Forum › The Festival of Demons - A Cunning Chance Encounter discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The short prologue almost had me fooled for a while, thought the setting was gonna be feudal japan. Was just gimmicky crap. BAM highschool girls!

Well, was sorta meh, waiting for continuation I guess.
(Art reminds me a bit of Chibipero's, like it)

last edited at Nov 6, 2014 11:18PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Hmm, interesting...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How many chapters is this?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

From release post: "I will also mention that the artist is planning a sequel for this."

No word beyond that, safe to assume 2 for now.

last edited at Nov 6, 2014 11:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From release post: "I will also mention that the artist is planning a sequel for this."

Ah, I missed the release post. Weird though, such a long setup makes it seem like there's supposed to be a more involved series, but I guess they don't want to go for that.

16af2e72dfa0398ce30acc03ffce8b4d
Yuri-ism
joined Mar 22, 2013

The author has not made a sequel to this yet, I asked them on twitter and they said they do plan on making this a series at some point. But this is a doujin, meaning the only incentive to get this done is solely on the author.

tl;dr a 2nd chapter isn't even made as of right now.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This has a pretty big intro for a "one-shot" it's kinda daunting actually, I hope it becomes an actual series. The last few pages were really cute.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Well...it's definitely interesting...and you sure as hell can't say this particularly story has been done before. So it gets points for that too. It said to be continued, so I'm assuming its more but i hate it when these original doujins try to be unofficial series like this because 9 out of ten times (for me at least) they wind up never being finished and that's a thousand times worse than just having a one shot with a lot of questions left.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Shipping class rep and prota. Side-chara was so awesome~~~

Other than that, feelz

joined Jun 5, 2014

usually not into supernatural but this is OK

joined Nov 11, 2010

I particularly loved this because of the intro, and how it is actually kinda sorta almost-but-not-really verifiably based on Japanese anthropology. It's kinda like (or rather, I pretty much assume it is) the private fantasy of the author, generated by taking the starting point of Japan's legends and mythology (about Oni), traced back realistically into recorded human history, and then from there converted back into fantasy.

I don't think the yuri portion itself was poorly executed in any way, either. Basically, what it comes down to: I'm cheering this author on and hope they can turn this into a nice and long series.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

At last, I am able to read it! >< Surprisingly enough, it is long, but I see where the mangaka was trying to get the idea of demons yet covering it as neurological function...either way. I like it.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

that kiss at the end made me squee and gasp and fangirl a little. Soooo ready for more of this!

joined Nov 6, 2014

I'll waiting for the next chapter.....like it!

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

The intro may be a bit long, but it works for me. For those who didn't (or those not into mythological stuff), hang in there. It gets better, specially at page 20 onwards. Coz ughh. Feels. The TBC surprised me, fist-pump yeah!

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

Well i like it :D tho the long intro almost lost me,but high school demon girl _ yes so much yes

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i actually really like the intro, gives this world depth and while that may not be important to some if you are gonna go supernatural go full on or go broke.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The intro made me wonder if there would really be school girl, comedy and yuri in this manga x)

Love this first chapter

joined Apr 11, 2014

Love the art!
The story is very interesting too, can't wait for updates.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I really liked this story. I'm not much of a sci-fi/ supernatural/ fantasy fan, but the way the author set the intro up was genius. I really hope the author turns this into at least a short series.

joined Jul 20, 2011

I'm loving this story and it's very interesting how the intro turned Japanese mithology into pseudohistory.

By the way, are we sure the Supernatural tag fits here? Both "gods" and "sorcerers" are explicitly described as a mix of metaphors and propaganda; and "demons" are regular humans too, they just were selectively bred for strenght and ferocity. As for their descendants it looks more like a recessive condition that causes anger management issues, which "sorcerers" treat with anxiolytic smokes. I guess I'm going to propose removing the tag unless further releases suggest otherwise.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

usually not into supernatural but this is OK

Yeah, great art, feels like the beginning of a good series, two chapters after such a long intro?

Tumblr_l29npmwab51qb5a4go1_1280
joined Aug 10, 2014

Jiromaru dont be so modest. I love this story as well as where its already going and the characters feel alive and unique. I think everyone has felt lonelyness includeing me which is one of the reasons why the main character felt so human to me and i am sure many many others so keep up the great work even if this never reaches you :)

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

that's a lot of complicated back story not much of the actual story for a doujin this short. author's probably new. he doesn't know how to pace himself.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

The intro may be a bit long, but it works for me. For those who didn't (or those not into mythological stuff), hang in there. It gets better, specially at page 20 onwards. Coz ughh. Feels. The TBC surprised me, fist-pump yeah!

Felt that way for me too. Actually I skipped one page in the intro because it was really long and still enjoyed the story regardless. I loved it! Hope it will continue!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.