Forum › Tsuki to Suppin discussion

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

shiho's casual outfits are fashion iconic i wish i had her tshirts

COOL

It's ironic she's wearing that shirt when she has a high fever.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Every chapter i just feel so uplifted by the simplistic and wonderful nature of this manga. = )

Hima
joined Dec 25, 2018

soothing...

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

It's probably a little late to ask, but what's the relevance of the title?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The literal translation is "Moon and No Make-Up". You can see why I stuck to the Japanese title.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

The literal translation is "Moon and No Make-Up". You can see why I stuck to the Japanese title.

Well, they were looking at the moon that one time, but I have no idea what the "No Make-Up" part is referring to. Granted I don't know anything about translating either.

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

This is good for the soul

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Well, they were looking at the moon that one time, but I have no idea what the "No Make-Up" part is referring to. Granted I don't know anything about translating either.

I think it's partly referring to Shiho, who doesn't dress up and probably doesn't wear make up all the time. I think it also refers to what the story shows, like metaphorically, I mean the relationship and their honest 'faces' with each other.

At least that's my take on it. Titles are usually not that direct (well, except nowadays where they are intentionally very direct, like the sentence long titles).

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I think it's partly referring to Shiho, who doesn't dress up and probably doesn't wear make up all the time. I think it also refers to what the story shows, like metaphorically, I mean the relationship and their honest 'faces' with each other.

At least that's my take on it. Titles are usually not that direct (well, except nowadays where they are intentionally very direct, like the sentence long titles).

What about the "Moon" part?

joined Aug 28, 2020

The title is actually a pun on an idiom which is 'tsuki to suppon'. Suppon is a type of turtle I think? This idiom is used to show how two things/people can have similar properties but be very different. The moon and a turtle('s shell) are both round and smooth but they are very different other than that.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Long scarves!

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

That's sweet.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The title is actually a pun on an idiom which is 'tsuki to suppon'. Suppon is a type of turtle I think? This idiom is used to show how two things/people can have similar properties but be very different. The moon and a turtle('s shell) are both round and smooth but they are very different other than that.

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing that! I hadn't thought about the title much, but that definitely fits those two.

Copy%20of%201363123155143
joined Feb 9, 2015

this needs the #Wholesome tag. their relationship is pure and good.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Hm. I never would've guessed.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

awww nothing but some Christmas wholesomeness

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

God its so wholesome it makes me angry. I love it.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Good girl

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Being together is the best gift.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Shiho is so in love with Akari.

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 1:23PM

joined Feb 9, 2017

I want what they have

joined Oct 13, 2014

so pure it burns my tainted soul

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

The more I read this manga, the more I suffer in anticipation for the next chapter. Damn, it's so wholesome it hurts. And it's scary how Shiho looks like a lot my boyfriend.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019
Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Will this be coming back any time soon?

To reply you must either login or sign up.