Forum › I'm the Only One Not Crossdressing!? discussion

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

What's the chance that Ueda is a girl who's crossdressing as a boy who' crossdressing as a girl?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

Defense of what? Of the story the author has chosen to tell? Why would they need to defend that from anybody? Exactly how would you introduce the concept of some of the students being trans in a work of comedy without it sounding like you were making a joke about it or attempting to teach people about it like they were children? I don't find it odd whatsoever that it hasn't been mentioned, nor would I find it odd if it was never mentioned in the entire story. If it is at some point, nifty, and if not, who cares? You seem to be projecting your own experience onto something and having your expectations of how it "should be" somehow shaped by that. Authors are not required to include any mention of anything if it doesn't fit the story they've created.

You also might want to go through GendoIkari's comment history before agreeing with anything they say in seriousness.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

This is libel, and very probably an occultic backed psyop attack on my person, everything I say is deadly serious.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Don't worry, MK-Ultra was definitely discontinued in 1973, and never started again under even more secretive conditions.

CEASE YOUR INVESTIGATIONS

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 4:51PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

Defense of what? Of the story the author has chosen to tell? Why would they need to defend that from anybody? Exactly how would you introduce the concept of some of the students being trans in a work of comedy without it sounding like you were making a joke about it or attempting to teach people about it like they were children? I don't find it odd whatsoever that it hasn't been mentioned, nor would I find it odd if it was never mentioned in the entire story. If it is at some point, nifty, and if not, who cares? You seem to be projecting your own experience onto something and having your expectations of how it "should be" somehow shaped by that. Authors are not required to include any mention of anything if it doesn't fit the story they've created.

You also might want to go through GendoIkari's comment history before agreeing with anything they say in seriousness.

Lol, that entire wall of text basically boils down to the mangaka writes whatever they want. That goes without saying though and ultimately has no bearing on how I or anyone else is gonna feel about said work.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You want to get butthurt about a comedy, that's up to you. I would strongly suggest you don't, for the reasons I've provided. It is ultimately your choice, but it would be unfortunate if you were to dislike something for such a ridiculous reason.

last edited at Oct 22, 2020 7:16PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

You want to get butthurt about a comedy, that's up to you. I would strongly suggest you don't, for the reasons I've provided. It is ultimately your choice, but it would be unfortunate if you were to dislike something for such a ridiculous reason.

It's hardly a ridiculous reason, although I've never actually said how I feel about this manga, not sure why your acting like I did.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

You feel it's odd that the author hasn't mentioned the possibility of some characters being trans, which implies that you think that is a common thing to do and something that should have been done. I don't think it's odd at all, considering in the context of the story, it's a fashion fad (so far). You have no clue how the author has structured this story or when reveals about certain things will happen, yet you claim that it's odd the author isn't doing what you would do within your time frame, on the third chapter. The story works as it is so far, and it's entertaining. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Maybe you should stop reading fiction if you're going to think authors making their own stories instead of yours will always be "odd."

joined Oct 27, 2018

it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

You feel it's odd that the author hasn't mentioned the possibility of some characters being trans, which implies that you think that is a common thing to do and something that should have been done. I don't think it's odd at all, considering in the context of the story, it's a fashion fad (so far). You have no clue how the author has structured this story or when reveals about certain things will happen, yet you claim that it's odd the author isn't doing what you would do within your time frame, on the third chapter. The story works as it is so far, and it's entertaining. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Maybe you should stop reading fiction if you're going to think authors making their own stories instead of yours will always be "odd."

You worry too much about other people's opinions.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

You worry too much about other people's opinions.

Only when they treat others unfairly or attempt to spread falsehoods. Otherwise, I'm cool with whatever.

joined Oct 23, 2020

Ah, so there is still discourse going on in this thread I see.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Okay so I see a lot of talk of transgender but Ueda mentioned to Tozawa that they are both guys so I think that makes it pretty clear that Ueda seems himself as a guy. So basically I'm pretty sure he's not trans...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This is harrasment at this point, fight on MC, dont let Peer presssure grab you

last edited at Nov 21, 2020 3:26AM

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

This forum is more like a second instance trial.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

What are the odds it turns yaoi, like Prunus Girl?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What are the odds it turns yaoi, like Prunus Girl?

We can only hope.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

This is harrasment at this point, fight on MC, dont let Peer presssure grab you

Agreed, lowkey rooting for MC at this point.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I have returned from the future and found a picture of Tozawa's macho masculinity at the end of this series:

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Now this is some Oedipus shit. Tempt fate some more why dont you?

Dpsmall
joined Dec 12, 2016

at the end of high school the boys in my grade were gonna cross dress for muck up day and the teachers shut that shit down quicksmart :(

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

For someone who claims to like manly men, our hero sure seems to get along best with pretty boys.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I gotta give it to them, the boys do look kinda cute

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I get the feeling that Tozawa will be the last one in the school to cross-dress, and when he starts cross-dressing, everyone else will stop

joined Jan 22, 2017

Finding myself wishing the author was more interested in the cross-dressing side characters who "don't pass" than the fairly familiar harem / gay-panic aspects this manga centers on.

Not only are these other characters adorably drawn in all their manly femininity / ladylike masculinity, but IMO they are potentially more interesting as a broad comedy attempt at exploring gender fluidity and social norms than just a guy going, "That person is a male, but they're also in a dress, so should I try to hump 'em or not?!" They are the joy I take from this manga, so thrilled and comfortable to embrace and explore presentation despite not being extraordinarily skilled at it.

Granted, these three are not complex or virtuous allies, necessarily. (I could have done without them all suddenly pining for a boyfriend... if some in the class found themselves free to explore latent/repressed homosexuality in this less-restrictive environment, then great! Or even if the classmates were so excited by what they learned about themselves and others while cross-dressing that they were open to try casual dating for further understanding of gender experiences, maybe? But this manga takes the more standard approach of 'everyone in pants wants to bang everyone in a skirt and vice-versa', which is pretty stale as comedy goes even without the larger social discussion here.) I just like how these three peripheral characters look and how much they seem to enjoy their newly-widening view on society, and wish there was a whole manga just about them.

Thanks to the scantilation team and the mangaka all the same. Will keep reading, but mostly for bits with my three faves.

last edited at Dec 30, 2020 3:02PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Ueda is so cute. I just want to pat his little bun. The one on his head; get your mind out of the gutter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.