Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Some (likely) scammer tried to call mom and get her to install what I think was ransomware. Thankfully I was there otherwise she'd likely end up with malware and a stolen credit card...

That's why I don't even pick up my phone unless it's a number that's already in my contacts, or I'm expecting a call at that time.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Some (likely) scammer tried to call mom and get her to install what I think was ransomware. Thankfully I was there otherwise she'd likely end up with malware and a stolen credit card...

That's why I don't even pick up my phone unless it's a number that's already in my contacts, or I'm expecting a call at that time.

I was lucky that the only unknown calls I've gotten are either wrong numbers or my ex's annoying former classmates.
LIKE SERIOUSLY! THEY WOULDN'T EVEN LET ME VIBE WITH MY COUSINS WHEN I VISITED SAID COUSINS TWO DAYS AGO!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I actually got called by a prepaid card scammers back when it was a pretty new thing and I was ~14. They were all like "you bunch of cash and a new phone" but once I pointed out I was I minor they asked for my dad's number, thankfully he was smart/well informed and told them to go fuck themselves as soon as the cards were brought up. I still cringe at my own stupidity.
And I also ignore unknown/blocked numbers ever since.

Kiara is playing 3 houses and she's thirsty for Edelgard lol sasuga yuri chicken!

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84314709
Touhou Reimu x Marisa

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 9:47AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Today in totally-not-related-to-anything-at-all-but-something-I-found-hilarious-and-awesome-at-the-same-time news, Hot Dad's music video for his cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere." I loved this song growing up, and he does a great job recreating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv49hvZBCAk

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

A crossover with Fate/Grand Order and Arknights

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83923218

Abigail Williams Fate/Grand Order Arknights

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So much "cheating" in hololive JP going on rn LMAO
Choco taking Polka's purity is definitely the highlight XD here's the clip: https://youtu.be/VJt48YvYI20

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84325461
Idolm@ster Mamimi x Sakuya

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/84591919
Hololive Kiara x Callie
Engrish in page 5

joined Jul 26, 2016

QT animal vidya time:
- hatchling terns are criminally adorable (also "how do i ate fish")
- how did the leopard family cross the road? haltingly, because :kittens:

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rye posted:

So much "cheating" in hololive JP going on rn LMAO
Choco taking Polka's purity is definitely the highlight XD here's the clip: https://youtu.be/VJt48YvYI20

Lot's of YABAI moment indeed...It makes me happy to see the Holo5 interact with the others finally and they have not disappointed!

Cheating... There are triangles everywhere, and the culprits are always Marine, Shion and Okayu lo/ but now a new triangle appeared with Watame, Haachama and... Lamy! lol

But the most dangerous has to be this

Looking forward to that collab! ahahaha speaking of collabs

Sakura Cartelet posted:

A crossover with Fate/Grand Order and Arknights

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83923218

Abigail Williams Fate/Grand Order Arknights

There's even Princess Connect Kokoro too... That's the trinity of gatcha hell! only missing azur lane

joined Jul 26, 2016

Have a playful whale shark baby. Yay bubbles!

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

^ Pretty sure the ocean around me would quickly turn brown if I saw something that big moving toward me in the water.

joined Jul 26, 2016

^ Pretty sure the ocean around me would quickly turn brown if I saw something that big moving toward me in the water.

Eh, that's just a wee babby. They quite earn their name all grown up.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Whale sharks are definitely more whale than sharks as far as know from all the videos. I think bullsharks are the only actually dangerous sharks...? Or is it tiger sharks? And what's what all the unoriginal names? Scientists got lazy with shark names.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/47748802
Legend of dark witch Zizou x Riva

joined Jan 14, 2020

Whale sharks are slow moving filter feeders, like baleen whales. Wiki says they're harmless and divers sometimes catch a ride, though you probably shouldn't for the shark's sake.

This in contrast to an orca, which probably wouldn't harm you but definitely could if it wants too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Woke up to some huge pile of BS in Hololive today ... Thanks to China's BS Coco and Haachama were suspended for 3 weeks.

Context: They were reading google's analytic to see where they fans come from, most people come from Japan of course, USA had like 10% and just as google said Taiwan had a good % too and so they said they were thankful with the support from everywhere that and move on to other topics.... But nope! China ain't having any of that! because they believe that Taiwan is not a country and is just part of China they took those graphs as a huge offense and started raiding their streams with spam and harassment for the past 3 days!

And so, today they forced their idols to apology and suspended their activities for 3 weeks... and you know what, if we take it in a good way, is good for them to take a break while the haters are still excited because we only see spam from our point of view but they might be getting calls and emails with death treats too in their office and twitter, so in that sense, is better if they take a short break but 3 weeks?? and then you made it sound as if it was their fault ? That's the disgusting part.

I hope they really come back safely and receive lot of support when they do... but yeah even if it sounds like BS, it might be really bad behind the scenes...Because is not just haters this time.

...But after all it is Bullshit

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 10:46AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Eh, that's just a wee babby. They quite earn their name all grown up.

Yes, if it was an adult, my heart would literally stop. Then the ocean around me would quickly turn brown. I have zero courage when I'm in an environment I can't observe completely.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 12:25PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Coco and Haato did nothing wrong.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Woke up to some huge pile of BS in Hololive today ... Thanks to China's BS Coco and Haachama were suspended for 3 weeks.

At some point the rest of the world is going to have to deal with China in a permanent way and stop using them to make money. The world's elite aren't going to like it, and will fight it tooth and nail, since China is such a cash cow for them. It would have to be some sort of movement that removed their influence, too, and the only thing that could set off a movement like that is a permanent shift towards the blue in human consciousness worldwide. Unless that happens, the only forseeable outcome is billions of people dying.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Nah I prefer China to the US, China has it's problems but it hasn't killed millions of civilians in stupid wars

Output illogical. Re-enter command.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 3:45PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Nah I prefer China to the US, China has it's problems but it hasn't killed millions of civilians in stupid wars

Communist China killed tens of millions of its own citizens... in living memory... what even...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This conversation escalated quickly......there is some possibility that the reverb effect will be significantly stronger and garner them more support in the end. One can only hope.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 1:50PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

How many Chinese rebellions, civil wars and warlord eras have been some of the bloodiest conflicts in human history again?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OrangePekoe posted:

This conversation escalated quickly......there is some possibility that the reverb effect will be significantly stronger and garner them more support in the end. One can only hope.

Right now I'm furious like you wouldn't believe, not only because of this incident (but it was the moment I said "this is it, I'm fucking done) but yeah... We could jump into a very bad topic if I vent too much without care.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 3:20PM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Whale sharks are definitely more whale than sharks as far as know from all the videos. I think bullsharks are the only actually dangerous sharks...? Or is it tiger sharks? And what's what all the unoriginal names? Scientists got lazy with shark names.

Bull sharks, tiger sharks, great white sharks, hammerheads & blue sharks are the ones dangerous to humans. Sharks kill up to 6 people a year, while humans are slaughtering 100,000,000 sharks annually.

Cheer up with shark yuri on page 5-8

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 5:03PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

China's running a genocide as we sit here. Yes, worse than the USA's recent dive into border concentration camps.

joined Jul 26, 2016

How many Chinese rebellions, civil wars and warlord eras have been some of the bloodiest conflicts in human history again?

Hella many. Not really surprising given the sheer size and pop count of the place already in year Stick and Stone plus a certain alarming tendency to rapidly grow uncomfortably close to its hard Malthusian limit during the stabler periods - so whenever things went to shit for whatever reason (as they cyclically did) megadeaths duly followed.

Just for one example the low estimate for the An Lushan rebellion (755-763 CE) is a whopping thirteen million total - respectably close to the freaking First World War, considering.

For another between the last 156 CE census of the soon-to-collapse Eastern Han dynasty (the death spiral began with the Yellow Turban revolt in 184) and the first census of the Western Jin after reunifying the country at the finale of the Three Kingdoms period in 280 CE the recorded population went from ~56.5 million to mere ~16.2 - an about two-thirds loss. While some is certainly due to the simple inability of the much-damaged administrative apparatus to find and record every subject under the circumstances it's clear a century of warfare, social collapse and the usual attendant famines and epidemics had caused death on a scale that beggars belief.

For a third Mao's Great Leap Forward (1958-62), basically a straight up policy fuckup with no ill intent (quite the contrary), resulted in a famine whose estimated death toll starts at 18 million and goes up to 45.

Moral of the story: when the scale is as staggering as it now tends to be with a realm as large as China, so duly is the butcher's bill when things go sideways.

And THEN you have fun shit like the Qing's outright genocide of the Dzungars in the 1750s or similarly brutal treatment of the Jinchuan Tibetans some decades later because haha fuck mere barbarians amirite? The only reason the death counts for those are low is the simple fact there weren't that many of either group to slaughter in the first place, these being harsh and sparsely populated marginal zones.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 5:39PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.