Forum › Boku no Koto Suki ni Natte discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

Wow, this is old, I was still a kid when I read this. Since then, I've transitioned, and looking back, these old otokonoko manga were cis normative as hell.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Strikes me as a much more cliché version of Prunus Girl. While I still regularly reread the latter, think once is enough for me on this one.

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

Wow, this is old, I was still a kid when I read this. Since then, I've transitioned, and looking back, these old otokonoko manga were cis normative as hell.

Please take you tumblr-isms somewhere else, this is a happy website.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Strikes me as a much more cliché version of Prunus Girl. While I still regularly reread the latter, think once is enough for me on this one.

Fuuuck now I gotta read Prunus Girl again. I actually made it a year since my last reading...

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

Fuuuck now I gotta read Prunus Girl again. I actually made it a year since my last reading...

Same here honestly.

joined Oct 27, 2018

+5 edge points for you

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

You do realize tumblr didn't create these words lol

joined Feb 24, 2019

Oh hey, I vaguely remember this. Maybe I'll reread it if more chapters continue to come out in English.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Am I the only one here that doesn't remember this? :(

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

Well I'd really like to know where they come from, because as far as I'm aware, those types of words didn't have any form of cultural impact or significance until they started circulating around Tumblr mid-2010s.

But sincerely, enlighten me, if I'm wrong tell me the correct version.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 1:08PM

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

+5 edge points for you

Your attempt at sarcasm has no power here.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 1:08PM

joined Feb 24, 2019

Well I'd really like to know where they come from, because as far as I'm aware, those types of words didn't have any form of cultural impact or significance until they started circulating around Tumblr mid-2010s.

But sincerely, enlighten me, if I'm wrong tell me the correct version.

The term cisnormativity seems to date back to the early 2000s, but discussions about cisgender and transgender identities date back much further.

Tenshi
joined Mar 23, 2016

The term cisnormativity seems to date back to the early 2000s, but discussions about cisgender and transgender identities date back much further.

Ah, I was not aware.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Tumblr probably IS the platform where queer theory made the leap to mainstream. If I had to guess, the pipeline, probably starting in the 70s, was something like queer community>academia>queer community>Tumblr>Facebook>mainstream media and politics>zeitgeist

I'm oversimplifying though

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 4:42PM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

agree on the reading once is enough comment. ugh. prunus sequel pls

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Is 7.5 the original one-shot or something? The way Chika has no idea who Tsubasa is doesn't make sense.

joined Jun 29, 2020

Why is there yaoi in my yuri?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Not this crap again. This site is not exclusively yuri.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

No, it is. The definition of yuri changes to fit what is posted here regardless of content.

Tooko Uploader
Bokura%20no%20hentai%20v08%20icon
Hachimitsu Scans
joined Jul 28, 2015

Is 7.5 the original one-shot or something? The way Chika has no idea who Tsubasa is doesn't make sense.

Yes, the little sister one-shot (7.5) was published a couple of months before the first one-shot in this series (Restaurendezvous), which was later recompiled as chapter 2 when the volume came out, because the second one-shot in this series (chapter 1 in the volume) takes place before that one and was the first titled Boku no Koto Suki ni Natte.

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 5:03PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Yes, the little sister one-shot (7.5) was published a couple of months before the first one-shot in this series (Restaurendezvous), which was later recompiled as chapter 2 when the volume came out, because the second one-shot in this series (chapter 1 in the volume) takes place before that one and was the first titled Boku no Koto Suki ni Natte.

Thanks.

joined Jun 29, 2020

There can only be yuri

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

surprised to see this got updated it's been a long time

To reply you must either login or sign up.