Forum › There's No Way I Can Have A Lover! *Or Maybe There Is? discussion

joined Nov 5, 2018

Anyone know where I can read the raws? Thanks!

Google わたしが恋人になれるわけないじゃん and it's the seiga website.

The mc sure has self esteem issues and Mai is def too forceful

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Yknow I kinda have to agree with people on this one, it was funny at first but now Mai is just being a pain in the ass.

joined Dec 7, 2019

Anyone know where I can read the raws? Thanks!

Google わたしが恋人になれるわけないじゃん and it's the seiga website.

The mc sure has self esteem issues and Mai is def too forceful

Well, but maybe it's because Mai doesn't have a clear reason why she likes Renako, having a bunch of people that can be way more compatible with her, her intentions can be seen as just a game.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

There’s no way I can have a lover! Or maybe there is?

Hey, Vsauce. Michael here. What is a lover?...-ly story like this doing in my inbox? In fact, what is my inbox? How do I know it even exists? I can’t put papers in it, I can’t touch it, so how do I know that it’s real? Is it a place? Where is it? Well, it’s in my mind—I’m reading it, so my brain puts the pixels into words, and the words into a message—but it‘s also somewhere out there on a server. But if I’m imagining it on a server, it’s also on a server... in my mind. In fact, you might even say I can’t really think of the server it’s on at all, if

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 3:10AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Reading this story feels like I'm reading some generic shoujo manga from early '10s, where the narcissistic and "smooth" bishounen forces different interactions on the confused, airheaded mc, until she eventually falls for him. And I really don't know how to feel about that. I mean, it's yuri, and that definitely makes things look much better to my hypocritical ass, but still, it's a little...uh. Idk man.

4b7069c76486ffbcfc1a8d5db855fdc5602446ecr1-300-300v2_uhq
joined Sep 8, 2020

mai gives off a big kaoru vibe

joined Feb 21, 2019

Anyone know where I can read the raws? Thanks

Here:
https://sp.seiga.nicovideo.jp/viewer/mg503127

The novel is being translated too now.
https://meatbuntranslation.blogspot.com/2020/09/watashi-ga-koibito-ni-nareru-wakenaijan.html

Thank you, I was lookin for this.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

I was able to see a bit of the illustrations for volume 2.
https://hi-in.facebook.com/manga.anime.lightnovel.vn/posts/663583594277665/

The serie is....a yuri harem ?

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Is there any way I could find the original light novel of this translated into English?

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Never mind I just saw the above post saying it’s being translated lol

Mei
joined Aug 5, 2020

Will the Manga be translated further in the future or was it dropped?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Reading this story feels like I'm reading some generic shoujo manga from early '10s, where the narcissistic and "smooth" bishounen forces different interactions on the confused, airheaded mc, until she eventually falls for him. And I really don't know how to feel about that. I mean, it's yuri, and that definitely makes things look much better to my hypocritical ass, but still, it's a little...uh. Idk man.

Same here. I'm all for confident, competent, badass lesbians who know what they want, but it feels like the author just straight-up made Mai a Mary Sue, and when the editor told them to put in some humanizing flaws, they just scribbled in 'dubious respect for boundaries'. It's doubly sad because the premise of friends-one-day, lovers-the-next is honestly gold, and has so much potential for exploring the implications of affection, romance, the dreaded two-girl-friendship, the terrors of commitment and the way such an ambiguously romantic relationship would be perceived by the rest of the girls. But the execution so far has been incredibly lackluster. You know a romantic dynamic is flawed when it actively reduces the appeal of both characters involved. I would've much rather seen our MC just having a regular school life for a while before she realizes that some of her friends are into each other and wonders where the line between friendship and love is, and Mai would've also been a lot more interesting as the school beauty who's nice to everyone and romantically interested in no one, before the two finally meet up, become friends and realize their feelings for each other.

Then again, that would just be Bloom Into You reloaded, but the author's decision to take two similar archetypes and just speedrun the relationship with an extra dose of comedy ironically makes this series feel even less original. I still love the art and some of the humor, but unless these two have a proper conversation that isn't just Mai sparkling while the MC screams about how insufferable she is, I honestly can't see this series going anywhere good.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Okay I wasn't crazy for thinking that this felt like Bloom into You, even to the art style

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"I can't wait to play games with her again... like highway blossoms, heart of the woods, life is strange...."

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Don't know about you, but it feels to me like nothing really happened in this chapter :P The main premise of the series (with the alternating relationships) goes on for 4 chapters already, and no payoff of any sort in sight... I'm a bit underwhelmed but I'm curious enough about where does this concept will finally go.

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Now THIS is podracing

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh no....

joined Jun 12, 2019

Nervous mai is cute

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Don't know about you, but it feels to me like nothing really happened in this chapter :P The main premise of the series (with the alternating relationships) goes on for 4 chapters already, and no payoff of any sort in sight... I'm a bit underwhelmed but I'm curious enough about where does this concept will finally go.

I agree. While this chapter did at least shed some light on the 'best friends' side of the deal and also featured Mai displaying more personality than her standard glowing lesbian Christmas tree gimmick, it was also way too short. Contrasts weirdly with the first chapter, which moved like greased lightning. I think it might be because the series is adapted from an LN, and the manga author's having trouble balancing the internal aspects of their personalities and the external aspects in terms of the actual plot. There's bits and pieces of potential, but the story just refuses to click.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Definitely not going to be playing video games

joined May 11, 2015

im so impatient for this series

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

They're definitely pushing different buttons this time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mai definitely has better chances to torn this into a proper romance on their friends days. The atmosphere with them playing there close together, especially when they ended up staring into each others faces, was far closer to being lovers than at any time during the "lovers days" with Mai constantly on the attack.

To reply you must either login or sign up.