign up.